Is Jay Wilson having fun?

Do you think that Jay Wilson still goes home to play Diablo 3 for fun? I mean, I am in general a strong advocate of it, even if I have my gripes about the storyline and so forth, but even I have been on a playing hiatus for about five days.

How many people on the Diablo 3 staff do you think are still playing for fun?
    Dreaming of Beta...and turtles
    mmmm....turtles.

Answered on the 12th with 275,000 other happy campers.
    ...Must resist adding a stupid, smartass answer to a god awful question....
    He seems like a guy that plays slow and it's his own game so I'm pretty sure he loves it and is still playing it every day after work.
    I doubt he's playing it, he probably was just happy to finish it and be done with it.
    Only if he created for himself items that are twice as better as Athene's items he has 1 milion dps and literally 1 shoting diablo.
    Quote from Potfur

Only if he created for himself items that are twice as better as Athene's items he has 1 milion dps and literally 1 shoting diablo.

Do you have any idea how dull that would be?
    Quote from Potfur

One shot everything in diablo is not the fun part, if you think so you doing it wrong.
    Quote from eldimmy

Quote from Potfur

One shot everything in diablo is not the fun part, if you think so you doing it wrong.

It may be for some people
    Many kittens met their untimely demise and hordes of Baby Jesus wept as a direct result of this thread being created.
    Blizzard's one of those 'by gamers, for gamers' companies. I'd honestly be very surprised if he didn't play D3 himself. I mean sure, I doubt he's one of the uber hardcore types, but I bet he's enjoying the game at his own pace.

To put so much effort and dedication into creating something, you have to enjoy what you're doing. You have to truly believe in it and want to spend that much time on it. He has to be a gamer, and the only way to know if you're making a good game is if you make the game you'd want to play. It'd just be bizarre to think otherwise.
    Quote from Levitate

Jay Wilson is waiting for Torchlight II like the rest of us. The rest is just for show.

Marking my calendar for the day you chronic pessimists migrate to the Torchlight forums to bathe in tears of unrealistic disappointment based on utopian daydreams of what could have been.
    Is Obama having fun?
    He is probably working his ass of on the xpac for D3 before people get over the game.
    Quote from Niqqo

He is probably working his ass of on the xpac for D3 before people get over the game.

Diablo 3 We fuck shit up further ™
    Quote from Niqqo

Look at this guy he thinks Jay Wilson actually writes the code.
    Quote from blujay

Quote from Niqqo

Where did he mention anything about programming?
    Well he probably played hundreds of hours of it before it was released, for testing purposes. Even if the game was in a different state at the time, I'm not sure if he'd be still super interested in it.
    Quote from Zakaz

Many kittens met their untimely demise and hordes of Baby Jesus wept as a direct result of this thread being created.

Don't forget that many glasses of milk were smashed, and trayfuls of cookies where destroyed.

Quote from blujay

Quote from Niqqo

I'm sure there is a lot more that goes into a game than just sitting at a computer writing code. Jay Wilson's title is Game Director. Just by guessing I'm sure he has more of a role in managment of each department (code, models, netowrking etc etc etc) rather than sit on a computer all day tapping out code.

I bet everyone in the d3 is working their ass off at the moment. Regardless if their job title.
    Of course Jay Wilson is playing this game.

You think he would work on a game this long, giving interviews, answering questions, talking us through the development process with such passion...and when it's finally finished after EIGHT years he'd be like..........................................................................................................MEH this shit is not for me. Really?

( )
    Cleaned up the topic.

If you're going to mention Torchlight II at least try and be civil and not intentionally make people flame you, leading to a catastrophe.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes