100MF Act I or 0MF ACT II? My experience and some simple math

Quote from Mahoraba

Quote from Bilge

You don't get what I'm saying. Yes, I know the chance of iLvl 62-63 rares is lower in act 1. What I'm saying is that you get significantly more rares / hour in act 1, which negates the lower drop rate. Even with godly gear, higher act elites have so much health that they simply take longer to kill yielding a lower amount of rares per hour.

Your definition of "Godly" obviously doesn't include the ability to steam roll act 3 the same way that you do Act 1, which is currently the case for me, maybe not other but do not generalize that Act 1 is always better cause its not.

There is a point in gear that Acts become better to farm. Get over it.

Fascinating. I didn't realize that having better gear lowered the amount of health elites in act 3+ have to the amount those in act 1 have, allowing you to farm act 3+ just as fast. Thanks for this insight into game mechanics.
    Quote from Bilge

Fascinating. I didn't realize that having better gear lowered the amount of health elites in act 3+ have to the amount those in act 1 have, allowing you to farm act 3+ just as fast. Thanks for this insight into game mechanics.

Better gear doesn't allow you to one shot Act 1 any faster then you already do, It does allow you to "One shot" or in better terms burn a pack in act 3 down even with the harder of affixes in seconds, not because of "amazing DPS stats" but because of both defensive and offensive stats allowing you to straight burn the pack down quickly. This assumes you're not a horrible 1h/Shield Barb or Monk that plays in such a way that they just live forever and do close to zero damage, a play style like that I could never play. Not fun.

http://www.diablofan...al-farming-run/

As i've shown above I clear on average 32 Elite packs, 4 goblins and 2 bosses in a span of 45 minutes normally, you would be surprised how much you can just stand still and kill a pack with 300% Crit Damage, 30% Crit, 900 All Resist and 2.6 Life Steal.

Sure, they have more health but they do not take longer to kill for me my Act 1 clear that I use to do isn't shorter then my Act 3 route and it doesn't kill as many Elites either, they're around the same clear time, even if Act 1 was 10 minutes faster and killed the same amount of things (Which it doesn't) it would not be better because 10 minutes isn't three times as fast as my Act 3 clear.
    Quote from Bilge

What some people fail to understand is that once you're at the point of killing Act 1 mobs in under 15-ish seconds, better gear really isn't going to improve your rares/hour all that much, you're basically at the upper limit of what Act 1 will provide you. But, better gear will continue to make Acts 2, 3, and 4, give better yields. The undercurrent of silliness in all of these MF threads is that your clearing speed has no upper limit. It does, which means your farming capacity has an upper limit in every act. It's just a matter of comparing the upper limits of each act. Not so many people have gear that allows them to facestomp Act 3/4 though, not in the manner that most people can facestomp Act 1.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Mahoraba

Quote from Bilge

Better gear doesn't allow you to one shot Act 1 any faster then you already do, It does allow you to "One shot" or in better terms burn a pack down even with the harder of affixes in seconds, not because of "amazing DPS stats" but because of both defensive and offensive stats allowing you to straight burn the pack down quickly. This assumes you're not a horrible 1h/Shield Barb or Monk that plays in such a way that they just live forever and do close to zero damage, a play style like that I could never play. Not fun.

http://www.diablofan...al-farming-run/

As i've shown above I clear on average 32 Elite packs, 4 goblins and 2 bosses in a span of 45 minutes normally, you would be surprised how much you can just stand still and kill a pack with 300% Crit Damage, 30% Crit, 900 All Resist and 2.6 Life Steal.

Sure, they have more health but they do not take longer to kill for me my Act 1 clear that I use to do isn't shorter then my Act 3 route and it doesn't kill as many Elites either, they're around the same clear time, even if Act 1 was 10 minutes faster and killed the same amount of things (Which it doesn't) it would not be better because 10 minutes isn't three times as fast as my Act 3 clear.
    You are very correct and also why its faster for me to do act 2 instead of act 1.

At some point your gear is good enough to steamroll a higher act and when that happens, its simply more efficient than to just stay in act1.
    I would farm act II instead of I no matter how much MF I have.
    I've been farming Act 1 since the latest hotfix, with 435% MF with 5 stack.

When I have 5 stack, and im pew-pewing elites, i'll aoe everything I can, any mob at all.

Ive had 2x1200 dps 1-H weaps off white mobs, and a 25% sunseeker off a white mob..

MF ftw.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes