bliz needs to stop scammers

I have yet to be scammed but for the past hour ive have been trying to sell an item ive had 6 scammers trying to either:

1. change amount of gold
    2. close trade window so i drop my item

i now make sure i rightclick when placing an item in trade. however, i can be as careful as i want but its no gd if the person buying items is in threat of potentually being scammed too (for all they know im a scammer too).

whoever accepts the trade first is vulnerable to being scammed as the 2nd person (whether theyre seller or buyer) can change the item/gold.

this has been a problem since day 1. surely by now bliz has had enough time to fix this, mayb implement a system where both parties have to accept twice. once to confirm that is the correct item/amount of gold they agreed upon. and second time to agree upon the trade. if either party was to cancel at any point then all players get there item/gold back as if nothing happend.

working so hard to earn gd items only to have it taken away from you really spoils the gaming experience and nowadays u really cant rely on the other player to be honest as soon as u click that trade button.

please fix this bliz before more gd honest players fall victim to these scams.
    i agree.. Scammers are everywhere and blizzard doesn't want to do anything about it.. at least fix the most common scam tricks ?
    As a seller I never accept first. THis is the best way atm to protect yourself.
    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all."
    Issac Asimov
    The gold in the trade window just really needs some fucking commas.
    "She's an absolute. Why just this last week I was. Ok look. I'm. Just take my advice." -Ungrien
    there's so many simple fixes that can be taken from wow and put into this game... like locking in the items to be traded and then pressing ok, and chat channels/windows that aren't a complete disaster and all one color that can't be changed..
    Quote from IIamaKing

i get that as i sell alot more than i buy. but even when i do buy im still hesitant to accept as they can change the item
    Now, I loath Blizzard as a company and I think that Diablo 3 could have been much much better then it is now (which is a good, but by no means excellent game), but didn't they already solve this problem by using an auction house?
    If you remember what kind of scams were in D2, you are not suprised! The time was stopped 10 years ago...
    Quote from Ramsey

Now, I loath Blizzard as a company and I think that Diablo 3 could have been much much better then it is now (which is a good, but by no means excellent game), but didn't they already solve this problem by using an auction house?

to an extent yes they did. however if your selling an item u made u would know exactly how much it cost u to make. a certain item ive made if sold in ah from the amount it is now with the 15% charge it actually cost me more to make it than to sell it
    Quote from IIamaKing

Mexican standoff

"You accept first"

"No, you accept first"

"No....I'm not accepting first, you trying to scam me"?

"No, I'm not scamming. Are you?

"You accept first".........
    I don't understand.

If I place my item, and they place the value then I hit accept first, and they change the value, doesn't it cancel my accept and make me re-accept, like in D2?
    Quote from Sollar

I don't understand.

If I place my item, and they place the value then I hit accept first, and they change the value, doesn't it cancel my accept and make me re-accept, like in D2?

That's how I thought it worked... If the other person changes anything after you clicked Accept, then you will have to click Accept again. Maybe if you're not paying attention you can get scammed that way?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes