What would make you buy an expansion?

I consider Diablo 3 a good game in terms of gameplay, worse in dialogues and with many holes in story, I really don't like the always online mode, not many builds despite what Blizzard employees might say and dependance on items. I know many of you like the item centered game but I always envisioned Diablo 3 to be about strategy and uniqueness in skill builds, about adapting to situations with your own skills and attributes of choice and making your playstyle. Diablo 3 is that way in only small part, as many skills aren't viable and the attribute choice is pretty easy. Reaching level 60 should be way longer, I never reached 99 in D2 but in all those years it was fun to just play through difficulty levels. And of course endgame in my opinion should be farming for those 'truly' legendary items, PVP (arena, duels, maybe some bigger fights like 8 on 8 etc) and maybe some random events with some tasty rewards.

So going back to the question, I would buy the expansion if the characters were more balanced, if the points I made earlier are at least partly implemented, if there would be new class Paladin or Knight and if it was a lot cheaper than D3 and with "We're sorry for all those years of developing an undeveloped game" card
    The necromancer's comeback COULD make me buy an expansion. So actually nothing at all.
    Monster shrines.
    Random events as you mentioned.
    legendary.. no... LEGENDary. I want to be able to brag about my perfect shako or something like that not about my cool rare drop..
    The feature to be able to bet gold or items in PVP.
    Ladderpoints in PVP.

Uber diablo
    I will be pre-ordering the xpan as soon as it's announced tbh, I'm enjoying every one of my (so far) 200+ hours on this game, the only games i've played this much are online FPSs, MMOs, and Skyrim.
    Quote from Mac_an_tSaoir

Blizzard keeps this shit up, im going to find me some fucking remora action to roll with. Cause imma shark, shark shark shark shark
    Improvements to already existing content (tons of new randomizations, tweaks to current classes and skills, tweaks to current bosses, tweaks to crafting so it's actually slightly better), and a new Act obviously

Also the mystic, new monster affixes, new shrines (they're too simple right now, kinda boring, where's our Speed shrine?), new gems (with more interesting/varied effects).

Pretty much what they're going to do :P
    I would agree with Minster215, I'll pre-order it as soon it's announced. I've roughly played 250h so far, so even if I did quit today it's really been worth the money ;)

One being released.
    BurningRope#1322
    If Robin van Persie told me he would stay at Arsenal if i bought the expansion,i would be first in the quew

Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.

I will buy the expansion anyway unless there is nothing in it even though Im disapointed by D3.

Blizzard has a good history at making an expansion that fixes a lot of problems of the original.
    Being able to do this, which I loved from the earlier games:
    • Enchanting Items: Turning a white item of your selected type into a rare.
    • Naming Rares: Honestly, do I need to say why? In either case, it should probably be expensive, obviously. Option to remove the name (as I can forsee this being a focus of whining in combination with the AH)
    • Monster Shrines: As mentioned above, those were pretty cool :)
    ... aand, let's see:
    • Ability to Search in the Journals: My goodness, it annoys me. Only way of managing is within the few categories. Sorting would be great too :P
    • Free Play Mode: A way to link all the acts in one game, with the game acting as on the very last bit of the last quest of each act, just with everything being alive and killable - and being able to go back and forth between acts. Would logically require you to have completeled everything in said difficulty first.
    Obviously, the obligatory new act(s) and class(es) too. All I can think of, at this point. Still, I'd buy it no matter what :P
    It has been said... that in the end of all things... we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world... and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind... the people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death... for I've seen what the darkness hides!
    ... I don't think it's safe here.
    Hoping for Pink Chain Lightning in D3!
    Quote from Sindromica

If Robin van Persie told me he would stay at Arsenal if i bought the expansion,i would be first in the quew

Fat chance! :QQ:

If there is a D3 expansion, I don't have to think twice about buying it. It will be installed on my comp from day 1.

What would I like to see in it>:
    PVP (on its way)
    A new act
    An increasingly hard game mode, for instance a dungeon in which bosses aquire an extra affix for each level! Can you imagine fighting a mob with 6 affixes! ooohhhh...
    Engame...
    Removing the AH
    Quote from ruksak

One being released.

Yup.
    Quote from Andarus

Engame...
    Removing the AH

The AH must die for Diablo to live.
    Quote from Tinyhell

Quote from Andarus

Engame...
    Removing the AH

Actually, if the RMAH makes money, that would utterly guarantee multiple expansions, it would seem that the exact opposite would be the case.
    I have yet to do anything on the RMAH other then SELL items. Me making money while having fun is quite a nice bonus.

Yes, but what the RMAH has done is pushed the item curve forward; which has let people finish inferno -way- faster than intended. The side effect of this is; is that other see it being done and feel like they have to buy items as well to complete it; so they do. Then the predominant advice on forums for progression is "buy xxxx items at the Auction House." Read this site, or any other fan site. Does anyone ever say, "hey farm for this type of item?" Nah, cuz it's readily available on the AH with no effort at all.

So, what the AH has done is taken away the investment of time and "effort" for quick reward - at a price. While I could launch into a "this is the problem with the world today" rant; it is a problem for this game. People "claimed" to love the item hunt in D2 for perfect items. Apparently, this was a lie, because they've abandoned the item hunt for the Auction House search function. Which they've found far more enjoyable.
    Quote from lorien1973

I have yet to do anything on the RMAH other then SELL items. Me making money while having fun is quite a nice bonus.

Yes, but what the RMAH has done is pushed the item curve forward; which has let people finish inferno -way- faster than intended. The side effect of this is; is that other see it being done and feel like they have to buy items as well to complete it; so they do. Then the predominant advice on forums for progression is "buy xxxx items at the Auction House." Read this site, or any other fan site. Does anyone ever say, "hey farm for this type of item?" Nah, cuz it's readily available on the AH with no effort at all.

So, what the AH has done is taken away the investment of time and "effort" for quick reward - at a price. While I could launch into a "this is the problem with the world today" rant; it is a problem for this game. People "claimed" to love the item hunt in D2 for perfect items. Apparently, this was a lie, because they've abandoned the item hunt for the Auction House search function. Which they've found far more enjoyable.

So this "problem" didn't exist for around a decade in D2?

Because it did, in fact, its the ENTIRE reason Blizzard put the AH's in the game in the first place.

People have been powerleveling/glitching to 80 in a day and using FG on D2jsp for many, many years in D2.

It did not seem to hurt the longevity in that game in the slightest....... (if THAT is not a clear indicator for the effect such a marketplace has on a Diablo game, I don't know what is.)
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Andarus

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Tinyhell

Quote from Andarus

Engame...
    Removing the AH

Actually, if the RMAH makes money, that would utterly guarantee multiple expansions, it would seem that the exact opposite would be the case.

Thats why D3 will never be fun...

D3 is already fun.

Just ignore that guy whining about the ah. I get the feeling he trolling all the time anyway.
    It will not take much. I am really enjoying D3 despite the few issues it has for me but I am able to accept them as no game is perfect.
    Legendary item overhaul. Give certain set items / legendary a chance to drop only from bosses with 5-10 stacks of Nephalem Valor.
    A new class, a new mercenary.
    Pvp ladder.
    /nopickup
    A story with no hope for the main characters in the new act(s).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes