Force quit Diablo 3

Meh 350+ hours between a barb and a demon hunter, and I still plan to play both of them as well as leveling at least the other 3 characters to 60. Still enjoying the game quite a bit, and I don't use the RMAH at all. It's fun to just run around and kill things, whether it be stuff I can handle easily (act2 inferno on my barb) or trying to do harder stuff like act 3 in groups with some of my friends.

Still having fun, still earning new and better gear. If you're bored with it then that's cool and I can respect that, but I see no reason to force your opinion on other people and then insult them when they don't agree, saying nonsense such as 'I'm lying to myself because I enjoy it'. That doesn't even make sense.

Diablo needs more gamers like you.
    Quote from FuriousBalls

People who are still playing Diablo 3 are mostly lying themselves. Some are pretending that they are having fun and the other half is playing to earn money on RMAH (such is me).

I can catagorically disabuse you of that notion. I am definitely having fun playing D3! Don't presume to tell me that I'm lying to myself. That just makes me think you somewhat of a cunt. :)
    Wait. Isn't this the guy who killed Diablo (inferno) in under 3 minutes and spent like 300 million on the auction house to do so; now complaining that he's not getting upgrades?

You're kidding me, right? You can't be serious. Of course you're not getting upgrades. You just bought them all.

You buy a good upgrade on the RMAH, then complain that you aren't getting better items in game? Really?

People who are still playing Diablo 3 are mostly lying themselves. Some are pretending that they are having fun and the other half is playing to earn money on RMAH (such is me).

Nah. I finally cleared Belial (inferno) over the weekend after 3 hours of tries. Then last night I one shotted him (well, it was a mutual kill, thanks to DoTs, but same thing :P). That was very fun. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Then again, I'm not upgrading via the Auction House, so I tend to - you know - find upgrades while playing. And have to make tough decisions on horizontal upgrades.
    Its sad seeing one of the biggest D3 follower to just quit.

Its even more sad, that I kinda quit myself too, almost without realizing it. Haven't played for almost a week now and I don't see me playing anytime soon, while the game is how it is (for me): .... not fun. Like Force, I can't really put my finger on it, but somehow I don't enjoy playing D3 anymore. I almost feel like betraying myself with this, because ... I've waited so long and wanted to grind for gear, play all classes, etc. But in the end all I did now, was playing 1 class to 60, and all else to like 20-30. I didn't even finish the game (act3 first Boss). And you know what? I'm done. Don't wanna play anymore.

And the f***ing worst part is: I don't know why exactly I'm not enjoying this anymore.
    I just wanted to play a hack and slash dungeon crawler

And yet the entire video is about the fact he wasn't compelled to play because of X, Y, and Z.

Frankly, I agree with his assessment about the gear grind being more frustrating (see my itemization thread), but I think the real answer is something he mentioned later; that his taste has changed. Some people like playing ARPG, others need the continuity of an MMO, and others like MOBA or RTS, etc. I used to be a hardcore starcraft player (not that I was any good), but I didn't play sc2 much at all. It wasn't that the game sucked, but I simply didn't want to play an RTS anymore. I had spent too much time playing various mmo's and the way I enjoyed gaming was different.

I don't think blizzard has done admirably here, but I have to re-iterate the fact i'm unimpressed with anyone who can admit to using the RMAH and in the same sentence complain about being uninterested in the game. There is a similar classification of player in most MMOs, the folks who spend real money investing in their characters and always beat the content and crush their pvp opponents quickly and efficiently. They're the first to announce their accomplishments and claim they get the most out of the game, but they are also the first to quit, the first to complain about a lack of new content, and the first to tell everyone else they're wasting time.
    Quote from Doez

Though he was a big contributor, there isn't anyone or anything that's going to influence me to quit. Peace out, Force, cya at 1.1.
    Yeah, he'll be back. Everyone always comes back.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    have 200+ hours and still enjoy it. and since i suck at playing the ah i couldnt even afford an upgrad from the ah :D just today found 2 upgrades in the same hour, so great!
    and in my opinion, playing a game for 200hours is pretty rare these days so it was worth it for me
    Force was being polite he knows why he quit he just didnt wanna blame blizzard.

The game was made too casual.

No pvp, and they have very little plans too support it.

The quests give no rewards other then xp and gold, xp becomes useless and gold becomes a ah and repair sink. Quest in d2 were optional and gave stat and skill benfits with no forced story down your throat.

We also had custom game names for random events like free's or certain boss runs. We had better communication and chat rooms.

What force doesnt really know too much is boss runs were funner in diablo, trade games is what made diablo fun, along with duel rooms.. people keep arguing against this are just wrong.
    Quote from Daemaro

It sounds like he just got burnt out. It happens when you go so hard so fast.

I admit my play has slowed a lot lately too but then again that happened a lot in D2 for me as well. Play hard for a few weeks, take a break a month or so, go play again, back and forth.

Maybe, but that's not what he is saying. He is saying there is nothing meaningful to do, and that is a real problem that Blizz has acknowledged.

It's called buyer's remorse. He realized how pathetic it was to buy an pixelated item for real money. Every time you look at the "thing", it screams failure at you. This is why he quit. He said it more than a few times.
    Do you all realize just how much u played? playing 400+ hours is ALOT of time, if you quit a game after that much playing time its probably a good thing and it doesn't mean the game sucks or has no endgame... it just means you played waay too much of it waay too fast

also w8 for pvp... he'll be back
    Blizzard used to care about releasing Diablo III, then they all took an arrow in the knee...
    Quote from Bloodyvain

The quests give no rewards other then xp and gold, xp becomes useless and gold becomes a ah and repair sink. Quest in d2 were optional and gave stat and skill benfits with no forced story down your throat.

We also had custom game names for random events like free's or certain boss runs. We had better communication and chat rooms.

What force doesnt really know too much is boss runs were funner in diablo, trade games is what made diablo fun, along with duel rooms.. people keep arguing against this are just wrong.

Let's analyse your post for a second (I didn't watch the vids, so you can flame me on that if you want)

PVP: They will be bringing this in, so it's not 'no pvp', it's delayed 'pvp'. If you want to make your argument valid, try to actually use the correct words. One point proven wrong.

CASUAL GAMEPLAY: Yes and no. Yes, normal and nightmare is piss easy - I could do it with my eyes closed and completely wasted while playing with only my toes. It's an embarrassment to D2 difficultly as Nightmare on D2 is harder than Hell in D3. Granted, it's casual - but have you even tried inferno? Some of us are die-hard fans who want impossible difficulty with awesome loot. But instead of finding awesome loot, we buy awesome loot, which makes the impossible difficulty even easier.

Buying off the AH is like cheating, it's like when I played Diablo 2 solo and I REALLY wanted that one bloody rune I could never farm easily and was unable to trade due to single player. Instead I would do thorough research of the items value, transmute it to gold value and eventually I'd acquire the 'gold price' for that item. So what I would then do is farm all the gold, toss it on the ground, exit and use a hero editor to add 'said' gem to my inventory. I didn't want to gain something without spending something, but I still felt like I was cheating. You are always going to have a nagging sense of cheating because it's 'too easy'.

Example "Oh...look at that awesome weapon...WHAT, only 10k? MINE!" Prices for good gear has dropped so much that the allure of using the AH/RMAH has become too tempting for most and I admit to using it more excessively that I wanted to and this attributes to the 'easy' feeling. If you had to farm every piece of equipment you have you'll see the true difficulty of Diablo.

QUESTS: The quests in D3 are merely standing points for levelling and the gold is just a bonus - it's nothing more. You don't farm an area to finish the quests and if you do, something is wrong with your picture. Progression through the game is mostly for the xp as you get more gold from the game itself by just playing. Quests are merely there to get a jump in experience if you are low level - after that they just become needless and act as milestones.

The rest of your post I agree with.
    Playing to be the "numba one in da world" takes its toll on a lot of people. Players in top-end WoW raiding guilds suffer from it too. At some point you can oversaturate yourself with the game and nothing the developer can throw at you will make you want to play. That really isn't a flaw with the game though.

I've said it a few times but Death & Taxes threatened to quit WoW because the endgame wasn't pushed fast enough for them back in BT days. But what does Blizzard actually gain by pushing content at a pace that satisfies people who are going to beat it faster than they can churn it out? Take Dragon Soul for example. There's no question that Paragon cleared it out in less hours than it took Blizzard to make the content. How can Blizzard possibly appease that demographic without completely alienating 99% of their playerbase?

I'm not saying that Blizzard has done no wrong, but I'm just trying to be rational about the "endgame." Even in WoW, which has more $$$ to crank out content, cutting-edge players routinely get bored. This is not a problem endemic to Diablo. It's a problem that all developers face when it comes to professional gamer types.
    p427 :: 89.1k EK :: 2.47m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Been playin for weeks and I see no reason why I won't play for years. Then again.....I'm not a no-life "pro" that spent every waking hour playing, buying and selling on 5 hours sleep a night (or day).

I come home from work, fire up a couple of smooth bowls and I have a god damn blast running inferno and hustling the GAH.

/end statement
    Quote from CorDa616

Quote from Bloodyvain

Let's analyse your post for a second (I didn't watch the vids, so you can flame me on that if you want)

PVP: They will be bringing this in, so it's not 'no pvp', it's delayed 'pvp'. If you want to make your argument valid, try to actually use the correct words. One point proven wrong.

CASUAL GAMEPLAY: Yes and no. Yes, normal and nightmare is piss easy - I could do it with my eyes closed and completely wasted while playing with only my toes. It's an embarrassment to D2 difficultly as Nightmare on D2 is harder than Hell in D3. Granted, it's casual - but have you even tried inferno? Some of us are die-hard fans who want impossible difficulty with awesome loot. But instead of finding awesome loot, we buy awesome loot, which makes the impossible difficulty even easier.

Buying off the AH is like cheating, it's like when I played Diablo 2 solo and I REALLY wanted that one bloody rune I could never farm easily and was unable to trade due to single player. Instead I would do thorough research of the items value, transmute it to gold value and eventually I'd acquire the 'gold price' for that item. So what I would then do is farm all the gold, toss it on the ground, exit and use a hero editor to add 'said' gem to my inventory. I didn't want to gain something without spending something, but I still felt like I was cheating. You are always going to have a nagging sense of cheating because it's 'too easy'.

Example "Oh...look at that awesome weapon...WHAT, only 10k? MINE!" Prices for good gear has dropped so much that the allure of using the AH/RMAH has become too tempting for most and I admit to using it more excessively that I wanted to and this attributes to the 'easy' feeling. If you had to farm every piece of equipment you have you'll see the true difficulty of Diablo.

QUESTS: The quests in D3 are merely standing points for levelling and the gold is just a bonus - it's nothing more. You don't farm an area to finish the quests and if you do, something is wrong with your picture. Progression through the game is mostly for the xp as you get more gold from the game itself by just playing. Quests are merely there to get a jump in experience if you are low level - after that they just become needless and act as milestones.

The rest of your post I agree with.

I said theres no pvp then I said then they wont have many plans on supporting it, meaning when they finially do add it, its not going to have much with it, you can look at forces pvp video too confirm that. Perhaps if your going to argue you should open your eye balls.

Im talking about casual in that there is NO builds no decissions at all, they could of made a way to build your character out with different options that are viable, but instead everyone is the same with different skills on there hot bar. But theres only 1-1.5 different hot bar builds, that actually work in inferno per class. And theres no way to negate or use timings, champion fights are a hp race... like getting in the intrapment.. only items can help you against effects and abit of skills.

Ull have to forgive any spelling errors and not adressing the rest, I didnt feel like reading it all and I gotta go.
    Quote from lorien1973

It's called buyer's remorse. He realized how pathetic it was to buy an pixelated item for real money. Every time you look at the "thing", it screams failure at you. This is why he quit. He said it more than a few times.

Well right... I thought that sort of went with it. At least it does to me. You play hard and fast and either through luck you get a really nice set or through real money, the end is the same, you sort of feel like "been there done that." The RMAH surely speeds that up though.

Quote from BigEd781

Quote from Daemaro

I admit my play has slowed a lot lately too but then again that happened a lot in D2 for me as well. Play hard for a few weeks, take a break a month or so, go play again, back and forth.

Maybe, but that's not what he is saying. He is saying there is nothing meaningful to do, and that is a real problem that Blizz has acknowledged.

Either way when you blow through the game, and get a great set then yeah it becomes a lot less fun.

That's a problem in a lot of online games. If it doesn't have some sort of progression treadmill or if you get the point you're no longer progressing as fast on that and upgrades get further apart just to kill things you've already killed it can get tedious.

Not to be one of those people to draw a similarity to WoW, but this is why I quit playing WoW. I'd buy a expansion hit the level cap and then I didn't care for the extremely in the box PvP or have the patience and time to deal with raids. So after I hit level cap it became a graphical chatroom basically for me.

Of course there are plenty of other games where the exact same happens. The pace slows a lot, upgrades are few and far between, and you've pretty much "beat the game".

With PvP and perhaps something else added that we can blow time on, it may become more interesting again. Until then I'm going to keep playing casually probably more working on alts and wait for that sweet, sweet, legendary patch so I can start getting some big boy legendaries. :P
    Diablo series: A hack and slash game.
    Diablo 3: A get hacked and get slashed game.

If it is not fun to melt packs of mobs because they melt you, and there is no ladder or 99 level to reach, what else do you do?

In short, that is my thought. I still play and enjoy it, but I also already feel like that.
    What was the level cap in the original Diablo? 50?
    The RMAH (and AH) ruins a lot of fun to actually playing the game.

MMORPG use Soul Binding not without a reason, it is one method that prevents the game from becoming a wealth marathon that ruins the game. Diablo 3 didn't care for that because it sees itself as a singleplayer game for most parts. If diablo wants to become more it needs to improve the endgame and the economic system, their needs to be more then endless grind for no reason (that can also be skipped with money).

PvP will be a little start, but with the actual system it is propably not more than an equip comparison. The economic system of Diablo 3 just doesn't work for a competitive multiplayer game.

The repair cost also removes the fun on playing the game where you can just barely survive and where you need all your skill.

But i still like the game alot i just fear that endgame won't be fun for a long time like i hope.
    It's almost becoming mainstream to create a video on why you stopped playing whatever game you stopped playing. It's the gaming version of Instagram.

Don't want to play Assassin's Creed anymore? Make a video letting others know.
    Don't want to play Crysis anymore? Make a video letting others know.
    Don't want to wipe a 3rd time? Make a video letting others know.
    "Anything I say can't, and won't be used against me because if they understood my point, they'd have given up theirs." -Christopher Hitchens
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes