Has blizzard given up on diablo 3?

Quote from AudioCG

You lack the ability to start a new character? Because thats all ladder did for you.

And really? 1-2 builds per class in Inferno? You sure about that? Please, put forth your impeccable information pertaining to this claim you have made. (Because I have seen no less then a dozen different builds from Wizards ALONE in Inferno)

It's not the ability to start a new character... it's climbing the ladder.. messing with others.

ok maybe i was wrong about viable builds... but there are skills which HAVE to be in the build to be viable.. and on the other hand there are skills which are.... useless...
    Nope.

Next thing they will do is... *looks up at WoW changes that increase income of players*
    They will nerf the Inferno!

Vivendi is selling Activision Blizzard, if Blizzard didn't give up D3 yet, it seems Vivendi did?

WoW, SC2, and D3 are totally sucking and no one is playing those games, let's sell!!!11!!!!!!
    The first few posts is all you need to read, I didn't feel like going through 5 pages of fluff.

TL;DR:

The fact they they are still patching the game means they have not given up.
    /thread
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Quote from C0r4x

Quote from AudioCG

You lack the ability to start a new character? Because thats all ladder did for you.

And really? 1-2 builds per class in Inferno? You sure about that? Please, put forth your impeccable information pertaining to this claim you have made. (Because I have seen no less then a dozen different builds from Wizards ALONE in Inferno)

It's not the ability to start a new character... it's climbing the ladder.. messing with others.

ok maybe i was wrong about viable builds... but there are skills which HAVE to be in the build to be viable.. and on the other hand there are skills which are.... useless...

Ok, there is a reasonable and viable complaint, Ladder, you like Ladder play, gives you a goal, this is something they could introduce to D3.

And you are so very close, yes, there are some "useless skills", so really, all Blizzard needs to do is say, buff them into something useful? Correct? In the Dev AMAA on Reddit, Jay Wilson himself point blank said they "Are looking at the lesser used skills, and straight up buffing them"

Perhaps put forth what skills are useless to Blizzard? Its alot easier to put forth complaints in a manner not bolstered by overdramatization isnt it?
    Totall fucking agree... ppl abandoning it like a sinking ship. Total cluster fuck! Burn the game designer alive

Vivendi is selling Activision Blizzard, if Blizzard didn't give up on D3 yet, it seems Vivendi did?

You do realize when a parent company sells a subsidiary, that usually means said subsidiary is at a high (or highest) value right?
    For what it's worth, Activision Blizzard's stock is up almost 9% since close on Friday and the stock spiked upwards on Friday afternoon too (presumably post-announcement, but I don't have a specific time on the announcement).

Vivendi made the announcement on Friday, one day after their CEO resigned over internal strife due to issues relating to corporate restructuring. It would stand to reason that if Vivendi is attempting to restructure they're going to be selling off assets and not necessarily because those assets aren't profitable.

But, at the end of the day... since Vivendi announced they were selling their share in Activision Blizzard, Activision Blizzard stock has only gone up, by a large margin. Sounds to me that investors like Activision Blizzard's outlook even more without the spectre of Vivendi hanging overhead because they're sure as hell willing to pay more to get some shares today than they were on Thursday. Perhaps saavy people know that Vivendi is the weak link in the chain here.
    p427 :: 89.1k EK :: 2.47m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Alright just did a lot of thread cleanup, keep it civil guys, and if you see something inflammatory then report it, don't get involved in a volatile conversation that will end up getting you in trouble.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6019511928?page=1

Look for Bashioks posts.
    Quote from shaggy

For what it's worth, Activision Blizzard's stock is up almost 9% since close on Friday and the stock spiked upwards on Friday afternoon too (presumably post-announcement, but I don't have a specific time on the announcement).

That's honestly not worth much at all, it spikes like this every week, go check yourself.
    The drop will follow when Vivendi does their official announcement.
    O_O

Quote from shaggy

That's honestly not worth much at all, it spikes like this every week, go check yourself.

They already HAVE made the official announcement (Bloomberg), that actually caused a spike in the stock, roflol. (they just have not posted sale opportunities yet, they bought in for $1.75B, they are looking for direct sale for $8.1B, not a bad take IMO.)

Also, funny story, ActiBlizz is OVER earnings prediction for Q1 2012: http://venturebeat.c...-of-duty-sales/
    Blizzard definitely havent given up - a lot of patching going on (even if they sometime makes things worse). Why would they give up? RMAH suppose to delivery solid flow of extra cash.

Quote from MaxRebo

I'm sure there are many people who claim they could do much better in far less time. I'd wager they would be wrong.

I actually could. I would hire Blizzard North team and they would do a better job, much faster. :D I honestly dont know what Blizz was doing with D3 for 7 years - game is relatively small, and bugy as hell.

Some joked Blizz worked on game for 2 years, and 5 - on RMAH, but AH is even worse state than game itself, its mind boggling. WoW had a good AH for many years now, while D3 devs seem like they never seen AH in their life before. I use EU AH (G/RM) extensively, and its terrible. Not just availability wise, but feature wise as well.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from shaggy

They already HAVE made the official announcement (Bloomberg), that actually caused a spike in the stock, roflol. (they just have not posted sale opportunities yet)

Also, funny story, ActiBlizz is OVER earnings prediction for Q1 2012: http://venturebeat.c...-of-duty-sales/

Funny story, the stock was higher in May for example.
    And no, there is no official announcement/statement other then that they are looking to sell it, there will be more info from Vivendi soon, which probably will cause a huge decline in stock value.
    O_O
    Quote from Daemaro

Alright just did a lot of thread cleanup, keep it civil guys, and if you see something inflammatory then report it, don't get involved in a volatile conversation that will end up getting you in trouble.

Thanks. But I have a suggestion, Dae.

Make bringing up stocks and business mergers and acquisitions an instant 7 day suspension AND a few infraction points after the suspension is over (so they have to tread on eggshells when they're back).

Compton here is clearly trolling with this, you've already had to delete his posts, and he's STILL trolling and clearly doesn't get it. Show him why you deleted his posts.
    p427 :: 89.1k EK :: 2.47m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from shaggy

They already HAVE made the official announcement (Bloomberg), that actually caused a spike in the stock, roflol. (they just have not posted sale opportunities yet)

Funny story, the stock was higher in May for example.
    And no, there is no official announcement/statement other then that they are looking to sell it, there will be more info from Vivendi soon, which probably will cause a huge decline in stock value.

Right before the release of the most pre ordered PC game in history? You dont say. (almost like every game companies stock spike's before the sale of a massive AAA title)

But i'll take that "bet", upon Vivendi's sale terms announcement, stock will not tank. And if they don't table a direct buyer, and go public with the sale (as they have stated they might) then the stock will straight up spike.
    Quote from Vadok

The game was a big disappointment to a very smal minority who's complaining on the forums, the majority is playing and not caring about posting.
    Nothing is ever rushed by Blizzard.

Amazon D3 customers opinions are pretty good reflection - and WAY more have given lowest grade than max. Average 2.5/5 is about right.

Also your last statement isnt true either, D3 was rushed to the extent they cut many features out just to launch game sooner. If they havent postpone D3 for half a year though, I dont want to even think in what shape game would have been, its dissapointing as it is.

Quote from Vadok

They delivered amazing service compared to any other developer. People just expect miracles, and miracles just don't happen.

"amazing service"? In what World are you living in? I dont want to call anyone fanboy, but lets be real - service (at least in EU) was beyond terrible, only few games were worse, like Aion. Not like NCsoft cares about West anyway, but Blizz?
    If anyone has concerns regarding rules or moderation PM me with them, don't post them in a public thread.

The whole stocks argument comes up a lot and there are simply too many factors to assess what is causing the rise and fall of stocks to be able to point and simply say "Look it's because of D3!"

If people are pointing the stock falling after D3 release, that happens after every WoW expansion too. WoW's stock dropped something near 25% a month and 12 days after WOTLK launched. WoW didn't die or fail. That's just a natural dehyping of a game. You'll probably see the same in any companies stock for a moderately advertised game a month later compared to release it has probably dropped.

Please stop looking for how good D3 or any game is doing in stocks, I doubt anyone of us here is qualified to make any sort of professional opinion on stock trading let alone on a company as big as this.

Just gonna quote what I said about ratings in another thread instead of relaying it all over again:

In regards to user review ratings on Amazon and other sites:
    I will admit that is hurtful, but only because those are all so skewed when a group of people are upset. A lot of games will have that happen when even a small issue with the game arises that upsets people. Now it's okay for people to be upset, that's fine. What's scary is that some companies take user reviews like they're directly representative of a games success.

For example Fallout: New Vegas, a pretty big success overall, but had many bugs at first which caused a pretty big backlash. It was sitting at 84 for PC and 82 for consoles. Because of missing that 85 score Obsidian Entertainment didn't receive their bonus from Bethesda and ended up having to lay off 30 employees. Nevermind it sold over 1.4million in the first week and many more down the line, they didn't meet the metacritic criteria.

For example just look at the amount of people who gave Diablo 3 a 0.
    http://www.metacriti...s?dist=negative

The only time I'd ever give a game a 0 is if it just outright wouldn't work. Not because I was mad at design changes from a previous title or because I felt the game was too easy, or whatever else it might be. There is absolutely no reason Diablo 3 deserves a 0, I would even say anything below a 2 but that's really just all based in people's opinions and well you know what they say about opinions.

Blizzard seems to know better though and they tend to look more towards the community in depth as a whole in what people like over a review number.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes