Has blizzard given up on diablo 3?

I think they messed up, I don't think they gave up on it.

I think they just wanted this game to be so perfect they reiterrated a million times the game, so much that, 6 years later, a few weeks before the launch, they were still changing the gameplay mechanics. They haven't rushed the game at all, it took alot more time than it should have to produce, the problem is that everything they tested for quality assurance (not only beta, but internally too) got removed or changed so dramaticly that balance/stability/efficiency wasn't proven. So they had to launch a game that could have used alot more testing. But they had to launch it, they just had to stop changing stuff at some point. Leaving your ideas for future expansions or patch.
    Only reason Im not playing is because Im on vacation, and the internet is slow here. And I do not have a good computer for anything else then forums and word documents (youtube is lagging on it) lol.

Blizz have done a good job, when the beta stage is over, D3 is gonna rock!

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Quote from Targariel

Exactly. This next generation of gamers is a total disaster. They are spoiled and know nothing about games. Some games are for people that know to appreciate good work :/

Base statement is base. I'm an old school gamer who enjoyed many games including D2 LoD for a long time. There isn't much good work to be appreciated in D3. The time they had to make it a solid enjoyable game with great replay value they wasted on hyping it with false promises and lies.
    You'll have a blast playing trough all of it for the 1st time. After that the fun greatly plummets to the ground.

Quote from Targariel

You're one of those people that are lost in time...if you could really compare D2 and D3 maybe you would understand that D3 is much better :/ Talk about the skill system? D2 system was ridiculous and what I saw in D2 was a bunch of people always doing the same build...perfect machines, people act like old people that don't want to change :/ There are so many aspects that I could talk of LOL.

Maybe I'm a bit stuck in time. But D3 isn't an upgrade of D2, not even close. The skill system in d3 isn't bad but the great diversity they promised isn't here as well. At least in D2 you could have some fun messing with a new chars stats and try something different if you weren't a copypasta hero.

Now it's just swapping some skills and coming down to the same few skill that are useful. How is that much different?
    Tell me more of those aspects you are talking about...

I think a lot of people bough D3 cause they expected an improved sequel of the Diablo 1 and 2. D3 is non of that.So a lot of people were disappointed.
    I don't know.
    Couldn't access the AH last night, can't today either, guess they don't care that much ^^
    O_O
    Quote from Naemesis

Quote from tanis0

Quote from FuriousBalls

Quote from Rainbowdash

Your first post disappoints me.

This.

This.

This.

All of these.

OP, they have been putting out patches at a breakneck pace, and they told us upfront that PvP would be a while.

Also, HC death due to lag/disconnect? Yeah, if you think that never happened in D2, you are wrong.
    Quote from DirtyImpulz

Quote from Targariel

Exactly. This next generation of gamers is a total disaster. They are spoiled and know nothing about games. Some games are for people that know to appreciate good work :/

Base statement is base. I'm an old school gamer who enjoyed many games including D2 LoD for a long time. There isn't much good work to be appreciated in D3. The time they had to make it a solid enjoyable game with great replay value they wasted on hyping it with false promises and lies.
    You'll have a blast playing trough all of it for the 1st time. After that the fun greatly plummets to the ground.

Calling you out.

Name 1, yup, just ONE, lie.

Go ahead, i'll wait. Common kiddo, you wanna talk shit like you know whats up? Back it up. (cause im betting you just got banned from the official forums for being a meme spouting hipster, and are all butthurt.)
    Quote from DirtyImpulz

Quote from Targariel

I wasn't refering to you as the next generation but to some kids that only care about great graphics and little more.
    And I don't get how doing the same thing in D2 for like 7 years was any better than D3 right now :/ Also, the high expectations (too damn hig!) that players had was to much. They gave you a great game but you wanted something better than what they could ever make :/ Some people just get stuck in the past, I know that those memories of playing D2 when we were young really are nostalgic and make us feel good (and we don't want anything different, anything that seems different or makes us feel different is not Diablo)but we grow up and we should accept new things.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about with the AH being down, actually. Are you EU? If so, maybe it's an EU thing, because this one's been up for me in NA very steadily, other than patch day.
    Quote from mbease

The game just released, and Blizzard is still coming out with patches and everything to improve it.
    Shut up.

Yeah, idd... shut up! Don't voice your concerns, don't tell Blizzard what you dislike or what you want to be improved in the game. Just let them release patches and hope for the best! Yeah, way to go man, good job.
    Just because PvP isn't out yet doesn't mean it's not coming. Changes aren't happening fast enough imo but at least they are coming. I'm sure a lot of players will come back once they fix a lot of the glaring issues.
    Quote from Sikk

Quote from mbease

The game just released, and Blizzard is still coming out with patches and everything to improve it.
    Shut up.

Yeah, idd... shut up! Don't voice your concerns, don't tell Blizzard what you dislike or what you want to be improved in the game. Just let them release patches and hope for the best! Yeah, way to go man, good job.

Honestly, I agree with you... except this whole topic is based on a premise that doesn't do anything that you said people should be doing. I agree that people should voice their concerns and tell Blizzard what they like and dislike. But how does this thread come close to that bar?

It is just some troll... whining because he feels that Blizzard came to his house and kicked his dog. It is the antithesis of constructive criticism. It's just bitching, moaning, and groaning with no overall purpose. I've read numerous posts where I don't necessarily agree with the sentiments, but I do feel that the poster is trying to better the game (Kripp & Athene's videos, for example, I disagree with most of it but I don't think they're trolling). There is no way that you can look at this thread in the same light, though, and that's one of the reasons so many people got suspensions on the b.net forums.

There's a huge difference between giving meaningful feedback and... well... basically attacking Blizzard like a rabid dog because they didn't do every last thing that you wanted them to do.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    The AH is down in Europe for over a day now. A full work day and nothing changed. I didn´t mind that nobody fixed it during the soccer final but not being able to fix a problem on a whole monday is... terrible, sad and extremely unprofessional.

I share the feeling that Blizzard is not overly motivated to make Diablo3 a decent game. The communication is bad or misleading, in the Europe is is nearly nonexistent. You get a feeling that they already started to pull staff, devs and techs out of the game to work on future projects, otherwise I really can´t explain how customers are left alone with problems over days without any help or at least status update.
    They seem to be very unmotivated at the moment, hopefully they get a grip soon :/.
    Quote from DirtyImpulz

Quote from Kaoskadosk

Sorry about this, but gamers have become so fucking demanding and spoiled. It's like small bratty children demanding complete perfection, and if anything, ANYTHING would stop working or not be perfect even for a second, it's nerdrage all over.

Take a chill pill and ride it out.

Maybe gamers got a bit more demanding these days. But from a giant company like Blizzard you are allowed to expect quality, right?!

D3 took so long to complete and it still is broken as hell and half of the game D2 is/was. Waiting so long to be disappointed after a month or 2 of playing it will get most people at least agitated.

The game to me feels untested and rushed to be released (even with all the time they had) and that the actual beta is going on at this very moment.

I had high hopes for this game. All it did was disappointed me in the end.
    That's probably what makes so many people 'mad' at the game and Blizz.

You compare a two and a half month old game to a game which has years upon years of player feedback, patches and an expansion. Just that is flawed in itself. If you want to compare D3 to D2, compare them release to release.

I imagine that it took such a long time to develop because they knew what they were going up against. Imagine the pressure of delivering a game that's supposed to triumph a game loved and played by many for more than eight years. They took their time because they knew how scrutinized the game would be and how extremely picky players are. Diablo 3 is not perfect, but they have an insanely good platform to build upon, the gameplay is nothing short of amazing and the groundwork laid out in the game is great. Yes, it needs more time and development, but they know this. That's why they are working diligently on patch 1.1, feeding it with player feedback and testing. As they said in interviews, now is when the work starts. It's an immense task they have ahead of them, think about that for a second.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from DirtyImpulz

Quote from Targariel

Calling you out.

Go ahead, i'll wait. Common kiddo, you wanna talk shit like you know whats up? Back it up. (cause im betting you just got banned from the official forums for being a meme spouting hipster, and are all butthurt.)

Lol mature way to respond. Seems you know about me more than I do myself.
    Here it goes butthurt fanboy.:
    1. All builds will be viable and there will be a great diversity of viable builds.
    2. A lot of randomization. Except the stats on items there isn't much randomness.
    3. Interesting Quest line. Some parts are nice a lot of parts are just filler in my eyes.
    4. Starting from nightmare it would become challenging.
    5. Elites and champions on inferno will be having special skills like waller etc (all mobs starting from nightmare can have those so-called "special" skills)

Don't forget i'm not raging. I'm just dissepointed in the game and how it is ATM. It could change. But I'm not expecting it to change for the better.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from DirtyImpulz

Quote from Targariel

Calling you out.

Umm that all builds would be viable end game.

Now thats a whooper of a lie!

One thing to remember though, the development team working on D3 had not worked on previous versions.

Unlike a certain runic game due out soon which has 2 of the 3 founding members from Blizzard north who created Diablo 1 and 2.
    Yup they have. That's why they're still patching the game.
    Quote from madmo55y

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from DirtyImpulz

Quote from Targariel

Calling you out.

Now thats a whooper of a lie!

One thing to remember though, the development team working on D3 had not worked on previous versions.

Unlike a certain runic game due out soon which has 2 of the 3 founding members from Blizzard north who created Diablo 1 and 2.

What's funny is that if Torchlight 2 didn't live up to it's pre-release hype you probably wouldn't be accusing the developers of being liars. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and it's such a shame that Blizzard is routinely held to standards that people refuse to hold other companies to.

I can guarantee that Torchlight 2 will be a good game. I can also guarantee it will have problems. Lastly, I can guarantee that you won't make anywhere near as big of a deal about TL2's problems as you've made of D3's.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)

No one ever said all builds would be viable. They went out of their way, in fact, to say that some builds would be clunkers. And some are.

Just because people post up a few good builds on forums, doesn't imply that thousands of other builds aren't used and are viable. If you remember (you probably don't), the massively OP WD zombie bear build, Bashiok said was used by 0.1% of players and was the 5th most popular build. That's a ton of diversity.
    Quote from lorien1973

Lol mature way to respond.

Quote from lorien1973

Here it goes butthurt fanboy.:

Quote from lorien1973

Don't forget i'm not raging.

... wut?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes