Play Diablo 3 without cheatcodes

Quote from Kilo55555

Yeah some people enjoy playing with aimbots, godmode, endless cash, maphacks etc as well. Others enjoy the challenge of beating a game without that.

Once again using the ah is intended. It is not comparable to cheating and definately not comparable to using mods like aimbot or maphack. If you are going on the angle that the harder the game is the more fun it is then why dont you play without weapons or something like that. Because thats unintended just like not using the ah is. Its also boring as hell in the long run, like not using the ah is after few days in inferno.
    Quote from Findulidas

Quote from Kilo55555

Yeah some people enjoy playing with aimbots, godmode, endless cash, maphacks etc as well. Others enjoy the challenge of beating a game without that.

Once again using the ah is intended. It is not comparable to cheating and definately not comparable to using mods like aimbot or maphack. If you are going on the angle that the harder the game is the more fun it is then why dont you play without weapons or something like that. Because thats unintended just like not using the ah is. Its also boring as hell in the long run, like not using the ah is after few days in inferno.

When I say untended I think that blizzard made D3, balanced it, said inferno would be impossible and would take months to clear. Then they through on the AH (to make money, not concerning how drastically it would effect gameplay) and released it.

But someone stated in this thread that they (blizz) have said that they take the AH in mind when adjusting droprates and so on. That to me feels like a last ditch effort to save a "broken" system.
    Quote from Kilo55555
    The only reason the AH is in the game is so that blizzard can earn money via the RMAH, not to improve the gaming experience. The gold AH exists so people get used to buying and selling items before they move over to the RMAH.

I thought the reason for having a secure and legit system on which every single player can safely trade was so that every single player can trade on a secure and legit system. Because, you know, I enjoyed trying to sell my D2 shit via websites and spamming the trade channel as the only means of said trading.
    "Anything I say can't, and won't be used against me because if they understood my point, they'd have given up theirs." -Christopher Hitchens
    Quote from Kilo55555

When I say untended I think that blizzard made D3, balanced it, said inferno would be impossible and would take months to clear. Then they through on the AH (to make money, not concerning how drastically it would effect gameplay) and released it.

But someone stated that they (blizz) have said that they take the AH in mind when adjusting droprates and so on. That to me feels like a last ditch effort to save a "broken" system.

Thats a lot of assumptions and it ends with how you feel things are, which sadly isnt how most people feel about the ah.

Also you first seem to state that they just created ah when all balancing was done and then in the next statement said that they didnt and ah was included in the balancing. Both cant be correct. Also if the ah already was in the system from the beginning its not something added to save the system.

The auction house was created because its the safest method of giving everyone a quick way to trade, it offers a look on all the items on the market with just a search. Its like the d2 trading except faster, smoother and you are in no risk of getting scammed or hacked through visiting a dodgy site.

One of the reasons the rmah is there is because it does give blizzard money, thats true. For the players it does offer something really good though. Legal competition with the gold sellers and farmers under controlled standards. If you want to buy something for money you can now do it without getting scammed or hacked, just use the rmah. Its a win win situation and if you dont see that then you are not being honest.
    I for one have found my own endgame, something to do after 200 hours of gameplay. I'll be leveling up a hardcore char and one softcore no AH one.

Can't wait! :Thumbs Up:
    just one question, was trading in diablo 2 cheating? all the AH is is a convenient way to trade without spamming chat rooms to find people to trade with.

again if your going to crack down on cheaters why not complain about twinkers.
    Again I'm not complaining at all but offering a simple solution to other (D3 is to easy, no end game etc) complaints. I don't care how other people play a single player game, but if they are upset and say there is no hope for D3 I'm trying to show another side for them to enjoy their time because I love D3 and don't like all the negativity surrounding it.
    Good lord, no sorry I can't do that. I only have 2-3 hours a day to play, and that's not everyday. Considering how things drop right now and the difficulty ramp in Hell and Inferno, it would probably take me 200-300 hours to get a character there.

I got a Barb and a Monk killing stuff in Act 2 Inferno in less than 25 hours, that's just fine by my standards (not a speedrun by any means, but not as slow as the first char at almost 70-80 hours) :P

I'm thankful for the AH :) makes me feel good using it. In the beginning it wasn't "free easy progress", you had to actually weight how much of your 100k you would spend to progress quicker and sell the better stuff to other people who were behind, so it felt like smart usage of a game mechanic (which pays off really nicely if you used it well back then - some great items for cheap prices) and not an abuse ;)
    This post would have been much more productive (and pretty accurate) had it been more about recommending a play-style that doesn't utilize the AH as a means of slowing down progression (and thus making it a "challenge" or "grind," rather than having a quick turn-around via purchased gear); instead, it attacked use of the AH, liking it cheating, when really, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Does the AH speed up progression? Yes? By way of anything other than streamlining the trading process that existed in previous Diablo games? No. Can you enjoy the game using it? Yes? Can you play the game without the AH and enjoy it? Yes. No need to crap on one way of playing or the other, just point out that there are alternatives. Why is this so hard?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes