First 1.0.3, now Hotfix.

A chance (16% is having 3 items level 63 from 20 items dropped) to drop a higher level item....

... that could be any one of the 11 item types (so different useful affixes and range of good rolls for each of those)..

... that will have a chance of rolling useful affixes (amonsgt the dozens of slightly less useful ones like +health after kill and +cold resistance)...

... which will in turn have a chance of rolling decent amounts for each of these useful affixes (because if they roll too low, the item will still be crap, even though you got really lucky in the previous slot machines).

That's like one in a million chance of a top notch item dropping.

Yeah, game's super easy now, everyone will be rocking 1.2k DPS weapons with +150 main stat, crit damage and sockets in no time!
    And their armor will definitely be the best in the game. Such gamebreaking change. How does it affect the individual by the way? Unless said individual has perfect gear and is farming Act 3/4 with one of his hands tied, it doesn't change a thing for him.
    Quote from constipationnow

Quote from shaggy

ITT: Demon Hunter whines because he doesn't have sole control of the iLevel 63 gear and 80% of the gold in the economy.

i dunno why people assume stupid things... but its so stupid really.
    i farm with my monk, never bought a single item from RMAH, gear worth 20+ million gold, nothing fancy and im not a richbitch just average dedicated player, all legit and blablabla etc. yes. owned and now go away.

Sorry bro, I'm just trolling you back like you're trolling the rest of us.

You act like you're some kind of elite player and that the rest of us peasents are shitting in your cognac and that we don't deserve to be there or something.

Inferno was nerfed because death zerging with glass cannon builds was not intended. The only way to fix that was to make it such that the average hit wasn't for 85% of your HPs. I'm really sorry that you think the pre-1.0.3 Inferno was balanced, but that really removes all credence you could have. The game is not "easier" since 1.0.3, in fact, for many players it is actually harder because now they can't just graveyard zerg their way to kills. They actually have to, I don't know, kill things. Amazing.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Benegesserit

average dedicated player

the "average dedicated player" is a very small subset of the actual number of people that play the game...in the game of balance you always take from something and give to something else...they are taking a little from you but they are gaining much more for giving to so many more...yes it does make the game easier but also more varied because the vast majority of players don't have enough time to be considered "dedicated" but want to feel like they can still gear up multiple specs and builds and not feel like they have to farm a week just for a marginally better upgrade (that sort of issue shouldn't have to crop up for years but it's already the case)

ye but it's so sad how they hype up inferno how hard it'll be, that they finally also have something for really dedicated players, and then nerf the shit til it's (almost) easy. people complaining how hard inferno is or don't have time for it shouldn't even try it. why is it commonly expected that anyone should be able to finish inferno?

D3 inferno wasn't supposed to be the equivalent to D2's Hell-difficulty (but it is now.), so why even create inferno? why not stop at hell difficulty? see where im getting at?

there is a difficulty for everyone, except for the dedicated.

link your hardcore inferno achieve please

1.0.3 - Great overnerf (too easy, severely shortened the longevity), but had other good fixes, ias-nerf was good etc.

Hotfix - Drop rates drastically increased (in many cases doubled).

This shortens the longevity of the game yet again :) Now everyone can get any items anytime. Easy game, just like inferno was supposed to be. Easy for everyone.

I made another topic before complaining about 1.0.3. Dont get me wrong, i mean its great that they adjust the game for newbeginners. And the game has new great features. But i mean.... where's the love for more dedicated players? Where's the love?

act3/4 drop rates in 1.03 were LOWERED in compensation of higher ilvls dropping in earlier acts, however, this left ilvl 62/63 rates way low in all acts, so they raised it to be viable to farm for those items again.

the patch lowered drop rates overall, hotfix returned to normal, they were never raised (besides from 0% to actually dropping).
    OP - you have no clue about anything in this game. Vanilla D3 was broken in Inferno. not balanced. The bulk of people who finished it used exploits or abused OP abilities to get as far as they did. There have been more nerfs to players than the game.

Claiming you got to A3 never using the AH and only by your own drops is crap, unless you also win the lottery a couple times a week, and have slot machines payout when you walk by.

All in all, your comments on longevity and difficulty are the only thing subjective in this post. And since you haven't cleared A4 after the patch, it is clearly harder still than you claim it to be.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

A chance (16% is having 3 items level 63 from 20 items dropped) to drop a higher level item....

... that could be any one of the 11 item types (so different useful affixes and range of good rolls for each of those)..

... that will have a chance of rolling useful affixes (amonsgt the dozens of slightly less useful ones like +health after kill and +cold resistance)...

... which will in turn have a chance of rolling decent amounts for each of these useful affixes (because if they roll too low, the item will still be crap, even though you got really lucky in the previous slot machines).

That's like one in a million chance of a top notch item dropping.

Yeah, game's super easy now, everyone will be rocking 1.2k DPS weapons with +150 main stat, crit damage and sockets in no time!
    And their armor will definitely be the best in the game. Such gamebreaking change. How does it affect the individual by the way? Unless said individual has perfect gear and is farming Act 3/4 with one of his hands tied, it doesn't change a thing for him.

yes but you dont need that much to clear inferno anymore. thats the point. if they increased the drop rates OR nerfed (not overnerf) inferno, it'd probably be fine. Now you need alot less gear and everything's cheaper, how much cheaper? look at the drop rates. it has doubled. statistically, the one item i would find pre-hotfix would now be 2 items (and they don't necessarily have to be good, but you clearly see the difference in the probability of finding good gear)
    Quote from Tyraen

OP - you have no clue about anything in this game. Vanilla D3 was broken in Inferno. not balanced. The bulk of people who finished it used exploits or abused OP abilities to get as far as they did. There have been more nerfs to players than the game.

Claiming you got to A3 never using the AH and only by your own drops is crap, unless you also win the lottery a couple times a week, and have slot machines payout when you walk by.

All in all, your comments on longevity and difficulty are the only thing subjective in this post. And since you haven't cleared A4 after the patch, it is clearly harder still than you claim it to be.

never said vanilla D3 inferno was perfect. i wanted it to be nerfed (soul rippers, herald of pestilence etc.) but not this overnerf and drop rate boost together. never claimed that i didnt use AH, i said RMAH. There is a difference there.
    pointless topic, how does this shorten the longevity of the game ? name one reason...
    if anything it extends the longevity because before the hotfix some people just stopped farming and were crafting all day long.
    did you like farming for several hours straight and not getting a single semi decent item ? the loot has to be rewarding in oreder for people to keep playing the game, otherwise they will feel that doesnt matter how much they play they wont get sh!t out of it anyway therefore there was no point to farm.
    haven't read every post, but people complaining about the loss of longevity just because of slightly increased
    drop rates are somewhat... well won't risk an infraction, but i'm really tired of reading about stuff like that anymore.
    getting an ilvl 63 drop doesn't necessarily mean, you can equip it right away because it being an amazing uber
    mega item.....
    first, an item of any given ilvl has to drop and THEN the statrolls have to meet certain "standards" so to speak.
    some people seem to forget about this and instead focus too much on the "itemLvl" only.

higher ilvl equal better item only applies to WoW (well mostly.. you get the point) as far as i know...
    I think alot of the people complaining are missing perspective.

Pre-1.0.3, you were either in A3, or you were not.
    Progressing to get to A3 was terrible, even entering A2 was a brick-wall at the time.
    Another problem was that you would not get any decent upgrades in a fashonable manner (personal opinion) or possibly get any truly good gear. It took away all the fun of farming, as you knew you could not get lucky and get anything really good.
    This forced alot of people to reroll and go glass cannon, which is a terrible playstyle IMO.
    I rerolled a DH (from Barb) and managed to get it into A3 and do alot of SB and Pony-runs, but it was quite boring dying the second a mob looked at you, but atleast it made me some gold/progress.

Right before 1.0.3 I rerolled a Monk, and since 1.0.3, I've had a blast farming A2, knowing that I could find some of the best gear in the game. And yes, it's not fun finding alot of 50-59 items, but I still have a shot at getting the best gear, while still being a challange, which makes it that much more enjoying to play.

The game is all about farming for the best gear possible, and thus outgearing the content.
    It is not a fun feeling knowing that you HAVE to get to the next act to have the possibility of finding better gear. Since you don't gain any more levels past 60, you can't improve in power that way, it's all in the gear.

I really welcome, first of all, the changes in made in 1.0.3 and now the increased drop rates, as it will help everyone progress and feel OP, which is the core of the game.

As for longevity, it's about perfecting/min-maxing your gear, searching for that "perfect roll" so you can kill a pack 0,1 seconds faster. Atleast that was the core of D2.

I look forward to months, if not years, of farming so I can faceroll all of A3/4 one day.

yes but you dont need that much to clear inferno anymore. thats the point. if they increased the drop rates OR nerfed (not overnerf) inferno, it'd probably be fine. Now you need alot less gear and everything's cheaper, how much cheaper? look at the drop rates. it has doubled. statistically, the one item i would find pre-hotfix would now be 2 items (and they don't necessarily have to be good, but you clearly see the difference in the probability of finding good gear)

Maybe the reason Inferno was that hard before was to force those broken skill/builds/strats out into the open so they could be fixed. People will do whatever it takes if you push them to their limits.

But I think right now, they're probably nerfing it to up the build diversity a bit. I've seen a lot more diversity since the drop rate tweaks and the difficulty nerf. People were complaining about how everyone was using the same skillset and stats, so I think it was a move in the right direction.

Then again, I think the whole Inferno concept was a major failure. But that's another story.
    If you're truely dedicated, OP, you stick with the game and accept any patch/update to the game, regardless of any opinion towards the change(s).

Right? Or is it just me who feels this way?
    - Or did I misunderstand the word "dedicated"; hence English isn't my native language?
    Quote from Zero(pS)

But I think right now, they're probably nerfing it to up the build diversity a bit. I've seen a lot more diversity since the drop rate tweaks and the difficulty nerf. People were complaining about how everyone was using the same skillset and stats, so I think it was a move in the right direction.

That's a really boring way to make other builds viable. The pre-1.0.3 builds are the same as they are now (minus the few super-OP nerfs) so you'll still pick the better ones. Hopefully 1.0.4 makes the skills viable on their own merit and not because the mode is easier and this allows you to pick almost anything you want.
    Is the hotfix deployed on the Europe platform? The info is nowhere to be seen on French forum, no news on the launcher (appart a maintenance in 2 hours) ...
    The hotfix won't be applied until the servers restart.
    all i can say is, stop being a nolifer and get used to people that play for max 4 hours a day!
    im a noliferand that play more than that but thats just me! go trolls!
    Hotfix + 1.0.3 = much better game than a month ago. Stop complaining about every damn tweak.
    BurningRope#1322
    there's a lot of people who will be needing gear and the prices on good stuff is out of control. even with this change it's still gonna be tough for everyone to find or afford the best drops. the game will still easily last until the first expansion.

also consider that many players will play multiple characters and perhaps have multiple builds that they want to build a gear set for. so not only will there be more demand as additional players hit 60 and inferno (remember the vast majority of players aren't in inferno yet), but veteran players will still have a high demand for gear even when their main is suited up nicely.
    my 2 cents, the increase in drop rate didnt seem THAT MUCH, in fact, it was probably just right, i dont want everyone in the game to have all of the best items as soon as they set foot in inferno either, but i dont think thats the case, go farm for 8 hours and tell us how much good loot you found if you think its too easy now
    just saying.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes