best class atm ( not too hard to level

hey i was thinking what the best class are after the nerfs in 1.0.3
    it should not be to hard to level

i am new to the game
    Any class is easy to level.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    If you're new to this game and genre I'd suggest a melee character to start so you won't have to kite things around. Your DPS as melee won't be as high as ranged though, especially later in the game. If you want to try out some kiting but still have a backup plan Witch Doctor has some pets to help distract.
    go ranged. barbs are the "best" imo but the gear required is quite insane and lvling is a pain so go for wizard or dh probably
    I second the melee character, especially Barbarian, for levelling.
    Ranged chars are very squishy in later difficulties and unless you master the kiting, avoidence route, you will die a lot.

If you manage to keep your chars weapons up to date and concentrate on your primary stat (Barb= STR, Monk and DH = DEX, WD and Wiz = INT) with Vit on your gear you should do ok
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    people always say barbarian for ''easy' class in most RPGs, because casters die easy, but if you want to blow @#$$@# up go wizard, you just have to not get hit is all, dont get surrounded, so whichever one of those sounds easier to you,
    Barbarian is definitely the best class from 1-59 and is fairly simple.

At 60, things get more complicated and it really isn't clear which class is "best" atm. Ranged classes do usually require less gear though.
    Quote from Simca

Barbarian is definitely the best class from 1-59 and is fairly simple.

At 60, things get more complicated and it really isn't clear which class is "best" atm. Ranged classes do usually require less gear though.

had a much easier time with a twinked monk lvling compared to twinked barb
    okay i will try to level all of the class to 10 and then see what is the funniest

but if any other got some other input i would really appreciate it
    dont go wd. not saying hese not good, but if your new in my opinion he '' plays weird''
    on the other hand he has good CC ( crowd control) does anyone want to put in their 2 cents on this?

sorry im not helping much am i?
    I have a WD at 60 and I enjoyed it. You have to learn how to kite a lot but it isn't that bad. Tried a monk to about 10 and really enjoyed it and my brother has a 60 barb, he swears by that class. I think it varies on your play style. You have 2 melee and 3 ranged. They all have a different feel, that is for sure. One thing that attracted me to the monk later on is his/her ability to heal with certain runed skills.

I would do what you stated a bit above, try each to 10 (although skills and play styles really shine through after 45-ish) and get a good feel for each.
    I leveled every classes to 60.
    I'd say, I had the easiest time leveling with monk, then demon hunter, barb , wizard* and last witch doctor.

Also don't hesitate to save some money to buy some stuff at the auction house.
    -lv 15 buy one weapon with a socket and a flawless square ruby
    -lv 30-32 search for lv 35 weapon with "reduce required level" attribute
    - and around lv 47-48 you should be able to buy and equip some lv 60 required weapon which will be a great boost

*I'm not sure for wizard since it was my starting class
    Monks are definitely the easiest to level imo. Using only the money I got while leveling, I was able to gear up my monk every 10 levels and get her to 60 in 2 days. It was very fun too.
    okay thanks everybody
    Play what you enjoy, not what others tell you is OP :)
    Quote from Lanthazer

I leveled every classes to 60.
    I'd say, I had the easiest time leveling with monk, then demon hunter, barb , wizard* and last witch doctor.

Also don't hesitate to save some money to buy some stuff at the auction house.
    -lv 15 buy one weapon with a socket and a flawless square ruby
    -lv 30-32 search for lv 35 weapon with "reduce required level" attribute
    - and around lv 47-48 you should be able to buy and equip some lv 60 required weapon which will be a great boost

*I'm not sure for wizard since it was my starting class

wizard second to last seriously? maybe you just suck with him :P
    For me, WD was easiest until 60, then it became a gear check. But still not that bad. Very mobile.
    generally, all classes are fine - so play whatever you like (and don't listen to haters stating "x is baaad" ;) )

for leveling purposes, the meleeclasses seemed to be getting easier through hell.
    though starting in inferno is much much easier with a ranged class, because you have to farm a lot less beforehand.

imagine it like this: melee classes need to go toe to toe, if they dont have equip, they just die. you are restricted by your gear - if you cant survive them, you cant kill them. if you can, it's easy and you will smash everything :)
    ranged classes tend to just be easier with more equipment but you can also kill stuff with less gear - there is basically no "restriction" there.

btw: i love my monk ;) but i see a small edge on ranged classes in inferno.
    play what you like :) and grouping makes everything easier and more fun =)
    Barb tank :)
    Someone said WD is the worst leveling class?

Well i dont know it was pretty easy to me and when i hit 54 with garbage gear ( was my first toon in the first week of release no AH gear ) i was able to faceroll hell with zombie bears .

Leveling is easy with any class . I think the important thing is how they do in inferno .

Barb : Do good but very gear dependant .
    Monk : Pretty much the same as barb but even more gear dependant .
    Dh : glass canon can do high damage but die easy .
    Wizard : The class i play , you can either go glass canon or tank with low dps . I was able to do act3-4 including all rare pack with 1200 all resis 10k armor 20k dps .
    WD : I think its the worst at soloing because they are weak ( even with all resis aand decent armor ) and the only viable attack spell past act1 is dart . But WD is very good at crowd control and is excelent with a glass canon wiz or a DH .

My opinion!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes