Who did we even save from the Spider Queen?

So was she? why were we even there? She kinda looks like the mystic, the third artisan. Was she the mystic that was later removed from the game?

The game feels so unfinished to me because of things like this.

Not just a very bad story and bad story telling. But also incomplete and making no sense.
    Yes, she's the mystic. She's still around because she might be added in in an expansion. Considering she was removed pretty late it would have been a LOT of work to completely remove her.

Stop complaining to just complain as your complaints make no sense. How does it damage the story that she's only around for a short period. She plays her role (stealing the staff) and that's that. There's nothing"incomplete" about her at all.

Yes, she's the mystic. She's still around because she might be added in in an expansion. Considering she was removed pretty late it would have been a LOT of work to completely remove her.

Stop complaining to just complain as your complaints make no sense. How does it damage the story that she's only around for a short period. She plays her role (stealing the staff) and that's that. There's nothing"incomplete" about her at all.

You sound a bit tense. Why don't you breath for a second. I'm only saying this game's play through lacks sense in my eyes.

You sound a bit tense. Why don't you breath for a second. I'm only saying this game's play through lacks sense in my eyes.

Explain why it lacks sense then, as ArcaneWeapon pretty much pointed out her role in the story so far.

Wait what. She stands there, tells you to try finding the staff she found that you may pass the Khazra (which ultimately makes no sense either? just kill the smegs) and she doesn't go back into New Tristam, she doesn't die, she just .. disappears? How is that for finished?

Wait what. She stands there, tells you to try finding the staff she found that you may pass the Khazra (which ultimately makes no sense either? just kill the smegs) and she doesn't go back into New Tristam, she doesn't die, she just .. disappears? How is that for finished?

And all those stranded vendors you find come back with you to town and don't just stay behind in the monster infested wastelands you journey through right?

Just because she shows up she HAS to be present in the rest of the story? You are aware of how many characters are only present for a brief time in this and pretty much ANY story right?

Here, how's this. Try pretending she DIDN'T exist. Does the story get better?

(The answer is no btw.)

Also, you don't give the staff to the khazra, they freak out when they see you have it and charge out to kill you. Pay attention to the damn story if you're going to try and complain about it.

We get the staff to make the Khazra open their gate. Secondly, must we see every character die to have the story be "finished"? Because in that case, I don't think I have ever played a game with a "finished" story. Ever.

And all those stranded vendors you find come back with you to town and don't just stay behind in the monster infested wastelands you journey through right?

Just because she shows up she HAS to be present in the rest of the story? You are aware of how many characters are only present for a brief time in this and pretty much ANY story right?

Here, how's this. Try pretending she DIDN'T exist. Does the story get better?

(The answer is no btw.)

Also, you don't give the staff to the khazra, they freak out when they see you have it and charge out to kill you. Pay attention to the damn story if you're going to try and complain about it.

You still sound frustrated lol!

So she got removed at a later stage in development and didn't bother to rewrite that part of the act. Doesn't sound like a finished game to me? what happened to the game being 'done when it's done'?

But to answer your post. No. We don't get to save some random npc from a boss monster and then not see that npc ever again. The random cave girl is the only one.

And to the pretending part.. Well if she didn't exist we wouldn't be in a spider cave killing a spider boss. So if they replaced it with something else then yes, it would make sense.
    You still sound frustrated lol!

So she got removed at a later stage in development and didn't bother to rewrite that part of the act. Doesn't sound like a finished game to me? what happened to the game being 'done when it's done'?

But to answer your post. No. We don't get to save some random npc from a boss monster and then not see that npc ever again. The random cave girl is the only one.

And to the pretending part.. Well if she didn't exist we wouldn't be in a spider cave killing a spider boss. So if they replaced it with something else then yes, it would make sense.

So she is not allowed to have a short appearence? Why?
    Ok, so depending on how we view this situation, her story may or may not be a finished product.

Does one story, that is or isn't finished make this game incomplete? It seems like people just point at part of the cake with less frosting and claim the cake is a fucking lie.
    The Butcher. Tagged onto the end of Act 1.

"Hey, guyz! Guyz! Guess what....the Buthcer lol! Remember him?! He was awesome, rite? So here he is, no introduction, no info, no backstory no relevance. But, guyz, THE BUTCHER!1one!111!'

Smacks of laziness, as does the Mystic. No hint of her existence before or mention of it after.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    Consider her a random victim we saved from an unfortunate end.

Yes, it occurs in a boss chamber. But hey, if you wanna think about it, saving all those captured villagers from Alcarnus from the Coven (lead by Magda) seems pointless too. I mean, we never see THEM again, and they are associated with a pretty big villain (who spans more than just a single location, but half of Act 1 and the start of Act 2). But hey, we don't see them again. Are you sure you know the whole story of what happened to them? Is this going to keep you up at night?

The character had previous other purposes that were removed due to the system involved being unwarranted to the game system for launch (not to mention, taking far too long, that we'd still likely not even HAVE a release date for Diablo 3 right now). We will likely see a new version of said game system, and her, return in the first expansion.
    This game poses some interesting questions, really. Why are towns built so close to spider queen lairs anyways? And why did King Leoric have to visit Tristram by wandering thru a spider cave? That's not very good kingdom planning, IMHO. And why is an old mill built next to haunted woods? Did that little gate really stop ghosts and ghouls from attacking it constantly? Why are farmers farming in a place called the "fields of misery" - doesn't sound like a good place to make a living if you ask me.

Knowing the events of D1, I'm not sure I would have built new Tristram so close to old Tristram, knowing that (at some point) it had a bunch of stairways that led to hell. Evil destroyed or not, I think I'd build my city a bit further away - you know, just to be safe.

If anything, the Siegebreaker is the boss that was stuck in at the last moment. He makes no sense where he's placed. Would have made more sense to stick in where Ghom is, and put Ghom where Siegebreaker is.

"Hey, guyz! Guyz! Guess what....the Buthcer lol! Remember him?! He was awesome, rite? So here he is, no introduction, no info, no backstory no relevance. But, guyz, THE BUTCHER!1one!111!'

Smacks of laziness, as does the Mystic. No hint of her existence before or mention of it after.

As to the Butcher... did you read the Lore entry after you kill him the first time? It is not a singular creature, but an entire demon caste.

To the Mystic being there... we stumble upon helpless person who isn't evil. We are a hero. What do we do? Yeah, thought so. Not everything needs justifiable points to make it work.

You could say the same about Leah's mom. She just popped into a red portal, vanished, and was never spoken about again.

It seems unfinished and lacking sense when you look at it with the information available that it was a feature that was only partially removed. If you don't know that, it's like any other flash in the pan NPC that's in the game. How bout Lieutenant Vachem? He just opens a gate and vanishes from the story. UNFINISHED!

P.S. I hate diablo 3, but your argument is just dumb.

You could say the same about Leah's mom. She just popped into a red portal, vanished, and was never spoken about again.

Obviously not defending his point or anything, but this was kinda left open for the expansion.

As to the Butcher... did you read the Lore entry after you kill him the first time? It is not a singular creature, but an entire demon caste.

Which I found a little strange. Went from being a unique mob to just a demon type....
    THE Butcher from D1 was an Overlord, iirc, and as such was already a from a specific caste.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    The Caldeum Inn is a big heavy populated place, yet no scene, encounter or anything. Also a bit strange...
    "What else do you do with dark and sinister forces but play with them?"
    The Caldeum Inn is a big heavy populated place, yet no scene, encounter or anything. Also a bit strange...

Yeah that is weird, actually. What's up with the Inn? Maybe something happens in there after you get all 16 pages of that journal?

So was she? why were we even there? She kinda looks like the mystic, the third artisan. Was she the mystic that was later removed from the game?

The game feels so unfinished to me because of things like this.

Not just a very bad story and bad story telling. But also incomplete and making no sense.

We saved a fat chick who, despite her begging to get the hell out of that cave, proceeds to walk ridiculously slow to the exit.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes