Kripp tips @Blizzard

Everyone should watch this video, really good.
    Let's share it and hopefully make someone from Blizzard see it!
    Kripp is the boss.
    Not bad. I always thought capping levels at 60 was a bad idea. Even if stats stopped at 60, they should have just allowed levels to keep going up even it it was just for "epeen" value. Or like Kripp suggests, special bonuses like faster TP cast time, more than 1 companion, etc.

I also agree that PvP without some sort of ranking and ladder system is totally worthless :/
    Terrible suggestions. If good gamers were better at making games without breaking them, they would be hired..
    I have no problem with his ideas - they are technically solid - But i do not like the fact that he simply presumes that everyone is in his seat or close to even clearing Inferno. Like, i basically just finished Inferno when 1.0.3 came out - and that's not a long time ago - So i cannot see why he is so desperate to call out "oh no people have nothing to do" - it's like he's perpetually just looking at him self as the center of facts. Which is about as flawed as facts get.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    I dislike posting this because I'm bumping... but I'm now pretty sure it's either him or a hired goon that goes onto every forum when he is doing something or releasing a video, making threads like these to pool viewers and generate ad money.

At least he's more respectable than Athene though.
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Quote from Plocer

Terrible suggestions. If good gamers were better at making games without breaking them, they would be hired..

You probably can't see these suggestions as good, cause you're still trying to progress in inferno. Those of us, who can clear it rather easily - there is nothing left to do. Why would I want to spend hours farming better items, if they serve no purpose, since I can clear the game anyway?

Yeah, we can do HC, and that's what I'm doing, but that's just not for everyone as he said.

Yes there will be PvP aswell, but if it server no purpose (climbing a PvP ladder) and thus winning or losing hardly matters at all, than it will feel pointless too after a while.

You wanna have incentives for getting better gear after clearing the game. You wanna use your gear for something meaningful, with bragging rights or some kind of sub-progress as a reward. The only endgame being getting items just for the sake of having them doesn't work in the long run.
    Quote from OneTwoSC

I dislike posting this because I'm bumping... but I'm now pretty sure it's either him or a hired goon that goes onto every forum when he is doing something or releasing a video, making threads like these to pool viewers and generate ad money.

At least he's more respectable than Athene though.
    Sure he likes money from playing the games and streaming etc, but he didnt make that video for the sake of money. He actually wants the game to get better.
    Like, i basically just finished Inferno when 1.0.3 came out - and that's not a long time ago - So i cannot see why he is so desperate to call out "oh no people have nothing to do" - it's like he's perpetually just looking at him self as the center of facts. Which is about as flawed as facts get.
    Yeah people have things to do now, but his point is that people will be there sooner or later in his position of 'nothing here to do', it may have not come across in the video but on the stream he specifically said he doesnt think most people are in his position, but everyone will be, pretty soon.
    He is definitive right. I dont want to roll a new Char because it would cost me again millions or lot of Cash, since i dont have the Chance to gather all needed items (not the top tier, i mean the decent stuff) in a reasonable amount of time.

But i would accept that fact, when there would be build diversity. Compared D2 to D3, D2 had more diversity in Builds. The Skillsystem (even if i like the way without trees) is not fun, because his values is static. The only way to increase the Skills effectivness is through Gear, that not implemented in the game in the current state. So want to make even profit with build diversity, like in WoW, and that personally hits me the most.
    Quote from Frozenkex

Yeah people have things to do now, but his point is that people will be there sooner or later in his position of 'nothing here to do', it may have not come across in the video but on the stream he specifically said he doesnt think most people are in his position, but everyone will be, pretty soon.
    Exactly.
    after watching this, all I got was
    Waah Waah I got fed items left right and center from viewers, Given gold. Now Im board.
    I Want PVP Nau. But I want people nerfed..
    Quote from GreenFlubber

He is definitive right. I dont want to roll a new Char because it would cost me again millions or lot of Cash, since i dont have the Chance to gather all needed items (not the top tier, i mean the decent stuff) in a reasonable amount of time.
    Huh? You don't want to roll an new character because you don't have a chance to gather items? Why not? If you don't want to buy items for gold or farm them, then what do you want exactly?

Quote from Sigma

Waah Waah I got fed items left right and center from viewers, Given gold. Now Im board.
    All I got from this was
    "Waaah waaah, I have plenty to do because I don't have time to play much and/or don't have the skill to be bored yet"
    See how baseless assumptions work? ;)
    I really like the ideas he comes up with for post-Inferno end game. 'Champsion Level' and 'PvP XP' ladders seem like there's something there.

However, I do agree with one of the posters above, Kripp does not speak for hte majority of players. However, he still comes up with some nice ideas for end game.

Atm I'm working through Act 3 Inferno and I'm actually a bit loathe to do too much as I don't want there to be no content left for me to beat. I know people will say there is HC or perfecting items or levelling and beating inferno with all chars BUT there will be no content left. Nothing harder to beat, nothing left to challenege you in SC. Maybe it's just me who doesn't want to feel like it's all ended
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    The PvP levels and Champion levels are brilliant!
    This in combination with the ladder, resetting each 6 months (WITHOUT resetting characters). Yeah, who wouldn't like that?

+1 to Kripp, such a shame he isnt on this forum.
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Makes me happy to see that its not only oceanic players that can see that oceanic players have terrible problems with latency and parts of the game simply are unavailable to us.
    some ppl may find kripp arrogant in a way but he said some doable things that blizzard could implement in the game in order to avoid the exodus of the players.

ive beaten inferno in two characters so far and ive been playing to finish the achievements. some are really lame (like leveling two chars of the same class) but others could be fun to do.

basicly, as is, the game is waiting for the pvp to come so the kids with a credit card could "win" in a "no point" combat.

i personally agree with kripp that this game, again, as is, wont stick around for much longer (and its been out for what? 40 days?).
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest"
    If you see through he's personality, and don't spend too much time judging him for who he is, or what he did, etc. You will see that his ideas are really good!

I am currently struggling through act 3. And I've gotta say it: I'm getting jaded about this game pretty fast. Don't get me wrong, I have played many games that have struggling farming involved. But D3 is lacking something.

This is some of my negative criticism of the game which could arguably be related to what Kripp is experiencing:

-The content, quests/areas/bosses/mobs all feel repetitive. Both from a playthrough and a visual standpoint.
    -There is no purpose in farming constantly. If I get all the top tier perfect items what is my reward?
    -The gearcheck on some bosses and specific zones is too obvious. Skill is not as important as gear.

I really want to like this game, trust me I do... But I am getting jaded. I barely want to play it anymore... I've already farmed Act 2 more than 50 times... I could complain also about drop rates, random drop rolls, and AH prices. But all those issues with itemization and AH would not matter if there was SOMETHING to DO with the gear we aquire.
    Ladder resets was the only reason Diablo 2 stayed fresh for that long. They need to implement it somehow.
    Quote from Sigma

i can tell someone doesnt watch his streams...

just so you know kripp farmed his gear with a group of close friends. they spent many nights just farming goblins all night long...

not saying he wasnt given a few items(which im sure he was), but the majority of his gear was from him and his buddies farming goblins all night long.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes