1.0.3 - Jay Wilson Effect 3

Quote from lorien1973

That's not possible. Diablo 3 at least has an ending that makes some sense.

lol I don't know man...that is pretty debatable. Seems to me like it was all just stories.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from masterkaran

Wow seriously all the crying over 1.0.3 has reached this forum too? Its bad enough that the official forums are littered with a bunch of immature kids spamming threads abusing the devs for a change they dont agree with.

They have to go somewhere after they are banned from the offical forums, they crave meme spouting mindless hipster hate, its all they have in thier sad empty little lives.

Not trying to promote hate at all...just poking fun a little bit at the exaggeration of the changes. I think the game is in a great spot and going in the right direction.
    (very, very, very lame) ^ 2

I still don't understand people who bitch about game that can pay for itself in 2 days.
    nice vid. d3 is going to have the same ending mass effect 3 did.
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from lorien1973

This right here.

I loved the ME3 ending, never understood why people disliked it so much, i thought it was better then the Diablo 3 ending.
    Quote from Nuvian

Quote from overneathe

Quote from lorien1973

This right here.

I loved the ME3 ending, never understood why people disliked it so much, i thought it was better then the Diablo 3 ending.

I really enjoyed the ending at first but after I played through it a couple times and thought about it a lot I just feel they left a lot of loose ends and didn't explain things enough. I think it is still a good ending but they had a lot of room for improvement.

I don't think I was fighting the reapers so that robot joker could make babies with robot EDI. But, hey. That's me. Also, the ending was poorly conceived. If you brought your 'lover' on the final mission; how did that person end up on the ship with Joker at the end?

It was the most unsatisfying ending I think I've ever seen in a game; and video games are notorious for miserable endings.
    this video is amazing !

A little bit too much.
    @Zeroedgeir

It was definitely a nerf and it was expected but not in the way they did it. Before patch 1.0.3 If you hit the "act 2 wall" then you just weren't geared enough or skilled enough.

What they did now is they made the game easy. They decided to not rebalance Classes and fix classes. They threw in the towel and just nerfed content over buffing and rebalancing classes. If you initially followed inferno, inferno was suppose to take months for casuals to finish. That just isn't required anymore.

Fun isn't beating inferno in 2 days. Fun is having a balance class and ability to play with all skills while the content is still challenging and finding loot in the harder difficulty more rewarding.
    For the ME3 posters:

http://www.ign.com/a...cription-leaked

I thought the ending was alright in kind of an 'ewok celebration' way, but left more questions that answers.

And to be fair, isn't all that different from D3's in that regard - Angels: "The victory's won! The War is over! The whole wide world is wreathed in clover!" Nephalem: "Uh, haven't you been telling us we needed to smash that soulstone or they'd be reborn? Why the Hell did you just toss him off the side of this tower? That was Leah's body, and her ghost's apparently already angry enough at me! Even if the Big 7 are gone, there's still an entire realm (not to mention Sanctuary) crawling with demons. Don't you think the Evils will just reform like they always have?" Tyrael: "... Time will tell. Ask me again in about a year and a half when the expansion is out."
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
    Quote from GreenWins

Quote from masterkaran

Wow seriously all the crying over 1.0.3 has reached this forum too? Its bad enough that the official forums are littered with a bunch of immature kids spamming threads abusing the devs for a change they dont agree with.

1.0.3 is pretty bad. I don't even have to energy to give you a full detailed reasons why, but to simply put the game isn't rewarding anymore.

Before 1.0.3 the game was a little more challenging and fast paced and finding loot in act3/4 was fun/rewarding. Now it's just slow paced, easy and farming for loot isn't as rewarding.

I've sold $600 worth of items and still have plenty of $250 items in stash, all found before 1.0.3. I also speed farmed 8-10 times an hour before patch. Now I have absolutely no motivation to farm. At most now I farm maybe 1-2 times an hour then just get bored. It's just isn't rewarding to farm anymore.

lmfao, this EXACTLY sums it up; You're mad because now the rest of the more casual player base can farm, and have an extremely small chance at finding awesome items.

Why isn't it rewarding to farm anymore? Is it because you know other people are able to farm too? This literally brings me back to people complaining about the skill system, and how they were worried about 'other players' being able to swap when they felt like it. It's a control issue, and you liked being in control, mindlessly farming 5 stacks to SB in act 3 over and over, while the majority of the player base didn't roll a class with broken (at the time) skills and therefore weren't able to progress.

But now! Zomg! More and more people are progressing! They're finding awesome items! You're no longer unique!!!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from GreenWins

Quote from masterkaran

1.0.3 is pretty bad. I don't even have to energy to give you a full detailed reasons why, but to simply put the game isn't rewarding anymore.

Before 1.0.3 the game was a little more challenging and fast paced and finding loot in act3/4 was fun/rewarding. Now it's just slow paced, easy and farming for loot isn't as rewarding.

I've sold $600 worth of items and still have plenty of $250 items in stash, all found before 1.0.3. I also speed farmed 8-10 times an hour before patch. Now I have absolutely no motivation to farm. At most now I farm maybe 1-2 times an hour then just get bored. It's just isn't rewarding to farm anymore.

lmfao, this EXACTLY sums it up; You're mad because now the rest of the more casual player base can farm, and have an extremely small chance at finding awesome items.

Why isn't it rewarding to farm anymore? Is it because you know other people are able to farm too? This literally brings me back to people complaining about the skill system, and how they were worried about 'other players' being able to swap when they felt like it. It's a control issue, and you liked being in control, mindlessly farming 5 stacks to SB in act 3 over and over, while the majority of the player base didn't roll a class with broken (at the time) skills and therefore weren't able to progress.

But now! Zomg! More and more people are progressing! They're finding awesome items! You're no longer unique!!!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

actually he is complaining that before it was slightly challenging and fun. but since they nerfed it, its not a challenging experience, and as a result is no longer fun.

Way to have 0 fucking reading comprehension.
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    for he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    shall be my brother..."
    @bleu42

You clearly didn't read my follow up post.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Zubacz

Very, very lame.

I'll raise you one "very"

very, very, very lame.

The patch was smart and well executed. Maybe a little harsh on the coin, but it sounds like the devs hear us and plan on reeling back some of the cost.

All the conspiracies about Blizz trying to funnel people into the RMAH fail when you realize that 1.0.3 kept the value of gold intact, which keeps the GAH alive and well. Had they not added a heavy gold sink, the value of gold would have dissipated altogether and the GAH would've become obsolete.

You forgot the part where people will be able to sell gold on RMAH soon, that is the real reason why Blizzard had to increase the value of gold.
    Quote from GreenWins

Stuff about 1.0.3 being nerfed

How is it less rewarding to get MORE good stuff. And the only "nerf" to loot, is possibly that you char is already geared/that you cannot sell stuff for insane prices on RMAH or that IAS just doesn't buff your DPS to millliiiiions.

But anywho - You are a minority.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    @doorsfan

You definitely get more good stuff, but getting it by doing less challenging content. If you find that rewarding then yaya!
    Also you clearly didn't read my second post.

I'll make it simple for you.

Nerfing content is bad.
    Buffing classes to make them balance is good.

What they needed to do was
    Balance class and kept inferno the same.
    Quote from GreenWins

@doorsfan

You definitely get more good stuff, but getting it by doing less challenging content. If you find that rewarding then yaya!
    Also you clearly didn't read my second post.

I'll make it simple for you.

Nerfing content is bad.
    Buffing classes to make them balance is good.

What they needed to do was
    Balance class and kept inferno the same.

I think overall it was done pretty well. I think they trivialized the content for anyone who built defensive at all and I think if they were going to do that they should of waited...I think the item drop change was enough and they should of waited to do future nerfs until they saw the results of that change.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes