Patch 1.0.3 undocumented changes

Quote from Miatschi

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Syphilicious

The rare pack that spawned outside the entrance to the Ancient Waterway in Dahlgur Oasis has been replaced with a single unique monster that drops lower quality (white) loot.

Same as the goblins, no static spawn champ/boss packs either. At least not close to a waypoint. I see more random Resplendent Chests now, too.

so the a2 goblin is also gone?

I wouldn't be at all surprised, but I don't check that type of thing.
    undocumentet changes:

DH discipline regen speed... it was 2 a sec, its now 1 a sec. i am starving whit discipline more now
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    * The DH bug where the Sharpshooter crit buff would reset every time you moved something in your inventory has been fixed.
    You now have to zone into the Weeping Hallows at the Northwest Gates of New Tristram. This is to prevent griefers bringing champion packs back into town to kill unsuspecting players.
    Not sure if it was documented in the patch notes but you only get 810 gold for the tyriel quest after killing the butcher now rather than 3200 that you got before the patch.
    Quote from Nivius

undocumentet changes:

DH discipline regen speed... it was 2 a sec, its now 1 a sec. i am starving whit discipline more now

Eh? The base regen was always 1/sec... Perhaps you had something which boosted it? The base regen rate hasn't changed tho.
    the day of the patch i started farming, and noticed the huge repair costs, i went from about 6-7k red, to now 18k+. However i played all day yesterday and today, and noticed something. Despite paying 18k repairs, multiple times (i'm a dh) i still somehow made profit in gold made, i tested it a few times, it seems that despite them nerfing all breakables for gold, that they increased gold overall from mobs to compensate, maybe internally they just never said anything

i cant be 100% sure, but take it as a grain of salt, but for me, i am finding i am getting more gold overall just by playing and doing champ runs than i did a few days ago, i used to barely get any gold, or decent amount, i started doing champ runs patch day, and even with new repairs, i'm coming out ahead, and i didnt used to prior

it could be that i am doing different runs now, more areas, but i just seem to be getting a bit more gold from drops in act 1 inferno at least, its all random, but the piles seem bigger, and i dont run gold find gear, in my full dps gear, i just have been getting more gold, not sure how we could prove/test it but pay attention to gold income since patch, i personally think its been improved somehow/someway, the piles seem bigger from kills, like a bigger mininum amount maybe.
    Quote from NevikJames

You now have to zone into the Weeping Hallows at the Northwest Gates of New Tristram. This is to prevent griefers bringing champion packs back into town to kill unsuspecting players.

Was in the patch notes.
    Quote from mavfin

Quote from Miatschi

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Syphilicious

The rare pack that spawned outside the entrance to the Ancient Waterway in Dahlgur Oasis has been replaced with a single unique monster that drops lower quality (white) loot.

Same as the goblins, no static spawn champ/boss packs either. At least not close to a waypoint. I see more random Resplendent Chests now, too.

Act 2 goblin still spawns in Ancient Path
    Quote from mavfin

Quote from NevikJames

Was in the patch notes.

Oops. Must have missed that one. My apologies.
    Quote from Balrog

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Miatschi

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Syphilicious

can confirm this, spawns as often as usual and everyone can farm lvl63 gear without having to kill any monster except of the treasure goblin...awesome...not
    Quote from MediumMug

Quote from Balrog

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Miatschi

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Syphilicious

can confirm this, spawns as often as usual and everyone can farm lvl63 gear without having to kill any monster except of the treasure goblin...awesome...not

if u have the gear to progress to this point, or have a friend who got the wp, and then u need the gear to kill the goblin, if u have none of that, u are stuck in a1.

edit: in hc at least.
    Rodger the Alchemist that spawns sometimes just before entering the Caverns of Araneae north of Wortham Village does no longer sell Mythical Health Potions at all. He used to sell them for a 50% discount, but now he seems to have removed them all together.
    "Diablo III is not World of Warcraft."
    Bashiok - http://us.battle.net...c/6019511928#17
    The affixes on the Search function of the AH are not ordered alphabetically now. Instead, there are categories like "Attributes" and below listed affixes like "Strenght, Vitality...", p.e.
    Quote from Mac_an_tSaoir

http://www.diablofan...051#entry951051

^
    "add to the list if you have noticed any nerfs to any of your farm routes!

So in the halls of Agony in Act 1 inferno, there were 3 dark summoners that formed a triangle, and a mob called a dark vessel that was in the middle. If you left them alone for about 10 seconds but stayed within aggro proximity the dark vessel would morph into a champion unholy thrall. This no longer occurs, the dark vessel just morphs into a normal mob. This was a great little farming extra as it only spawned 1 champion, and would drop as if you killed a pack. I would get around 3 avg per run. This was a great addition to my Exquisite Essence/tear farming route.

Now it's dust in the wind!"

This is very true and it makes me sad ALSO.... =(
    Quote from Darkrealmx

Quote from sny83
    • Monsters
      • Elite packs heal all damage taken much sooner than before when not engaged combat (tested in Act II, Inferno)

Just to Elaborate on this. It seems that the timer is somewhere around 10 seconds, but I did notice up to 12 on occasions.

I've always noticed that Elite packs reset their HP after 10 seconds of inactivity IF you have ANY NV stacks. Without any stacks, they take much longer to regen to 100% health. Maybe people just didn't realize this? I've realized this a couple of weeks ago.
    Armored Destroyer champs could spawn in A4 prior to patch as well.
    Quote from name="Bashiok" »

End game solutions
    We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft.
    Not that this is a change, probably a mistake. Also noticed today that my FPS (frame rate) stays at '0' all the time. I am on a mac.
    I don't believe nobody has said anything about this yet !!

Monks now properly use all weapons in their attack animations ! finally ! :D (no more fists with the weapon sitting idly on your back)
    Quote from Rainbowdash

Armored Destroyer champs could spawn in A4 prior to patch as well.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering whether this claim was legit (I recalled fighting one myself prior to 1.0.3), but decided to include it in the list as I had no time to test it yesterday. I'm removing it now.

Keep them coming, folks!

P.S.: if your suggestion didn't make the list it's either in the official patch notes or in the official 1.0.3 bug list in some way, an obvious bug and not a change per se, or untested/completely false.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes