Patch 1.0.3 undocumented changes

Hello everyone,

After only a couple of hours of game time into the new patch, I noticed a couple of changes that weren't featured in the official patch notes. I think it would be a good idea to keep each other informed of such changes, so I'm making this thread in the hope that people will add their own observations, somewhat allevieting the tedium of discovering an unpleasant change by walking right into it. Please keep the following to things in mind when posting:
    1. This is meant to be an informative and unbiased compilation, so praise or dissatisfaction concerning any of the changes should go into a different thread. Cold, hard facts go here, opinions go elsewhere.

2. Try to keep rumours down to a minimum. Only post something you're absolutely sure of (and have preferably tested a couple of times).
    Without further ado, the list of undocumented changes found by the Diablofans community:
    • General
      • The Last Stand of the Ancients event in the Festering Woods no longer spawns every game, and now has multiple positions in which it can appear throughout the zone
      • Monks now properly use all weapons in their attack animations
      • The gold reward from multiple quests has been reduced
      • There appears to be a very short (~0.1 second) global cooldown when using any skill (unconfirmed)
      • The Resplendent Chest that can spawn as one of the possible outcomes for the Wheel of Misfortune event in the Desolate Sands has been replaced by a normal chest
    • Items
      • The 4-piece bonus for the Natalya's Wrath set now grants +2 discipline regeneration per second, up from +0.42
    • Skills
      • Barbarian
        • Ancient Spear can no longer prevent Treasure Goblins from entering their portal
      • Demon Hunter
        • Evasive Fire no longer hits enemies or objects behind walls created by Waller elites or sand doors in the zones of Zoltun Kulle's Archives
    • Bosses
      • Zoltun Kulle teleports to the player every ~10 seconds if the player is more than half a screen away and instantly throws a fireball (this was mentioned in the official patch notes, but with "occasionally" as opposed to the exact frequency, and with no mention of the instant fireball)
    • Monsters
      • The Vortex ability on elites now has an increased range, similar to that of the maximum range of Mortar post-patch
      • Elite packs heal all damage taken much sooner than before when not engaged combat (tested in Act II, Inferno)
      • Dark Summoners in the Halls of Agony (Act I) will now summon a normal Unholy Thrall as opposed to a champion one when left alone to complete their ritual
      • The rare pack that spawned outside the entrance to the Ancient Waterway in Dahlgur Oasis has been replaced with a single unique monster
      • Monster spawns in Highlands Crossing have been changed so that previously safe areas can now be populated by monsters
      • Upon crossing the first bridge in Highlands Crossing, two Dark Berserkers are summoned
    • NPCs
      • Rodger the Alchemist is no longer guaranteed to sell health potions (to be confirmed for difficulties other than Inferno)
      • Radek the Fence appears much less often in Highlands Crossing
      • Kyr the Weaponsmith no longer appears in Highlands Crossing (unconfirmed, needs many runs to prove)
    • Chat
      • If you send a private message to someone and he replies, you no longer automatically enter reply mode (/r) after hitting Enter
      • The channel text colour has changed from teal to light beige
      • The game messages text colour (e.g. game joins/leaves, toggling loot display on the ground, salvage results, etc.) has changed from light beige to yellow
      • If a player playing a Battle.net game other than Diablo III comes online, the message that appears in the chat window now prefixes their name with the icon of the game (i.e. World of Warcraft)
      • It is no longer possible to send messages to party chat when not in a game (possibly a bug fix?)
    • Auction House
      • The Auctions and Completed tabs of the AH user interface now show (enclosed in brackets) the number of auctions in progress and completed, respectively
      • The item quality filter dropdown menu in the AH search interface now has colour-coded elements (i.e. blue text for magic, yellow for rare, etc.)
      • For weapons that have a gem socketed, the item tooltip in the AH user interface now shows the calculated DPS (as mentioned the official patch notes) but when searching for an item, the DPS column of the result table shows the raw weapon DPS
    • Bug fixes
      • Zoltun Kulle no longer appears/talks as the player approaches the shadow locks in Unknown Depths and Storm Halls if he has been killed already
      • The Villager's Journal lore item can now be found in an Old Keepsake Box in The Old Ruins
      • The bonus to critical hit chance granted by the Sharpshooter passive no longer resets when moving items around in the inventory
    Quote from sny83

• Monsters
      • Elite packs heal all damage taken much sooner than before when not engaged combat (tested in Act II, Inferno)

Just to Elaborate on this. It seems that the timer is somewhere around 10 seconds, but I did notice up to 12 on occasions.
    Good info.

Zombie Bears is bugged with the new patch... you could add this to the list. Specifically, the pathing is messed up.
    I dont know if it is just me, but pre patch i could talk in party chat eventhough i wasnt in a party. I cant do that anymore.
    Personally i used the party chat to check what i had sold on the AH.(shift click the money icon to get a link to the sold item. Its pretty nice when you cant remember the stats on the sold item.)
    I noticed the quick healing of packs as well. It used to be in single player you could go to town to reset the enrage and still be back down before they healed. I wasn't able to do that anymore. Good list, thanks.
    • I don't know exact english names, but the Putrscent Forest (act1) doesn't have anymore a 100% spawn rate of the hill event, this mean you can't go there and get x5 Nephilim every time. Spawn % of the event are still high anyway.
    • Got a rare pack from one of those armored mobs falling from skies in early Act4, first time I've seen this, so I guess now rares/champions may spawn in many other way, not just standing there and waiting for your pewpew.
    Its just a collection of bits and bytes programmed to introduce hope in an otherwise worthless environment.
    the hp of elite packs were already resetting after exactly 10 secs from act 3 on pre-patch. I think they just made it for act 2 (1?) also now.
    The AH tooltip now shows the calculated DPS (as in the patch notes) but the table-column "DPS" shows the weapon raw DPS. I actually like this and hope it stays.
    Quote from Ruppgu

Good info.

Zombie Bears is bugged with the new patch... you could add this to the list. Specifically, the pathing is messed up.

Thats not unofficial though, its on the official bug list.
    Thanks to everyone who contributed! Here's hoping more interesting tidbits will show up. I've made additions and updated the list based on your feedback so far. Keep in mind that this isn't really about bugs, rather changes, although sometimes it's impossible to tell just by looking at a change. I'll try to include changes that might be bugs, but obvious bugs will not be added to the list. Perhaps someone out there will make a consolidated bugs thread instead? ;)
    Uniques (purple mobs) that aren't bosses usually don't drop loot anymore. I think this may only apply to the ones that always spawn in the same place in certain areas, like at the entrance to the Waterlogged passage in Act 2 (used to be a rare, yellow, now changed to unique that drops nothing).
    Barbarian - Garland#1315
    Quote from Suiram25

the hp of elite packs were already resetting after exactly 10 secs from act 3 on pre-patch. I think they just made it for act 2 (1?) also now.

The reset time still seems to pretain to the same conditions as it did pre patch but with 1 sec or 2 chopped off...

mobs reset when you are;

Dead

Out of Zone

Within range but not engaging (1 1/2 screens away usually, no combat or agro initiated)

for about 8-10secs now before being about 10-12secs.

And ofcourse they heal while not in combat already, so if you take long to get back either way it wont be saved for you...but im suprised at how many people dont know that long run back doesnt mean reset mobs...especially if you had tyreal keeping them in combat during your rez wait.

PS: tested by simply running up, dumping a hatred bar, and then stopwatching the reset times. forgot to go in naked the first few too, then I saw the new repairs @_@
    damage from the demon hunter skill rune lightning ball (part of elemental arrow) has been reduced

- they probably added this last minute after nerfing the similar skill nether tentacles
    Blizzard used to care about releasing Diablo III, then they all took an arrow in the knee...
    http://www.diablofan...051#entry951051

^
    "add to the list if you have noticed any nerfs to any of your farm routes!

So in the halls of Agony in Act 1 inferno, there were 3 dark summoners that formed a triangle, and a mob called a dark vessel that was in the middle. If you left them alone for about 10 seconds but stayed within aggro proximity the dark vessel would morph into a champion unholy thrall. This no longer occurs, the dark vessel just morphs into a normal mob. This was a great little farming extra as it only spawned 1 champion, and would drop as if you killed a pack. I would get around 3 avg per run. This was a great addition to my Exquisite Essence/tear farming route.

Now it's dust in the wind!"
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    for he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    shall be my brother..."
    In the one of the auction house search filter where you can select the quality of the item (rare, legendary etc.), now the color of the text is the color of that quality ("rare" is yellow etc.)
    they removed the a1 goblin in the cellar at the old ruins.
    Quote from Miatschi

they removed the a1 goblin in the cellar at the old ruins.

I think they removed pretty much every static goblin spawn and now they're pretty much randomized through the world.
    The rare pack that spawned outside the entrance to the Ancient Waterway in Dahlgur Oasis has been replaced with a single unique monster that drops lower quality (white) loot.
    Quote from Syphilicious

The rare pack that spawned outside the entrance to the Ancient Waterway in Dahlgur Oasis has been replaced with a single unique monster that drops lower quality (white) loot.

Same as the goblins, no static spawn champ/boss packs either. At least not close to a waypoint. I see more random Resplendent Chests now, too.
    Quote from mavfin

Quote from Syphilicious

Same as the goblins, no static spawn champ/boss packs either. At least not close to a waypoint. I see more random Resplendent Chests now, too.

so the a2 goblin is also gone?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes