D3 build rating/comparison website

Hello,

I have been toying with the idea of building a website where users can post builds which are then rated by other users based on things such as cost, effectiveness, fun etc and thought I would post in here to see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions. Also just to check if anyone else has done / is already doing the same thing.

I would be interested in hearing ideas about what people think builds should be rated on, whether or not you think gear should be included or just stat goals etc - ideally I think it should be easy for people to post their builds without needing a bunch of screenshots and a novel length write-up. It would be great to know if you found anything to be helpful or useless in a build post.

Anyway any input would be greatly appreciated.
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
    Twitter: @FreddyBushBoy
    Seems nice.

For me to be interested, should contain a brief explanation (with max number of words possibly) about the goal of the build, a simple yet effective way to visualize the skills/runes and minimum stats to make it work.
    The builds would then be rated on effectiveness, creativity and viability.

Well... my 2 cents
    oooo yeah creativity and viablilty are really good - will use those for sure. I definitely think there needs to be a character limit to keep things tidy and succinct too.
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
    If Inferno was more flexible to allow varying builds, I would think your idea would be pretty good. But for now, there are just too many mandatory skills and passives that make most builds very similar.
    Yeah that's a fair point - they are certainly looking at fixing that soon (the next patch even) so hopefully that will help. I suppose that is where the 'viability' comes in to it - people may want to use a build that is fun and cheap while levelling so I still see value in having those builds on the site.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes