Is diablo 3 a good game? Compare?

Poll: Did diablo 3 fill you expectations after all these years?

D3 vs D2?

Did diablo 3 fill you expectations after all these years? - Single Choice

• It did not fill my expectations and it was a horrible game. 7.2%
  • It did not fill my expectations and it was a bad game. 10.8%
  • It did not exactly fill my expectations but it was good. 38.7%
  • It filled my expectations. 43.2%

Poll: What did you mostly miss from D2, which D3 didn't have?

D3 vs D2?

What did you mostly miss from D2, which D3 didn't have? - Single Choice

• Other. 20%
  • Runewords. 11.8%
  • Nothing. 33.6%
  • How Blizzard took the game more seriously, and let pro's develope it? 16.4%
  • The TP and Identify scrolls/tomes! 1.8%
  • How i could spend my own skills each level. 8.2%
  • How i could spend my own stats each level. 8.2%

Poll: Was Diablo 2 better? (Vote only if you have played it)

D3 vs D2?

Was Diablo 2 better? (Vote only if you have played it) - Single Choice

• Can't vote, didn't play D2. 7.4%
  • Diablo 3 is alot better. 22.2%
  • Diablo 3 is a bit better. 13.9%
  • They were equally as good. 17.6%
  • Diablo 2 was better. 25.9%
  • Diablo 2 was MUCH better. 13%
    Greetings there!
    As much crap as i have heard from people loving and hating D3, i want to find out what the majority here thinks! Please vote and doooo explain why!
    the game is fun. its worth sixty bucks. its addicting, but its basically an elaborate RLAH beta test. it is not a worthy successor to diablo II. commercially - a very borat 'great success!' - critically (especially after that mass hardcore die-off last night), its pretty bad.

the public at large is pretty much in agreement. my summary for my friends is 'this game sucks, but i can't stop playing it.'

blizz pulled out all the stops to make a habit forming hamster gerbil korea keke farming game for the masses. they did a hell of a job!!

think about it:
    -COMPLETELY random loot system, its the lottery, or atlantic city sans the overpriced booze.
    -about half of my 110 hours were spent refreshing the auction house.
    -KOREA FARM MANY ITEM. DONT STOP KEEP FARM. THINK FFXI AND FARM! U FARM NAO.
    -disasterous launch (even for A-B with their notorious launch history) with lag and ah issues, duping, scamming, the whole nine yards.
    -no endgame except UFARMNOW
    -no PvP?? what year is it?!
    -the game runs terribly on even decent systems.

i hate it. i hate myself for liking it. i can't stop playing it. queue queue
    You have no choice for the second question for 'I don't miss any of that'
    and I have to pick one to vote. And I don't miss any of that, and your last choice for question 2 is borderline insulting and sets the tone of the entire survey.
    What a silly topic considering the forums you post this on is called "DiabloFans".

Only a troll would post on diablofans, when they are actually a diablohater.
    Hehe yeh its pretty addicting, but still it was too much hype, and then blizzard delayed it for so long that when it finally got released everyone was so hyped up and happy and had like, the HIGHEST expectations of the game, due to the delay and all the video teasers etc, and i think tbh that is why it did not fill up our expectations. Just too much hype and waiting time honestly. The gameplay im playing right now i saw in the video of 2008 when blizzard released a video of them fighting the siegebreaker and etc.
    How can it be 2012 and the game looks worse than the 2008 video - it makes me think tbh that something must have gone way wrong, and since in the 2008 video they showed us pretty many skills and enemies and effects etc, the game looked almost like ready. Its 4 years later, and after watching that video it makes me think they started to create the game like 2004 or something and still it's this much of a failiure :/ if it just got released at around 2008, it wouldn't have had these high expectations.
    Quote from Greavers

Hehe yeh its pretty addicting, but still it was too much hype

i think the blizzard Hype Machine release model will see some changes for Titan because of D3. the way they handled the community with their 'take everything personally' emo CM's was tough to read through sometimes. trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. i guess they didn't learn from Eyonix....

sad thing is... we were all (mistakenly) looking for that massively immersive MMO feeling from Diablo, since there are no decent new MMos out right now. but diablo isn't an MMO, its just diablo. the same basic shit we played 10 years ago. the secret world sucked, so everyone cancelled that pre-order to play diablo. MoP is taking a lot of shit for being unimaginitive and boring. ultima online is 15 years old and there aren't any new progression servers for EQ classic right now. what else is there? tera? there just ain't shit to do, so its BRB summer or Diablo III.

we're all being held over until the next Big One. D3 fills that niche. it sucks, but its keeping me occupied on my weeknights and i'm having fun with my friends in inferno. i'm disappointed with the game, but itll have to do =P
    i have to vote on 3rd question even though i havent played D2 and question nr. 2 is missing some options aswell so overall i didnt vote at all

i think the game is good, there are some bad things in it but hopefully some will be resolved very soon

overall it has big potential to become a great game, we just need to give it some time :)
    What did you mostly miss from D2, which D3 didn't have?

I couldn't vote because I cannot answer this question with the answers provided. In the future, when making subjective polls, it's always best to add an "other/will explain" option.

What I missed most was rune words and over-powered items.

It would've been nice to see how RW's worked out with dupes kept mostly out. As well, OP items would help prevent nerfs of enemies and areas.

Honestly it was hard to answer any of the questions because of the narrow, biased answers provided.

All in all, I love this game and it has tremendous potential but as it currently sits, it's hard to give it the nod over D2 quite yet. I predict history will hold D3 in higher regard in compare to D2.
    BurningRope#1322
    Well we will see later, but for now, D2 is better and was better in its own time than D3 feels at the current moment.
    I said countless times that D3 had a pretty good chance of being Blizzard first fail (and was flamed to hell for it), that said, D3 is not all bad, but it's not good either, and it's far from great.

Diablo 3 is just decent, and by Blizzard standards that's a fail.
    Quote from ErU

Get real, folks, the diablo you all knew is dead, a few years ago i said right here in this forum that D3 had a pretty good chance of being blizzard first bust (i was flamed to death ofc), and what you know, its not even beta and its already looking that way.
    I <3 push polls!
    Quote from absynthe7

I <3 push polls!

lol.

I was reminded of Colbert's closing question to his guests:
    "President Bush, great president or greatest president?"
    hehe xD
    nice votes so far, it seems like 50% likes it and 50% isn't really happy with it :/
    Quote from ErU

I said countless times that D3 had a pretty good chance of being Blizzard first fail (and was flamed to hell for it), that said, D3 is not all bad, but it's not good either, and it's far from great.

Diablo 3 is just decent, and by Blizzard standards that's a fail.

I agree with this. The game really is frustrating and not fun. I don't like to play video games to be frustrated. I like to play them as an escape.

That being said, I AM still playing... but I'm really hoping for 1.03 to bring better things because this release was just horrendous - both in launch and content.

The thing i miss from d2 was the "1 point wonder" skills that allowed you to take the abilities your class really needed (e.g. leap/teleport) without investing hugely into them.

In D3 i feel like some skills are so essential i'm only left with a few skill slots that are really a choice.
    Diablo 3 is a decent game, if it wasn't called Diablo. If this was like Guild Wars 2 instead of what they have then I would be more impressed and probably like it more. However it is stuck with a great name for a game that doesn't live up to the hype or the expectation.

Now for whats missing? Stats, skills, PvP, Options, Interaction, the list goes on. Everything great about Diablo was taken out, for a more convenient method that ruins the game.

Said it before and ill say it again, if Diablo 2's economy wasn't totally fucked by D2JSP and Blizzard actually removed hacks from the game id drop D3 in a heartbeat.
    Quote from Zrana
    In D3 i feel like some skills are so essential i'm only left with a few skill slots that are really a choice.

Yes. It's particularly prevelant in HC. You're pigeon-holed into a 3-4 defense setup and the millions of builds you can have suddenly becomes a handful.

That and the way most of the mobs in act 2 are just so damn lame are the only things I dislike about Diablo 3. I like it for the most part.
    And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Emmo#2406
    Did not fill my expectations. Blizzars said numerous times: we're making a challengin game and we're investing on gameplay. D3's gameplay is too imprecise to be called good (explosions damage you while you're visualy out of the arrow, same for arrows and any other monster attacks. Monster AI are pure shit wtf).

I was expecting a legendary 10/10 paradigm break. I got a nice game though.

What i miss from D2:
    * Precise gameplay (my character responds quickly to my inputs, hitboxes have the right area).
    * Perfect item system.
    * Ladders / Cycling Economy.
    * Reroll characters.
    * Good story.

Was D2 better ?
    Right now i think most agrees D2's a better game. But i kind feel it's unfair to compare both since D3's is just a baby while D2 reached it's plenitude a long time ago...
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Did diablo 3 fill you expectations after all these years?

It fell a bit short. D3 is a great game but in its current state I can't see myself playing it more than I already have. The game lost WAY too many features AND came out UNFINISHED and UNTESTED.

Its inexcusable for a game that took this long.
    What did you mostly miss from D2, which D3 didn't have?

Not much. I think D3 did a lot of things right compared to D2 but currently D3 has too many problems in terms of balance. Class balance is bad, inferno is unbalanced and untested, items found vs gear checks are completely stupid.
    Was Diablo 2 better? (Vote only if you have played it)

Hard to say. I'll say D3 did a better job than D2 in gameplay and the fun factor of fights BUT D2 made the item hunt right where D3 made it very wrong. For a game centered around item hunt its a very negative point that currently is the biggest threat to D3's longevity.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes