Getting bored of farming..? I DO!

Play new characters. Set yourself some limits. Don't pool items and don't use the AH, see, how far you get. Thats quite fun for me at least.

Play new characters with friends, try some neat combinations. Try to make some unpopular skills work, shouldn't be too hard on normal to hell, maybe you even find a new viable strat on inferno.

I never enjoyed the excessive item grinding in D2, but I still played it for years and years. I honestly don't know, how many hundreds of characters I started, just for the sake of playing the game again. Same for D3, I already have 4 lvl 60 Chars and some runner-ups (even of the same classes, hell, why not?). Hardly used the AH at all and didn't finish Inferno yet; most of my chars chill around Maghda or start of act 3. I want to clear inferno with self-found items and on multiple chars, I expect this to take some time. But I am having fun :)

I might try hardcore at some point, but I am too impatient and careless for that in general, so I will probably rip a lot, which currently prevents me from trying.
    Quote from morc1us

Must wait for pvp. Also they obviously could leave 99 levels ,with like 1 exp per mob kill from level 60 and that would take like a year to get 99 unless you play 24/7.

i would be fine with leveling to 99 even if it takes a year^^

and btw i found alle my gear except for 1 ring by myself bevor beating diablo inferno cause there were no nice items on the AH or i couldnt affort them
    Try to beat the market.
    Read the gold economy and invest in commodities.
    Do some research in different forum communities.
    Wait for RMAH, and start making some money.
    Use said money to buy items, gear up, beat inferno/hardcore whatever.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Also bored here, no point farming beter gear because you cant use it after diablo inferno.

Hardcore is nice, problem is thats its the same shit all over again ;)

Im waiting for some later patches :D
    Quote from Azerox

Also bored here, no point farming beter gear because you cant use it after diablo inferno.

i really dont like HC becasue i like to play just for some crazy fun or when im a lil drunk and/or the servers are lagging... HC is mostly frustration to me cause i cant do crazy stuff at the risk of death
    Quote from Azerox

There won't be any content patches.
    Quote from CalciumChloride

play hardcore. you didn't beat the game yet.

you cant beat inferno HC ...
    Quote from D3L33tGuilty

Quote from CalciumChloride

play hardcore. you didn't beat the game yet.

you cant beat inferno HC ...

Where there's a will there's a way :kitty:
    Quote from Nuvian

Moderation is the key, of course you will get bored if you play a lot.

I disagree. Played Diablo 2 day and night for years since release and wasn't bored of the game until years of playing. Diablo 3 was boring day 4-5 after I was already in inferno. There just isn't anything to do, the level cap is way to low and easy to hit. There is no PvP. The MF gets old and boring, I don't want to run around for half an hour killing normal monsters and hope that something will drop. I would rather run Mephisto runs in 2 minutes and KNOW that something will drop.

In D2 it was about the quick and convenience of stuff, I could log in the morning before work and do a few meph runs and come out with decent gear. In D3 I could log in and spend my whole morning and collect nothing.
    Hardcore and achivements is the best advice I can give you.

Then it will be all about the PvP when that patch comes out.
    Quote from Adon

Quote from Nuvian

Moderation is the key, of course you will get bored if you play a lot.

I disagree. Played Diablo 2 day and night for years since release and wasn't bored of the game until years of playing. Diablo 3 was boring day 4-5 after I was already in inferno. There just isn't anything to do, the level cap is way to low and easy to hit. There is no PvP. The MF gets old and boring, I don't want to run around for half an hour killing normal monsters and hope that something will drop. I would rather run Mephisto runs in 2 minutes and KNOW that something will drop.

In D2 it was about the quick and convenience of stuff, I could log in the morning before work and do a few meph runs and come out with decent gear. In D3 I could log in and spend my whole morning and collect nothing.

I 100% agree with this. The current endgame of D3 is very boring.

Maybe it will get better but I don't know, they completly dropped the ball on legendaries and are saying it will be fixed in a later patch (not 1.0.3).
    The situation is really bad for inferno, and they react wayyy too slow in my opinion.

If they decide to release untested/unfinished content like they did the 15th, I'm fine with that but then they should be monitoring and actively testing it and tuning it as soon as possible.
    We are looking at a 1 month first patch that adresses only one of the core problem of inferno (drop ilvl %).

The addiction of loot farming is just not there. Loots are boring and all you want is to find a yellow that has the 4 stats you want, with good rolls. Everything else you throw away as garbage. This sucks.
    If there were better affixes you could actually settle for something having one great affixe and minor ones, but you really cannot. You only want your main stat, some vita, allres if melee, liferegen/life on hit ON EVERY PIECES... Now you make a little probability calculus in your head and you figure why we feel we are looting crap all day long.

I've now down Diablo Inferno with both my Wizard and my Barbarian, I won't log until 1.0.3 only to play a bit of coop. Well, I hope I'll be able to do that because currently coop just blows in Inferno imo and since anything below A3 drops crap I cannot combine efficient farming and coop play with a melee (since they suck in A3+) -.-

Don't get me wrong I still think its a great game, but like I said it has issues that kinda prevent me from enjoying it more than I already did, and at least I'm persistent I know many people that just stopped midway in Inferno because its just a pure mess.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes