Inferno nerf incoming

Quote from Astion

Just killed Diablo on Inferno as a Barbarian.. solo..

I´ve finished this game on hard, now you may nerf it :)

Good times running a Barbarian with S&B.

Inferno is fine, HOWEVER! What is not fine is that range can clear it and melee can't (yes I know it can be done with shield).

My main is a barb with gear worth approx 100million and I can NOT clear Act3/4 with a 2H weapon and spec without countless deaths, my alt is a Wizard and can clear Act3/4 with next to zero deaths with gear worth less (way less) than 2million.

Change the mobs so that more (way more) have range attacks and make is so that all the attacks 'track' and increase the missile speed. This will put a stop to all these fucking bad geared range classes clearing content they are NOT ament to be clearing with gear that is available (to the majority) 3 weeks after launch.
    I am dying alot, I am cursing alot.. so u and your Barb both need to be Tough as Nails with Nerves of Steel..
    Quote from Cygone

Quote from Astion

Just killed Diablo on Inferno as a Barbarian.. solo..

I´ve finished this game on hard, now you may nerf it :)

Good times running a Barbarian with S&B.

Inferno is fine, HOWEVER! What is not fine is that range can clear it and melee can't (yes I know it can be done with shield).

My main is a barb with gear worth approx 100million and I can NOT clear Act3/4 with a 2H weapon and spec without countless deaths, my alt is a Wizard and can clear Act3/4 with next to zero deaths with gear worth less (way less) than 2million.

Change the mobs so that more (way more) have range attacks and make is so that all the attacks 'track' and increase the missile speed. This will put a stop to all these fucking bad geared range classes clearing content they are NOT ament to be clearing with gear that is available (to the majority) 3 weeks after launch.

Making stuff up doesn't prove your point.Ranged has it easier slightly, it is by no means a walk in the park. Almost everything one shots you in inferno even with good gear. (I run with 1050 resil on average). One of the things most people miss and I think blizzard misses too at the moment and will bite them in the ass after the repair cost buff is that most ranged builds do not have any way to regen health. You don't regen that fast and once you get 1 hit you either die or are at 40% hp that doesn't really move till the next time you get hit again and die.
    The game is horribly unbalanced in later acts, this nerf was inevitable.
    I struggled a lot with my barbarian (2h, I don't play 1h+shield) in Act 3, my DH cleared it with easy with half the items my barbarian has. And my barbarian had Act 2 on farm, including Belial 5 buff stack kills.
    People complaining about Inferno being too hard/too easy is heavily biased, they are only looking at their own class.
    ACT II is harder then III & IV. WTF are you people rambling on about. ACT II should definitely be reduced so that moving from ACT 1 is more fluent and comparable to 3 -> 4.
    Melee is broken, the AH is broken..the game is not fun.
    Quote from Revelations

The game is horribly unbalanced in later acts, this nerf was inevitable.
    I struggled a lot with my barbarian (2h, I don't play 1h+shield) in Act 3, my DH cleared it with easy with half the items my barbarian has. And my barbarian had Act 2 on farm, including Belial 5 buff stack kills.
    People complaining about Inferno being too hard/too easy is heavily biased, they are only looking at their own class.

Too true about barbs struggling and ranged not struggling, as soon as my Demon Hunter friend hit level 60 he started farming act 3 easy with 5 stacks. It took me days of farming act 1 with my barb, then moving on to farming act 2 and now I'm farming act 3 but not properly, certain elites still kill me.

Of course it only took me a couple of days of farming act 1 and 2 because I got really lucky with AH items, buying a almost perfect string of ears for 1 mil and some act 3/4 gear (that were obtained from ranged classes of course) really cheap.

Ranged can even out range the enrage of rare monsters as a side note.

Imo, inferno shouldn't be nerfed, it should be buffed to be more dangerous to ranged classes, and not just a mortar buff. I like the difficulty of inferno as it is, but I don't like that freshly dinged ranged can farm act 3 easily.
    Quote from phatosen

Quote from FredrikHimself

I hate that they are doing this to please the lame, unskilled softcore players.
    I don't count myself as hardcore, but I want that level of difficulty where I need to farm like crazy to get gear to progress through the acts.

I really don't consider myself to me "lame" or "unskilled" in any way, and I have been farming Act 1 for about 30 hours, maybe even 30+, and I am still getting my ass handed to me in Act 2. I play a barbarian, and I watch the best players (kripparian and such) for guides on gear, builds and the sort. So I reeeally don't consider myself to be unskilled - I would even dare to say I'm very "educated" on my class, if that even makes sense..
    The changes in 1.0.3 is a very welcome change for me, even though a lot of you more skilled and elite players (wink wink) don't seem to agree with it, I agree with Blizzard - Act 2 is a brick wall, and it feel likes trying to take it down with tooth picks. However, I do agree with OP - when I first entered Act 1, it was very hard, but now, I can easily kill most mobs (some champions can still be a pain, but nothing worth worrying about). So bringing Act 2 closer to 1 is a welcome change, but I hope they don't over-do it and make it faceroll. I still want a challenge, but one that seems reasonable.

Edit: If you go read the blue wall of text on their ideas behind the changes coming in 1.0.3, they make some VERY good points, most of which I agree wholeheartedly with - making the game a bit easier for melee and thus making is more viable to ranged to spec into survivability and such. Anyway, taking all that away and going "lol nerfs" is just dumbing down some very well-argumented changes.

It's simple - you don't have good gear. Now since you don't have good gear you want inferno nerfed :)

Thing is, I, for example with my barb have quite a nice gear and I farm Act3 quite easily, can get 5 stack valor in 20 minutes.

So all they are doing is nerfing inferno for casuals (i don't say you casual, just don't have gear) and that's sad. Players with good gear after the nerf will find inferno too easy, i guarantee you that.

We were promised than they won't nerf inferno for casuals and now they are doing exactly opposite.

Prolly 90%+ people have problems in Act2-4 inferno and that's the reason why they nerf it. I personally find it quite easy, and my gear can see many improvements.

Believe me after several months from now, when people start getting 1.2k+ dps weapons, inferno will be just as easy as hell in D2.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    I am a monk who frequently plays in inferno, usually also with a barbarian and demonhunter. We are by no means casual players and welcome the challenge of inferno. Our gear is getting pretty good and we're starting to get some significant upgrades. When we finally went onto act 2, it took us just shy of under 30 minutes to get through the first little canyon area in act 2 inferno. I don't want the difficulty to be lowered much, but surely the gap between act 1 and 2 should be reduced. Right now most of the complaints come from myself and my barbarian buddy. The spikiness of the incoming damage is just too much, even as a monk with a defensive build, I'm not any more "tanky" than my brother's demon hunter, honestly.

It is possible to craft a game that is both hard and fun, and right now I feel that the game is just hard, and really not very fun.
    If they don't nerf it, Blizzard would feel that their casual player will play a different game and just lose stock. Kinda disappointing they are nerfing it but you gotta look at their perspective view.

Quote from maciok

Blizz should really delete goblins and resplendent chests from the game.

Amen.
    It also increases effectiveness of running a bot to have these shitty things in the game world.
    Would be better if goblin/chest bots wasn't possible all.
    If there is supposed to be shit like this in the game, make it actually spawn randomly, not on set locations, lol.

they do spawn randomly, on set locations tho ^^
    The problem with "farming" is that it only works because of the AH. The gear you need to beat Act2 drops in Act2 and 3, not in Act 1. If there was no AH (and Blizzard always says the game is balanced without the AH) then you had no chance to beat Act 2 with Butcher drops.
    To quote the OP:

"Act 2 is a brick wall ? Yeah maybe for guys who didnt farm Act 1 at all. All you need to do is farm items for a while, sell semi-decent items you wont use and get some upgrades."

Well, if you are a DH or some other ranged class then yes. I leveled a barb and DH.
    Barb needed like 10 times better gear than DH to demolish ACT1.

Blizzard should focus on actually balancing classes, not nerfing content.
    I am currently obliterating act2 on my barb. (not playing DH). And I am basically not even bothering buying anything atm, just because the content will be nerfed and with my current gear I will be able to demolish other acts too.

EDIT: Just for the record, when I was gearing up, I never got a single upgrade from drops. I had to buy all gear from AH to clear act1, then I farmed act1 forever for gold, just to farm enough gold to buy gear from AH for act2 etc.
    And I farmed a ton, like 50 butcher runs with 5 valor stacks and so on. Not a single piece of upgrade dropped. Luckily I had ok drops for other classes, so I at least made gold.
    Spend 15mil gold and you can demolish act2 as a barb. Spend that on a DH, you can clear act4 and farm inferno ponies.
    I guess people complaining about the nerfs are simply playing DH or wizzard and can avoid being hit by enemies.

You are welcome to try and play a monk or barb in act 2 (or even act 1, when you weren't upgrading your items through the AH). Even with 6k armor and 700 resistance to all and 50k life you get oneshotted (and yes, I mean this literally) by many mobs. To get updates from this kind of gear, you would have to invest tens of millions of gold in the AH, whereas my DH can kite all kind of boss combos (with some exception) to their death with pretty much the gear he had when he was reaching act2 inferno.

So in my opinion, they either needed to buff the melee classes (and here we get to the problem we all already know from WOW: PVP balance) or nerf the npcs. They decided for the latter, and if they really want to balance the classes this also seems the only viable choice,
    Quote from Puri

I guess people complaining about the nerfs are simply playing DH or wizzard and can avoid being hit by enemies.

You are welcome to try and play a monk or barb in act 2 (or even act 1, when you weren't upgrading your items through the AH). Even with 6k armor and 700 resistance to all and 50k life you get oneshotted (and yes, I mean this literally) by many mobs. To get updates from this kind of gear, you would have to invest tens of millions of gold in the AH, whereas my DH can kite all kind of boss combos (with some exception) to their death with pretty much the gear he had when he was reaching act2 inferno.

So in my opinion, they either needed to buff the melee classes (and here we get to the problem we all already know from WOW: PVP balance) or nerf the npcs. They decided for the latter, and if they really want to balance the classes this also seems the only viable choice,

There are tons of barbs who play Act3-4 in inferno. Some of my friends are barbs and we solo act3 w/o big problem.

What i agree though, is that barb requires much better gear than let's say DH, but that does not mean it's impossible to play barb at higher acts.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    Quote from tawhiri

I farm act3 inferno, and its not that hard. DH help idd
    Ive clean all content even diablo, not using any abuse or bug...
    "even with smoke screen nerf, its not a big nerf 0.5 sec until next one"
    But well as usual bliz nerf for casual....
    inferno is all about gear, and for range all about dps.

You play a DH, your argument is invalid.
    Quote from Puri

Even though I am a fan of making some nerfs to the game it doesn't need them THAT badly. Act 1 can be done efficiently as a monk with no more than 150 resists 5k armor and 30k hp. I know that because that's my setup in MF gear and I can go through it solo or with friends. I won't even die either unless I just get cocky because of how easy it is.

Act 2 isn't that bad either. Currently sitting at 500 resist all and 6-8k armor depending on my skills and 42k hp. I haven't tested it past Maghda yet with my new setup but I don't see too many problems arising either. But before her just about all the mobs are trivial. I can walk through like 3-4 waves of bees without dying. Due to that sometimes I simply don't bother avoiding them and just charge straight through them.

Also I don't buy ANYTHING off the AH. I haven't bought one yet and I don't plan on ever doing so. The gear I have is all farmed gear.
    "Act 1 can be done with 150 resists, 30k hp and 5k armor"

"Act 2 is easy as long as you have 500 resists and 6-8k armor"

You realize the problem with that gap correct? "up to maghda" is the first questline in the act. So the gear you have that makes act 1 easy needs to be multiplied by 5 in order to survive the opening quest of the next act.

If act 1 feels easy, you should be able to start act 2 without waiting for +50 res all/+armor pieces to finally drop instead of level 51 daggers. Struggling at the start if a new act is fine. Running away from a wind-up attack or dodging other special attacks is skilled, interesting gameplay. One regular melee hit from normal creatures putting me in danger ( in gear that lets me waltz through act1) is just silly.
    I see alot of people complaining about 'unskilled players, when the truth of the matter is that Inferno = 1 shot fest.. It has absolutely nothing to do with skill, just gear. What they should've done is have mobs to the same amount of damage, but make abilities dodgeable/avoidable so that skills actually come into play. If you run up to a mob and it auto-attacks 1 shot you (And you're a melee so you have to go into melee range) where is the skill in that? I agree with the nerf, but I disagree with the fact that they don't make mobs harder but that some of the damage can be avoidable so you don't get instagibbed.
    Quote from eman41

"Act 1 can be done with 150 resists, 30k hp and 5k armor"

"Act 2 is easy as long as you have 500 resists and 6-8k armor"

You realize the problem with that gap correct? "up to maghda" is the first questline in the act. So the gear you have that makes act 1 easy needs to be multiplied by 5 in order to survive the opening quest of the next act.

If act 1 feels easy, you should be able to start act 2 without waiting for +50 res all/+armor pieces to finally drop instead of level 51 daggers. Struggling at the start if a new act is fine. Running away from a wind-up attack or dodging other special attacks is skilled, interesting gameplay. One regular melee hit from normal creatures in gear that lets me waltz through act 1, again, is just silly and not interesting.

The main thing though is that each Act can be viewed as it's own difficulty. Act1 would be inferno, Act2 would be Inferno+1. Also the mobs don't hit harder past Maghda since they are all the same level. The traits of the mobs change but nothing more. Tonight I plan on going into the sewers to continue farming with my 5 stacks.

Plus the jump from Act 1 to Act 2 isn't really that bad. Sure my defense shot up by quite a bit but so be it. I would have been happier had Act 1 been increased in diffictuly and you HAD to farm Act4 Hell for a while to gear up. Then the jump from Act1 into Act2 wouldnt feel that daunting.

Act 3 though seems like a completely different story. The nerf will be welcomed for that area. In my past posts in this thread people jumped down my throat somewhat thinking that nerf has to mean easy. It simply needs to be adjusted to fit into the norms of the game. If Act1 required 2 months to gear up before an attempt was even possible then I would expect the same for each act. Since the jump from act1 to act2 doesn't take THAT much time investment neither should act2 getting into act3.
    Quote from FredrikHimself

I hate that they are doing this to please the lame, unskilled softcore players.
    I don't count myself as hardcore, but I want that level of difficulty where I need to farm like crazy to get gear to progress through the acts.

I laughed at "unskilled softcore players". Getting 1-shotted by any mob is not fun dude; it forces ranged to kite for 20 minutes on an elite pack and makes melee classes worthless. I'm currently at Diablo in Act 4 inferno as a DH. I'm pretty damn sure I'm "skilled" in your terms then. No exploits, just farming elites and killing act 4 bosses like intended.

As it is, farming is horribly tedious and not rewarding as it should be. You pretty much have to turn to the AH to get gear to progress. If I didn't go to the AH, I wouldn't get through Act 2.
    Quote from maciok

Quote from HellStewie

They didn't need to actually touch inferno, but only a few white mobs, molten affix, melee class defensive aspect.

I think that atm some elite pack affixes are just broken. Inferno is in the right spot but class balance is waaaaaay off.

DH and Wizards are sooo OP.
    Monk & Barb are in the right place IMO. (Barb need fixing tho, his fury spenders are totally useless)
    WD might need a little boost, not sure though.

After those fixes game would be perfect ...

DH and Wizards are not OP. Just because the Monk and Barb are weak doesn't mean those 2 classes are "OP". If you think they are, you're absolutely out of your mind. Your definition of OP isn't actually correct. OP means over-powered. What you REALLY mean is "Monk and Barb are not where they need to be in order to survive fights." Meaning, Monk and Barb are "UP" (under-powered).

Just because the Monk and Barb are UP, does not mean the Wiz and DH are OP. As it stands, Wizards and DHs have a ridiculously hard time trying to survive (which is how it should be, given that they are a damage class and not tanks) and are forced to kite elite packs for 10+ minutes in a circle. Wizards and Demon Hunters get 1-shotted just like Monks and Barbs do at the moment.

The melee classes certainly need buffs in order to survive but saying that "because the melee classes are UP, the ranged classes must be OP" is a false cause fallacy.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes