Butcher or Belial runs.

Hey there guys,

I've been thinking for a while of what and who to farm on my Barbarian, please don't say goblin since it bores me out of my mind to farm that lil bugger.

I'm able to farm A1 and A2 with 5NV stacks without sweating, A3 however is ravaging my poor barbarian, so I came to the conclusion I need more gear.

So I was thinking, sure I'll do A2 until I find enough gear to ravage A3 - but with the RNG I doubt that's really effective.

What are your experience in this, is it more worth farming A1 and getting that low-cash drops but steady income(remember this is very much quicker than A2) or should I continue doing that Belial 5NV and hope for upgrades to my character and/or sell stuff on AH from there?

Not really sure what would give me most profit in terms of gold/gear to upgrade my barbarian.

Obviously this applies to other classes as well.

I'd love to hear some valid reasoning on why to farm what act.

tl;dr:

5NV Stack farm A1 or A2 inferno? And why?
    Quote from name="Bashiok" »

End game solutions
    We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft.
    Greetings. Had exactly the same dilema on my monk - in 10+ 5NV Kull/Belial runs i found 1 upgrade, not major one by any means. Lost faith in act 2 drops and switched to Warden/Butcher runs with ~150 MF (~225 with 5NV), much more offensive skill setup and in few runs got green item, 2 gloves with high dex/AS, AS/dex ring, brown staff (Tormentor or smth, waste of drop that went for laughable 25K), earned about 1.5mil (would've earned more if checked price for AS/dex gloves before posting). I realise that luck factor is involved, but runing Act 1 is faster, easier.

Generally in Act 2 runs you get less loot (that means less things rolled for overpriced AS/Dex affixes), Act 2 don't garauntee better loot.

P.S. Says a lot about fucked up drop progression.
    Yeah, I'm thinking bout getting some downgrade in stats but upgrade in MF (I'm at about 40 lawls) and go get A1 instead of A2.

Considering I got a Tower Legendary from a champ in A1 I assume Stormshield could drop there as well as Set items of higher value, and quicker kills = quicker cash :D

I'd like some maths on this though =(

End game solutions
    We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft.
    Butcher runs are quicker, obviously. Warden and Butcher both drop 3-4 rares with 5 stacks of NV. I run that one 2-3 times a day. And it's all I do right now cuz Act 2 kicks my ass.

I've gotten 5 legendaries from Act 1 Inferno, no set pieces - so not sure if those are even less common or just not there yet. I've also gotten 2 plans (well 1 plan, second was the same) from barrels.
    I am able to clear A2 though, without any issues - dunno what's better for that $$

End game solutions
    Quote from Nyaldee

In regards to "fucked up drop progression" I'll say that rares in act 3 are pretty awesome. I've found several upgrades and all the rest have gone up on the AH. Only one out of 13 has been below level 60 as well.
    farm maghdad with 5 valors will be the best for act 2 cuz she is ez to kill and take less time. there is no point to farm a1 when you can clear a2. you want to get to the best drops possible.
    Quote from Rainbowdash

Hey there guys,

I've been thinking for a while of what and who to farm on my Barbarian, please don't say goblin since it bores me out of my mind to farm that lil bugger.

I'm able to farm A1 and A2 with 5NV stacks without sweating, A3 however is ravaging my poor barbarian, so I came to the conclusion I need more gear.

So I was thinking, sure I'll do A2 until I find enough gear to ravage A3 - but with the RNG I doubt that's really effective.

What are your experience in this, is it more worth farming A1 and getting that low-cash drops but steady income(remember this is very much quicker than A2) or should I continue doing that Belial 5NV and hope for upgrades to my character and/or sell stuff on AH from there?

Not really sure what would give me most profit in terms of gold/gear to upgrade my barbarian.

Obviously this applies to other classes as well.

I'd love to hear some valid reasoning on why to farm what act.

tl;dr:

5NV Stack farm A1 or A2 inferno? And why?

I found gold farming to be more effective on my barb then doing boss runs, but if you set on boss runs i suggest warden/butcher for act 1, or magda for act 2.

Or if you want to gold farm i suggest this method:
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/45101-video-cdxs-gold-find-farming-method-3-10k-every-30seconds/

It goes very fast with barb.

Leap then charge, go into cellar, warcry, leap, earthquake, hit the unique with frenzy/maniac.

There is quite a good drop rate for gems there as well.
    I agree with farming Maghda, the drops in act2 are better - you need to find something you can sell for a few million. It happens.
    i personnally prefer butcher runs :P
    Quote from ArcaneWeapon

Quote from Nyaldee

In regards to "fucked up drop progression" I'll say that rares in act 3 are pretty awesome. I've found several upgrades and all the rest have gone up on the AH. Only one out of 13 has been below level 60 as well.

Act 3 didn't bless me with anything worthy yet. I guess to farm act 3 you need to get 5xNV ->chests -> Siegebreaker runs and i'm getting stomped by elites on my monk there. And i wasn't as lucky as you, i've yet to find real deal lvl 60 quality rare in Act 3 (but then again i didn't manage a single 5NV siegebreaker run yet).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes