Video from Sygo on how to farm unicorn lvl (as wizard/ranged)

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I made the world first kill, but finally here is a video from me, since a lot of people were asking for it. It's about farming unicorn lvl (as title states) obviously with commentary.
    As I state in the video, if there is something you want to see from me, go ahead and leave a comment to let me know, I read them all :)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=016Y88xFMLI

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDi1Td-mN74

Let me know what you think!
    Started leveling my Wizard yesterday purely with this in mind.
    Need to give your "spec" a go as well, seems very slow-oriented.
    Barb @ 60 - Inferno DONE / Wiz @ 60 - Dancing in Whimsyshire / DH @ 60 - Inferno Act III / WD @ 60 - Inferno Act III / Monk @ 60 - Inferno DONE
    It sure is :) I wouldn't recommend my build for anything else in inferno but act 1 and unicorn lvl.
    Btw to anyone wondering, yes, this is inferno :)
    Thanks Sygo, indeed blizzard and arcane hydra work great together x)
    Quote from Sygodoeden

It sure is :) I wouldn't recommend my build for anything else in inferno but act 1 and unicorn lvl.

what kind of build do you use in A2-4 ? and what kind of items?

because im kind of attack speed stacked atm and my damage is not that high but i do cast very fast.
    i have 3.69% attacks per second and 40k damage with magic weapon.

Now i am thinking that this is not the way to go and that i might swap my gear for crit/crit damage

any opinions?
    Quote from Mow

Wait, why arcane hydra over venom? With blizzard you can utilize the pools better, what does arcane bring?

Quote from Mow

Wait, why arcane hydra over venom? With blizzard you can utilize the pools better, what does arcane bring?

I suppose because those hydras can crit (which would be even nicer if he got "critical hits refund X arcane power") and he has the passive that whenever he deals arcane damage (or his hydras) that the target is slowed by 30% which works great together with blizzard
    Quote from Mow

You're welcome, and they sure do!

Quote from Mow

Because of the passive which makes arcane dmg slow, that way I don't have to do anything active to slow them, and the blizzard isn't always on top of the monsters, in which case it's nice to have a hydra that slows. Also, I am stacking crit chance and dmg, and with 35,5% crit chance and 216 % crit dmg, arcane hydra does some decent dmg even though venom hydra is top notch when it comes to dmg.
    Quote from Valkas

Quote from Sygodoeden

what kind of build do you use in A2-4 ? and what kind of items?

because im kind of attack speed stacked atm and my damage is not that high but i do cast very fast.
    i have 3.69% attacks per second and 40k damage with magic weapon.

Now i am thinking that this is not the way to go and that i might swap my gear for crit/crit damage

any opinions?

Wow, that's a fast attack-rate!
    Luckily, it is quite possible to focus on attackspeed - what you wanna do is use an arcane-builder as your main dmg (since attackspeed works well with builders), and for act 2-4 I would suggest the piercing orb rune for our second builder (I think that is what it is called, it's the big one that zig-zags). With that, for act 2-4 I would suggest getting some hp - when I try, lets say act 3, I switch out some of my gear to get some hp, so that I once again can use energy armor with force armor rune. Running around getting one-shot in act 2-4 makes it so much harder than unicorn lvl :)

So the build I would use, would be something like piercing orb, venom hydra, diamond skin with the extra absorb, energy armor with force armor rune, teleport with fracture (the one I also use in the video), and magic weapon with the extra dmg and knockback.

However, if you can get a group of people, then you can just focus on damage, and in my opinion, that's a lot more fun :D
    Quote from Sygodoeden

Luckily, it is quite possible to focus on attackspeed - what you wanna do is use an arcane-builder as your main dmg (since attackspeed works well with builders),

Could you please explain that arcane builder?
    I have not heard of anything like that
    I just stack AS & int

My weapon:

So my current weapon is not good for me?

PS:
    -my AS is 3.73% ^^
    -i made it to act 4 tough with my build but i think im kind of getting bored of it. It is nice tough because i can spam my skill without getting out of arcane power.
    Quote from Valkas

Quote from Sygodoeden

Luckily, it is quite possible to focus on attackspeed - what you wanna do is use an arcane-builder as your main dmg (since attackspeed works well with builders),

Could you please explain that arcane builder?
    I have not heard of anything like that
    I just stack AS & int

So my current weapon is not good for me?

PS:
    -my AS is 3.73% ^^
    -i made it to act 4 tough with my build but i think im kind of getting bored of it. It is nice tough because i can spam my skill without getting out of arcane power.

I meant arcane-power-builder, as in magic missile etc. And your current weapon works just fine! I would like to know what your build is if you made it to act 4 with it, it must work quite well then :D
    Quote from Sygodoeden

I meant arcane-power-builder, as in magic missile etc. And your current weapon works just fine! I would like to know what your build is if you made it to act 4 with it, it must work quite well then :D

Sure :)

quiet a standard build in my eyes: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#blROSX!YXf!bbbYZa

shock pulse - piercing orb because that it is the best AoE signature spell. This means i can spam a lot ( and fast ^^ ) of these orbs without using arcane power.

Blizzard - snowbound because normally it costs like 45 arcane power and then i can do like 2 blizzards and i need to run as fast as i can and with the rune i can spam it as much as i want.

rest of the skills are standard

passive:
    Glass cannon is nice to boost the damage

Astral presence is optional because im thinking to switch it because i barely need AP and with the blizzard runes i can definatly switch it out to cold blooded

Galvanizing ward is nice because i sometimes forget to recast force armor ^^. this is optional too

Stats:

I did made it too Act 4 and still progressing

This build does not make it easy to progress tough. I still had a hard time but what really helped me is my 18% movement speed. It works like charm! There are champ packs that i cannot kill like fast + fast or invunerable minions etc. There are always champs you cant kill so deal with it :P

Also i did need help with belial because of the stupid adds :P
    That is all ^^
    @Valkas
    That's pretty neat! I think you should keep at it with the same build if it works, that's what I would do :D Or you could try finding another build you find more interesting, as long as it works somehow ;)
    So is Whimsyshire where everyone farm their Legendaries? I've gotten no luck whatsoever with 200+ mf fml
    Nice wizzard you got there bro. Like your vids man, always good stuff :P
    Quote from Sygodoeden

@Valkas
    That's pretty neat! I think you should keep at it with the same build if it works, that's what I would do :D Or you could try finding another build you find more interesting, as long as it works somehow ;)

Thanks!
    I might look into some other builds if i got some time, exams coming up... :P

But i like your vid's tough and the build you have is nice!
    To bad i cannot color unique's caus i look horrible :o!
    Quote from dMastermind

So is Whimsyshire where everyone farm their Legendaries? I've gotten no luck whatsoever with 200+ mf fml

I've found one legendary there, a 800 dps warmonger - which is less dps than average blues :/ So legendarys aren't really what I'm looking for :D

Quote from Thorix

Nice wizzard you got there bro. Like your vids man, always good stuff :P

Thanks! New video coming up soon :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes