WoW > D3

I played both of the games and got one conclusion (even played diablo 2 in b4).

WoW: you spend a few hours/days to learn the game/boss mechanics, and, after you kill that boss you already know the drop chance of the gear you need. So you gonna keep killing it until it drop.

Diablo 3: If you want some piece of gear you have 2 choices:

1) Farm till you get bored and sell the stuffs on the AH, asking the Gods to ppl buy your gear so you can finally buy the piece you want @ ah.

2) Farm the bosses until you die in front of your computer hoping the gear to drop, and, if drop, you gotta have luck with the stats, bc it can be some shit piece with intel/dest, str/intel.

My point is.. both of the games are good.

But, at least in wow you know... someday you probably will get your gear.

In Diablo its just random, everything is random. If you think about spending your money with this game in the AH you gotta review your concepts about money, bc, imo, it's not gonna worth.

They turned what we knew as D2 into something unknow called D3.

/discuss

/trollsarewelcome
    well D2 was random too and thats exactly why i like Diablo more than WoW.
    apples>a bicycle

you are comparing two completely different games its like complaining you dont have enough room in a mini because your last car was a spacewagon...

you are a moron annual pass tool...... sooner players like you leave these boards and the official board and head back to the wow mothership the better

/rant

also love how the clown puts /trollsarewelcome like a cool kid its one of those "anyone who disagrees is a troll
    Currently Playing: Rake Lvl 60 SC Barb Inferno Act 2

~~~~~ Rake#2405 Mature UK Based player always looking for like minded players for some co-op/General BS always happy to help feel free to send over an invite~~~~
    Quote from Harmonica39

You are right, but not that random. D3 is just stupid between the gear stats. Like a lv 60 weapon being worst then an lv 48.
    If you played D2 (before LoD the EXPANSION to the game) you would realize you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to farming gear.

There is no difficulty in WoW, I took up a scroll of Rez from a friend all in 340 Blue's and healed my way to easy 378 purps... please. I stopped playing the same day.

Anyways I hope you keep playing WoW and don't come back here, bye bye.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Quote from Darkennz

WoW: you spend a few hours/days to learn the game/boss mechanics, and, after you kill that boss you already know the drop chance of the gear you need. So you gonna keep killing it until it drop.

1) Farm till you get bored and sell the stuffs on the AH, asking the Gods to ppl buy your gear so you can finally buy the piece you want @ ah.

2) Farm the bosses until you die in front of your computer hoping the gear to drop, and, if drop, you gotta have luck with the stats, bc it can be some shit piece with intel/dest, str/intel.

In Diablo its just random, everything is random. If you think about spending your money with this game in the AH you gotta review your concepts about money, bc, imo, it's not gonna worth.

/discuss

/trollsarewelcome

You just explained why the diablo franchise is so much more enjoyable than wow...
    Quote from Rake84

apples>a bicycle

you are comparing two completely different games its like complaining you dont have enough room in a mini because your last car was a spacewagon...

you are a moron annual pass tool...... sooner players like you leave these boards and the official board and head back to the wow mothership the better

/rant

Its fun how you lost your reason when you start using innapropriate words to show your point. Go play your game, kid. We want mature ppl in here ;)
    Quote from Darkennz

Quote from Harmonica39

You are right, but not that random. D3 is just stupid between the gear stats. Like a lv 60 weapon being worst then an lv 48.

sorry but to me it reads like D3 has more longevity than D2 nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
    So your saying a game that has grown over 8 1/2 years roughly (including the beta) is better than a game that's about 6 months old (including the beta).

If we remove all other silly factors of your comparison, IE different genres of games, different philosophy to playing and different control mechanics...

your comparison is still flawed because of the time difference each game has had to develop...

This is like saying Shoes made today are better for your feet than hat's were for your head in the 1930's...

You can't compare them. Good troll though... Got me to reply so GG :D

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
    Quote from IAmMegatron

Quote from Darkennz

/discuss

/trollsarewelcome

You just explained why the diablo franchise is so much more enjoyable than wow...

Pro gamers (experts say, not me), wow will last for a long time until it get repleaced, D3 gonna be forgoten soon bc of it "randomness" and lack of something linear.
    I think it's funny how you compare D3 to Wow, then round off your post by saying they turned D2 into something different, which is D3... If you're gonna troll and complain, can you at least make it coherent? And the inb4 about D2 just shows you have no clue at all about the history of Diablo, aside from maybe a few hours played in 1.12 of LoD.
    Thats why Diablo is much more enjoyable tbh.
    You can always improve your char with better items then raid once a week to get that 1 item you need from a random boss
    But as always, my opinion :P
    This is the problem with wow.
    And also it is the difference between games but I know maybe the vast majority of people won't agree with me on this (even in some of my week moments of elitism during wow I didn't even agree with me) but I will try this aproach.
    WoW is not about gear it's about progressing and to do that you need gear (this can be pve which the game is mainly about or arena/bgs which is just as valid I just feel the game was/is designed around pve even if the focus have changed slightly). Sure showing off loot was part of progressing and being better or even on par with your server but I for instance never had a problem with not getting gear if it helped the guild but many people would go ape shit with loot councils cause they didn't understand why the tank or possibly the better scaling classes had top priority on the drops. Diablo on the other hand is about the gear and that is what keeps the game alive where as wow is all about killing new bosses (this more so back in bc before hc raids which kinda annoyed me even if ulduar was amazing).

So you can't compare the too since wow isn't about farming gear just for the sake of gear it's farming the gear to progress where in diablo the end game isn't to kill the last boss but to get gear and have fun with that gear in ways that really shouldn't be fun but are !_!
    Quote from Leeodin

So your saying a game that has grown over 8 1/2 years roughly (including the beta) is better than a game that's about 6 months old (including the beta).

If we remove all other silly factors of your comparison, IE different genres of games, different philosophy to playing and different control mechanics...

your comparison is still flawed because of the time difference each game has had to develop...

This is like saying Shoes made today are better for your feet than hat's were for your head in the 1930's...

I'm not being a troll at all, When WoW came out we had to farm and farm forever until you had gear (gears from the bosses n stuffs). Diablo is like if we were all chineses (nothing against them, really), we gotta play way too much to progress into the game.
    I don't know what you're smoking. Sure Diablo has RNG loot generation so you could farm for months and theoretically not see anything useful to your character (hasn't been my experience, but possible). However, it HAS been my experience that I, as melee dps, would go months without seeing an upgrade. All the items that dropped would be caster or tank, or just pointless for my character. I quickly got to the point where, speaking selfishly, if an item didn't drop off an early boss, there wasn't much personal point to doing anything for an entire week.

Luckily I'm patient. In wow I would farm hardmodes for months just for a drop, or even the possibility of one. It gave me a reason to keep coming back, plus I actually... you know... enjoyed playing the game, even if I didn't get gear. I enjoy playing D3, and will continue playing it, even if the RNG generator isn't giving me the items that I need for my character. Plus I could always make one of each character and then I would have a very good chance of making use of most of the gear that drops.
    Go play your game, kid

Ok, so what the fuck are you doing in a diablo board?

Yes, NOW. I bet you were in kinder-garden back in 2004, when in Vanilla you had to farm like in a Korean MMORPG in order to craft your dream shit robe at the Tailor.

In Diablo its just random, everything is random.

That's the point of the fucking game. It's the loot! Since fucking 1996!! The pleasure comes when a great sick items comes unexpectedly. Oh wait...you're one of those children who cried on the internet about 'shitty graphics' aren't you?
    Quote from Darkennz

Quote from Leeodin

I'm not being a troll at all, When WoW came out we had to farm and farm forever until you had gear (gears from the bosses n stuffs). Diablo is like if we were all chineses (nothing against them, really), we gotta play way too much to progress into the game.

If you're not trolling then you're an idiot.
    Quote from Darkennz

Quote from Rake84

apples>a bicycle

/rant

Its fun how you lost your reason when you start using innapropriate words to show your point. Go play your game, kid. We want mature ppl in here ;)

When are you leaving, then?
    You're just another att whore who makes such a post in a Diablo (not WoW) Forum.
    Quote from Zera

This is the problem with wow.
    And also it is the difference between games but I know maybe the vast majority of people won't agree with me on this (even in some of my week moments of elitism during wow I didn't even agree with me) but I will try this aproach.
    WoW is not about gear it's about progressing and to do that you need gear (this can be pve which the game is mainly about or arena/bgs which is just as valid I just feel the game was/is designed around pve even if the focus have changed slightly). Sure showing off loot was part of progressing and being better or even on par with your server but I for instance never had a problem with not getting gear if it helped the guild but many people would go ape shit with loot councils cause they didn't understand why the tank or possibly the better scaling classes had top priority on the drops. Diablo on the other hand is about the gear and that is what keeps the game alive where as wow is all about killing new bosses (this more so back in bc before hc raids which kinda annoyed me even if ulduar was amazing).

So you can't compare the too since wow isn't about farming gear just for the sake of gear it's farming the gear to progress where in diablo the end game isn't to kill the last boss but to get gear and have fun with that gear in ways that really shouldn't be fun but are !_!

Good point. Gonna think about it, but, meanwhile, wow (atm is so efing boring) but, at least, you could get 1>85, get into some raid finder, get your gear and enjoy it to the limit of your gear.

Are you having fun if you are stuck in act 2 of D3 while knowing that your gear is equiparable to that point of the game? This is my complain. They made the gear randomness impossible to fit into the act's (at least for now).
    Quote from Darkennz

Quote from Leeodin

Zera put it best... The fun is in the having to play too much and not the completing of the game.

Pretty soon everyone will have Act 2-4 Inferno on constant farm... The fun then will be to try crazy builds like a thorn build, or because gear will be better, using unruned spells only (I.E never using a rune).

Diablo is a make-your-own-fun kind of game and always has been.

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes