Magic find and loot tables!

Greetings there! ^.^
    I am creating this post to make few things clear about magic find and loot tables!
    First of all, i have been searching for this for some time now, and i am not exactly sure how both works, as in;

1. Lets say you have 90% magic find, this doesn't enable the boss to drop more loot for you but rather turn the blue drops into yellow rares? True or false?

2. All acts have their own loot tables, lets say Act 3 can drop Oculus Ring, this means you can never get this in act 1/act 2?

3. Or can some items drop act 1+2 while others 3+4?

4. Since you can't stack any MF from rares/elites before the first boss in Act 4, does it mean his drops are worthless? Or does he still drop good items?

5. If there are loot tables for rares or maybe acts or bosses, what are they? Where can people check the loot tables? How can you know what boss/act to farm?

6. Do set items/green items drop from every act or?

Once the questions above are answered i will update them by A: so everyone may see it and have more fun in the game and a bit more of a clue of what to do! ^.^
    Hmm trying to search for this atm, i can find an item atlas but doesn't say where they drop or what their ilvl is xD
    Quote from Greavers

Greetings there! ^.^
    I am creating this post to make few things clear about magic find and loot tables!
    First of all, i have been searching for this for some time now, and i am not exactly sure how both works, as in;

1. Lets say you have 90% magic find, this doesn't enable the boss to drop more loot for you but rather turn the blue drops into yellow rares? True or false?

2. All acts have their own loot tables, lets say Act 3 can drop Oculus Ring, this means you can never get this in act 1/act 2?

3. Or can some items drop act 1+2 while others 3+4?

4. Since you can't stack any MF from rares/elites before the first boss in Act 4, does it mean his drops are worthless? Or does he still drop good items?

5. If there are loot tables for rares or maybe acts or bosses, what are they? Where can people check the loot tables? How can you know what boss/act to farm?

6. Do set items/green items drop from every act or?

Once the questions above are answered i will update them by A: so everyone may see it and have more fun in the game and a bit more of a clue of what to do! ^.^

1) Yes, this is exactly what Magic Find does. However, Nephalem Valor does increase the number of drops produced by bosses.

2) Higher acts have higher levels. The top tier of gear can only drop from Act 3-4 of Inferno. The next tier down can only drop from Act 2 or above (including Act 3-4) and so on.

3) See 2.

4) You can stack Nephalem Valor (I assume this is what you mean) from the previous act. Stack up to 5, kill Azmodan, then continue through and kill Izkatu. (Not positive on this one, never tried it but I assume Neph Valor sticks around between acts).

5) This stuff is probably stored server side, so who knows when we'll be able to access this data. Because Diablo 3 is online-only they can store a lot of files on the server that the client never needs to download—this is why they can hotfix some things so quickly.

6) Set items, like any other item, can drop anywhere that can drop their tier. They're just rare.
    Quote from Nightmare13
    4) You can stack Nephalem Valor (I assume this is what you mean) from the previous act. Stack up to 5, kill Azmodan, then continue through and kill Izkatu. (Not positive on this one, never tried it but I assume Neph Valor sticks around between acts).

they dont, you start new act without buff.
    The quality goes in before the name goes on.
    Quote from Ankillah

Quote from Nightmare13

they dont, you start new act without buff.

Ok, my mistake. That's really dumb. It's supposed to stick around until you leave game or change skills. Fail Blizzard.
    Each Act seems to have its own "level" of drops. Act 1 seems to drop things similar to Act 4 of the previous difficulty. With a low chance of getting current difficulty items. Act 2 is where you'll mostly get current difficulty items, with far less previous difficulty ones.

That's what I'm seeing based upon salvaging, at least.

Which bosses react to the buff? Would "minor" bosses like Maghda react? How about that big dude just prior to her? Will he?
    Minor boss do react to nephalem valor buff , i cant tell for a2 but ive farmed a1 inferno alot and it work for SK , the spider boss , the warden and butcher .
    Nephalem buff is on everything, not only bosses. Therefore you get good gear from not only doing bosses with neph but also killing elites and getting chests with it. Farming the bosses can be a good option though since the elites often can and will be harder.
    Quote from Findulidas

Nephalem buff is on everything, not only bosses. Therefore you get good gear from not only doing bosses with neph but also killing elites and getting chests with it. Farming the bosses can be a good option though since the elites often can and will be harder.

but at least it guarantees rare drops on bosses, from what I've noticed. there wasnt a time when i had 5 stacks of NV and less than 2-3 rares from any boss : )
    The quality goes in before the name goes on.
    Quote from Findulidas

Semi-false.

The + Magic find part of the Nephalem Valor works on all kills, from normal trash mobs to champions, but the additional loot only works on bosses. All bosses, not just end of act ones.
    Diablo Expressions article writer

Diablo (Inferno) downed on: 22/05/2012
    Nice info guys! Thanks so far! ^.^

However set loots can drop from all acts? I mean the green items!
    Quote from Greavers

Nice info guys! Thanks so far! ^.^

However set loots can drop from all acts? I mean the green items!

Well, I can confirm having a Tal Rasha chest piece dropping in act 1. So i guess yes.

Yeah. I turned 60 beginning of Act 3 and man when you get 5 stacks, your gold drops go thru the roof. So do yellow drops. I found 2 legendary items now. Woot. I just killed Skele king in inferno just now. I think I'm way undergeared for that stuff, though. Was having problems with about 1/2 the elite packs I faced. Some super easy, others damn near impossible. After a few shots, I'd just park them in an out of the way room I would never visit again and move on. That seems to work very well.

Did manage to get 5 stacks of NV and got 3 yellows, though.

So sick of Fast Mortar mobs on my WD. :/

All bosses, not just end of act ones.

Izual didn't give me any yellows, with 5 stacks. :/ And my valor ran out before I finally got a kill on Diablo (Hell). Took about an hour cuz I'm an idiot.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes