Diablo 3 and Poorly Implemented Difficulty

Quote from Theungry

You're missing the point. It shouldn't be the way you want, because you don't want Diablo. Play the games you want to play. Complaining that apples aren't oranges makes no sense whatsoever.
    So what, I should stop playing a game because one aspect doesn't seem appealing to me? I love diablo, I'm a diablo fan since 90s, stop telling me what I want or what should I do because you don't know me. I just think they screwed up when it comes to difficulty and gear system but that's all, the game's great and I really like it.
    Quote from RaidenFreeman

You're confusing the games anyway. Demon souls for example. If you can dodge every attack in the game because you are fucking spiderman, you only need a stick and pajamas for gear. In diablo, you need the fucking gear. The game is about collecting items, with stats that you want, not just items that are strong, but items that work for YOU. If you expected something else, you should have played more D2.

Thats another huge flaw of the game. The legendary items suck ass.... I haven't seen one that was worth half a shit, even on the AH.
    Do you want to get scammed? Perhaps a nice keylogger?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    Quote from Liberated

Should I really make a Mage to keep my self into the game?

well MF chars were a common thing in D2 why not in D3?

and the D3<>Demon souls comparison is just stupid. anyone who wanted D3 to be about Player skill is completely delusional. it whas always been about gear and thats the fun of it.

and does it really matter which color an item has? either it is better or worse than what you have forget the damn colors
    Quote from Mysticjbyrd

Quote from mavfin

Unfortunately, this thread is just another thread where 'bad design' or 'poorly implemented' isn't actually true. It's just code for "They didn't do it the exact way I wanted!"

Welcome to the Diablo series. If it doesn't have what you want, play something else.

This above comment is just another comment where 'its fine' or 'qq play another game' isn't actually true. It's just code for "I am a blizzard fanboy and cannot stand to hear legitimate criticism of a blizzard game!'"

+1 from me also. This is exactly what is wrong with people on this and other forums. Legitimate criticism is not crying or whining - people need to get that in their heads.
    Quote from Mysticjbyrd

Quote from RaidenFreeman

You're confusing the games anyway. Demon souls for example. If you can dodge every attack in the game because you are fucking spiderman, you only need a stick and pajamas for gear. In diablo, you need the fucking gear. The game is about collecting items, with stats that you want, not just items that are strong, but items that work for YOU. If you expected something else, you should have played more D2.

Thats another huge flaw of the game. The legendary items suck ass.... I haven't seen one that was worth half a shit, even on the AH.

If Blizzard made any mistake it was renaming unique to legendary.
    I agree on the Legendaries. And yes, it does matter what colour an item is. The legendaries should be, as their title says Legendary. They should be always better than blues, for crying out loud. Blizzard was too stupid on this,
    Seriously? Nobody is going to pick up on the fact this guy is comparing DIABLO to DEMON SOULS!?

A single player game, to a multiplayer game. The Fps equivalent is Half Life to Call of Duty.

Get a grip and some perspective. You make absurd claims about poor ickle barbarians failing on act 3 inferno without linking what that gears stats are (I've heard barbs wondering why their int gear doesn't cut it). There are also a lot more gear stats than say, WoW. You haven't mentioned what his build is and completely forgetting the idea that maybe he's just a shit player. Because skill does factor into it. Your only argument to say otherwise is 'the game is hard without gear'. That doesn't prove there is no skill.

And yes, it is a glorified slot machine, welcome to diablo. It practically invented rng.

I made a post just to say how silly you are.
    Quote from RaidenFreeman

I agree on the Legendaries. And yes, it does matter what colour an item is. The legendaries should be, as their title says Legendary. They should be always better than blues, for crying out loud. Blizzard was too stupid on this,

No, you are wrong. This is not World of Warcraft.

WoW is a great game in its own rights that I will most likely continue to play but it has warped your minds and convinced you that prettier colors must equal better gear. This is not the case in the Diablo series and anyone who spent any significant amount of time playing D2 has no trouble grasping this concept.
    Quote from SFJake

Quote from Theungry

I have no idea how that's suppose to be relevant. You can stop playing after normal if you want. The reason to keep playing is if you want more and more difficult challenges with the same content.

There is no "challenge", thats the whole point.

Oh, I get it. This is about your ego, not game design.
    I grew up gaming without internet forums. The entire phenomenon of being upset with a game developer makes no sense to me. No sense. I cannot imagine spending my time and energy being upset about something I choose to do for recreation.
    Quote from Theungry

Quote from not_kurt_russel

Quote from Theungry

Inferno = an extra mode for you to chew on if you like to grind impossible content.

if this were the case gear with a level 60 req would drop in hell. even regeants to make lvl 60 wepons from the blacksmith or to upgrade gems only drop inferno (the books). unless im wrong and lvl 60 legendaries and set peices can drop in hell, inferno is not extra. if they can drop in hell though, ignore this.

I have no idea how that's suppose to be relevant. You can stop playing after normal if you want. The reason to keep playing is if you want more and more difficult challenges with the same content.

end game would be considered level 60, correct? But if no level 60 gear items drop in hell and start dropping in inferno, which is an "extra-mode" to you, then even end game gear doesnt have a remote chance of being obtained unless you play said "extra-mode".

i guess my point would be that if it were a true "grind impossible content" type of mode it wouldnt have its own loot pool as it does where 1 inferno blue drop will blow away an A4 rare. There would be some sort of items specified for lvl 60 characters dropping in hell.

and yes can stop in normal, but if you did you wouldnt even have all of your skills. the game is designed to be played til at least 60 and unlock all your abilites, which they new the majority of players would. inferno is not an extra mode. not at all.
    Quote from KrinkleStyle

Quote from RaidenFreeman

WoW is a great game in its own rights that I will most likely continue to play but it has warped your minds and convinced you that prettier colors must equal better gear. This is not the case in the Diablo series and anyone who spent any significant amount of time playing D2 has no trouble grasping this concept.

"This aint WoW"
    Seriously? Is that the only argument your pea brain can muster?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    Quote from Theungry

Quote from SFJake

Quote from Theungry

As usual when 'bad design' or 'poor implementation' is cited, that's what's really at stake. It just wasn't designed or implemented *his way*.

Inferno and the loot system are working as intended. This isn't WoW.
    Quote from mavfin

Quote from Theungry

Quote from SFJake

Quote from Theungry

As usual when 'bad design' or 'poor implementation' is cited, that's what's really at stake. It just wasn't designed or implemented *his way*.

Inferno and the loot system are working as intended. This isn't WoW.

Diablo 2 wasn't WoW either.

Yes, Diablo 3 isn't Diablo 2, which doesn't really address the issue of the flaws.
    Quote from Theungry

This forum really has gone full retard hasn't it?

Challenge is part of game design and how rewarding a game is, you god damn moron.
    A couple things I'd like to point.

The average gamer - I have dozens of friends playing D3 right now, and some of them died a ton of times in Normal alone. Do not underestimate yourself, people like us are good/dedicated gamers. I'm on Inferno already, that's not something 80% of the playerbase has accomplished (or will accomplish in the next weeks, or ever).

I got caught by new mechanics every now and then which outright destroyed me or even died due to not knowing the enemies yet (the first one was the tree at Fields of Misery with his poison burst). Soul Rippers/Lashers with frozen insta-killed me even though I was well geared. The "average gamer concept" is not something we properly understand, and I believe a company like Blizzard probably knows more about it than us.

On the whole "new mechanics" aren't there, I couldn't disagree more. A rare with Molten/Frozen/Jailer on Hell is really hard to beat, but add on Horde or Invulnerable Minion and you're in for an absolutely 100% different challenge. And if think those stats can either be on a weak Zombie or on 3 huge Unburieds (with passive knockback), it's damn scary and challenging. To me, that's an amazing design.

And, imho, the most technical expression isn't "loot grinding", it's "loot farming". You don't need to kill the absolute same enemy on the same place for hours. It is possible to find upgrades on the AH after farming for 30 mins. And even in drops (my first rare drop on Inferno was a boot upgrade).

Quote from Theungry

I don't buy that at all. Gear opens the door. A solid build lets you go through. Only skill lets you actually walk down the hall.

^

I feel like a lot of people are really underestimating their own skills. If you can manage resources, understand abilities, create a balanced build, fight efficiently (rotating skills and using cooldowns smartly), make use of the AH and use your gold well, kite a fast/horde/jailer enemy - then congratulations, you're a pretty good gamer. Most people probably can't accomplish that in the first week.

But you will only be able to show all that skill on Inferno when you have an absolute minimum required for that (and that gear check is good for the game longevity imho).

On a sidenote, I do agree with you that Legendaries in D2 had more interesting "themes" to them. And I also agree that class balance and scalability is too much of an issue right now. If you can get your dps from 20k to 90k throughout a difficulty, you'll roll over Act 1 and get 1 shot in Act IV. I definitely don't like how Inferno (and its items) scales right now.
    Quote from not_kurt_russel

end game would be considered level 60, correct? But if no level 60 gear items drop in hell and start dropping in inferno, which is an "extra-mode" to you, then even end game gear doesnt have a remote chance of being obtained unless you play said "extra-mode".

i guess my point would be that if it were a true "grind impossible content" type of mode it wouldnt have its own loot pool as it does where 1 inferno blue drop will blow away an A4 rare. There would be some sort of items specified for lvl 60 characters dropping in hell.

and yes can stop in normal, but if you did you wouldnt even have all of your skills. the game is designed to be played til at least 60 and unlock all your abilites, which they new the majority of players would. inferno is not an extra mode. not at all.

You seem to be trying to establish a semantic category that isn't really applicable.

The game is designed to provide long term replay-ability in repetitive, but randomized content. You seem to want it to be linear with an end game accessible to everyone. That's not the way it's built.

You can dislike it. That's fine. I don't think it's for everyone. But it many of us signed up for this. It's not broken. It's not bad design. It's Diablo 3.
    I grew up gaming without internet forums. The entire phenomenon of being upset with a game developer makes no sense to me. No sense. I cannot imagine spending my time and energy being upset about something I choose to do for recreation.
    Quote from Mysticjbyrd

Quote from KrinkleStyle

Quote from RaidenFreeman

"This aint WoW"

Am I wrong?

There are plenty of things I don't care for in D3, but the color of my items are the least of my concerns.
    Quote from SFJake

Quote from Theungry

Challenge is part of game design and how rewarding a game is, you god damn moron.

I know what you were trying to say. I skipped the explanation step that it was an argument to protect your ego, but here it is:

If the game were challenging in the "right way" you could beat it, because you're awesome. If you can't beat it, it must be bad design, because that way it's someone else fault that you didn't meet the expectation you set for yourself.

It's lazy and transparent justification.
    Quote from KrinkleStyle

Quote from Mysticjbyrd

Quote from KrinkleStyle

Quote from RaidenFreeman

"This aint WoW"

Am I wrong?

There are plenty of things I don't care for in D3, but the color of my items are the least of my concerns.

Yes, of course you are wrong. Just because someone says something you disagree with doesn't allow you to throw out the WoW card. No one mentioned WoW....and its not even a valid argument any damn ways....

Its the intellectual equivalent of saying, "you mad brah?"
    Quote from Theungry

Quote from SFJake

Quote from Theungry

I know what you were trying to say. I skipped the explanation step that it was an argument to protect your ego, but here it is:

If the game were challenging in the "right way" you could beat it, because you're awesome. If you can't beat it, it must be bad design, because that way it's someone else fault that you didn't meet the expectation you set for yourself.

It's lazy and transparent justification.

Its not hard to beat, and its bad design, because its not challenging in the right ways.
    check and mate.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes