What the future patch should contain

Agree with the randomized maps. Also would like to see more randomized instances/attacks/events.

In game content

- Diamonds/Blue Sapphire Gems. Diamonds could be attack speed bonus, Blue Sapphire Water Damage

- Specialize the merchants, it's silly to have them offer a bunch of things (mostly junk anyways). Have an upgrade option similar to the Gem/Blacksmith that allows them to bring in better goods like amulets/rings that are actually worth a hoot

- Option to turn off Companion dialogue

- Ability to see another players gear in MP

- Monk Animations

Future Expansion Ideas

- A few character customization things.. doens't have to be overboard, but just a few things i.e. skin tone, beard or no beard, hair length

- More Monsters - maybe a blood/dark knight comeback from Diablo, Fallen Angels
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from SnowBro191

What is the point of acquiring the best items possible in D3? So you can kill Inferno Butcher in 10 seconds instead of 20?? In D2 you pretty much had to farm for some of the best items to be able to stand a chance in the later acts of Hell. There is no point of this in D3 because you can beat the game with decent gear that drops frequently. The only reason I would keep farming for better gear is to do better at pvp...

There are many. Trading/acquiring wealth is the most prominent reason for farming. PvP viability is another. Also, being able to MF with extreme impunity is key to fast, successful farms.

I was in the middle of typing a response to the first quote, and I realized you summed this up for me perfectly. So with that, I thank you.
    - Charms
    Charms were a subtle after the fact item, that were also able to benefit you immensely if you had the wealth to trade for the best ones.

- Jewels
    The options currently presented through gems is just "meh." Jewels would make socketed items much more viable as well as valuable. I want to load up on 40/15's ! :D

That's all I want, is that too much to ask for?!
    - The rarity x power proportions of all item types have to be constant. Blue drops easier, in the avarage it needs to be weaker. The problem in the actual game itemisation is that affixes plays a minor whole in the determinsation of item power. Majority of the DPS come from the item basic rolled stats and from IAS and DMG affixes. Stat affixes are sweet but a luxury. Other affixes can be ignored.
    Bashiok said we are right if we look just at DPS. Not our fault if pick up radius and other stuff doesn't make up for DPS. Itemization in this game is broken and i knew it from the beta. Not surprised, noone did it right after D2 and Ragnarok Online.

- The Jornal needs a better interface. I want to reread the lore books because thats one of the things i love about in this game. But they are all mixed up in a ridicolous menu list. I want a proper journal and bestiary.

- Ladder. They seriously though Inferno would play a end game role ? No matter how hard it is, people will do it. In 6 months 50% of the Diablo 3 players will have beaten Inferno and will have 2~3 lvl 60 characters. I CAN"T see this game longevity.. Seriously in one year i'm pretty sure i will quit and i will be one of the last ones.THIS GAME NEEDS A LADDER.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    I'd like to see another melee class added. I miss my zealot :QQ:

I used to love the good mannered elite zeal duels and the tourneys we would have on East Ladder.

I realize that the paladin had many overpowered builds like hammerdin and smiter that became quite unpopular with people that PvP'd with other classes, so maybe they could explore a more pure melee class like a Knight or Warrior?
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Ryude

I think the issue is clear: Diablo 3 has no end-game. Therefore, it has no replay value. There are no goals, nothing you can work towards and feel accomplishment. You easily reach max level, easily get the best gear (blues), and everyone gets the same skills so you don't feel like there is any reason to replay classes

I've already pre-ordered TL2 and Guild Wars 2, I'm seriously disappointed in D3.

You're entitled to not liking D3 if that's what you choose, but your reasons are absolute rubbish. The "end-game" of any game, whether it is Diablo, WoW, etc. is the killing of the final boss in the toughest difficulty. Are you farming Diablo on Inferno? My educated guess is no. Are you decked out in legendaries? Probably not. The replayability comes with getting the final tiers of armor with the ideal stats to curb stomp anything in your path, creating wealth on the gold AH and RMAH, and eventually pvp.

Good luck with TL2 and GW2, I'm sure they will be even better than SW:TOR and totally bankrupt Blizzard of its customer-base! I'm also certain that these games won't have skills that everyone will have and use!
    Quote from italofoca

- Ladder. They seriously though Inferno would play a end game role ? No matter how hard it is, people will do it. In 6 months 50% of the Diablo 3 players will have beaten Inferno and will have 2~3 lvl 60 characters. I CAN"T see this game longevity.. Seriously in one year i'm pretty sure i will quit and i will be one of the last ones.THIS GAME NEEDS A LADDER.

I never liked what they did making ladder play so much richer by having all the best gear/runewords limited to lad play. I felt forced to play it because that's where the good gear was.

......nah, thumbs down to ladder. I'm not even sure what the point of ladder would be? What, a competition to see who could hit lvl 60 in 24 hours? Whats the point?
    BurningRope#1322
    Monk doesn't need any nerfs, both Monk and Barbs are really difficult in Inferno compared to the ranged classes.
    The healing a Monk does is not nearly enough, and we have no real range build like a Weapon Throw-barb.
    Quote from Makesh

Monk doesn't need any nerfs, both Monk and Barbs are really difficult in Inferno compared to the ranged classes.
    The healing a Monk does is not nearly enough, and we have no real range build like a Weapon Throw-barb.

I'll be damned if I get forced to make a weapon throw build for my barb. It isn't happening, ever.
    if you dc, you have to do whole quest all over again, same if you want to go back and help a friend or if you want to do some previous quest.

Its also very confusing to realize where will you continue the quest if suddenly you want to leave a game.

and last, like many have said before: fix BS, jeweler, affixes, legendary, sets and i think barb and monk could use a buff but im not sure about this one.

edit: to clarify my first complaint: i was doing last quest of act 3 on hell diff, took me around an hour and a half, i finally get to azmodans chamber, 5 seconds later i get dc and i have to do everything all over again, and im pretty sure many have been in simillar situations before.
    WTB datamine of upcoming 1.0.2 build!
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from SnowBro191

What is the point of acquiring the best items possible in D3? So you can kill Inferno Butcher in 10 seconds instead of 20?? In D2 you pretty much had to farm for some of the best items to be able to stand a chance in the later acts of Hell. There is no point of this in D3 because you can beat the game with decent gear that drops frequently. The only reason I would keep farming for better gear is to do better at pvp...

There are many. Trading/acquiring wealth is the most prominent reason for farming. PvP viability is another. Also, being able to MF with extreme impunity is key to fast, successful farms.

You are probably right, most people will keep farming to make a few bucks or gold in the AH or so they can purchase stuff on the AH. I still stand by my point that finding the best gear isn't going to be a necessity like it was in D2, especially when you can go to the AH and buy some cheap magic item and solo the game. My original post wasn't saying that there is no point in getting better gear, just that there isn't as much incentive to do so as in Diablo 2. I am probably just bitter about this because that basically was the game play in D2 , not just "end game". I remember farming Nightmare bosses so I didn't get my ass kicked in Hell on numerous different fresh accounts over the years. Maybe I am extremely lucky or good at D3 but I have not had to try to find upgrades to proceed in later acts, I just buy items with the money I have made clearing the difficulties the first and only time and keep going.

Here is another reason why people will farm items - to gear out their other classes without buying cheap AH items. Just trying to point out that there is still reasons to farm the best items. It just not is a necessity to succeed at the game.

Edit- Perhaps my feelings of this would be different if all the items on the AH were insanely high prices so you had to actually farm items instead of just selling what you find the first time through and having enough money to upgrade enough to progress.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes