What the future patch should contain

Better chat and fix the items/MF and I will be happy.

This is just silly

http://diablo3markets.incgamers.com/blog/comments/legendary-set-items-immenseley-undertuned-high-end-weapons-trivialized

TFIGEGKTB
    Quote from brx

-Add 20 levels, make hell and inferno difficulties meaningful. Improve latest difficulties AI. Increase champions numbers in a pack in inferno.

I am guessing you havent progressed all that far in inferno
    Quote from brx

-Fire the plot scenarist(s) for kerrigan 2.0, the useless SK arc, the poorly handled and told Belial plot twist, the badly introduced act 3, the meaningless ending, etc. Make the team look at d2 plot developments, cutscenes (ending cinematic before the add-on particulary) and story telling. GOD

The main/core story for all the three Diablo games (I, II and III) was done by the same guy: Chris Metzen.
    Quote from Don_guillotine

Quote from brx

-Fire the plot scenarist(s) for kerrigan 2.0, the useless SK arc, the poorly handled and told Belial plot twist, the badly introduced act 3, the meaningless ending, etc. Make the team look at d2 plot developments, cutscenes (ending cinematic before the add-on particulary) and story telling. GOD

The main/core story for all the three Diablo games (I, II and III) was done by the same guy: Chris Metzen.

and all the 6 episodes of starwars were done by the same guy also (much or less if you know what i mean)
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from Ryude

I'm not sure a patch can fix all the problems I've seen so far. But here is what I think needs to change in order to make replayability possible.

- Items have no structure, blues/yellows/legendaries all feel the same. If a yellow drops, I don't feel excited like I used to, because there is a high chance that my blue is better anyway. As a result, MFing is downright boring.
    - Traveling between acts should be as easy as D2. Having to make a new game just to play a different part of the game that I've already beaten 100x before is stupid. No, I don't want to listen to dialogue and quest cinematics every single time I play.
    - Crafting is useless, you can never craft anything of high enough level to be useful. When you can, you've already gotten better items anyway.
    - Auction house makes gold the only real thing worth finding. Why bother doing anything other than gold find runs? The auction house is the only place you can find the items you really want.
    - Difficulty is too inconsistent, one minute it's easy easy easy the next minute it's impossible. Either make every monster a challenge or don't.
    - Stat mods are way too strong. Currently, any item that provides a huge boost to stats is crazy strong while any other mod is way too weak. Not to mention goldfind and magicfind mods make little to no difference in what you find.

I was thinking all of these things and would like to add to it.

-For at least an xpac, or slowly through patches blizzard should introduce randomized outdoors, it's boring playing through the same map every time.
    -The amount of randomization in outdoor areas is very small, on every play through I feel like I run into the same quests and dungeons mostly in the same places too, they should defiantly add more quests and dungeons over time through patches.
    -Longer dungeons. The only place in the game with randomization is dungeons, but many of them are so short or are a straight line that you cannot even notice it. Things like the act 2 sewers, are usually three turns from the next level or way out. (Don't get me wrong not all dungeons are like this, particularly the act 2 ruins, and act 3 inside the keep, but many particularly the random outdoor dungeons are one room or very short).
    -Give an option to turn of the golden arrow and circles that always point you where to go, the few time I get to explore there is something telling me exactly where to go.
    -They need to rework the stats in the game. Its not fun having 2 of the 4 main stats be useless for classes, and having the other 2 be the most important stats in the game. Similarly class specific stats should be limited to class specific items. Seeing a legendary one handed sword with hatred regeneration hurts my brain.
    -Legendaries and sets are very lacking in this game. I don't think they should have random affixs, this is mostly because of the many useless things you can get, but overall it makes legendarys feel not very legendary. They should also add some low level sets, sure they may not be great individually but with the new auction house it could be fun to collect a small set as you level. Make them have a bit higher drop chance too, it seems like they barely exist in game.
    -I want to make a special mention to traveling between acts. It would feel so much better to just make a game and just go where ever you want, ignoring all the story line quests you had previously done. I hate making games to listen to the npcs blabber the same lines over and over.

Edit: -Do something about the skill page, its annoying as hell trying to change builds around. Something more like pick a skill, then the rune then drag it where you want it on the bar.
    -Minor nitpick, but somewhere on rares, legendaries, and sets have the name of the kind of item it is, as there is no way to tell. Like instead of saying Legendary sword, have it say Legendary broad sword or what ever item it is.

The games amazing, but with some of these changes it would be ridiculously great.
    armor sets manager would be great too, as well as skill sets maybe.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Anyone that thinks Blizzard will make a patch fixing all of the problems is just downright ignorant. Jay Wilson has no interest in listening to the community, he's proven that several times. Runic Games, suddenly you're looking like the last hope of a good dungeon crawler.
    I agree about the gear. It's just ridiculous that legendaries basically suck compared to the more common items you will find. Why they thought that would be a fun design is beyond me, but if I find a legendary that is appropriate for my class and level it should damn well be a *major* upgrade over the magic/rare item I currently have equipped. The fact that it never is makes me not care about finding a legendary.
    i only want new tooltips. sometimes its hard to tell if the rune effect actually replaces the original or just adds to it.
    Quote from brx

Quote from Don_guillotine

Quote from brx

and all the 6 episodes of starwars were done by the same guy also (much or less if you know what i mean)

Exactly. I just meant that the problem is not that Chris Metzen wouldn't know what happened in Diablo II. Or that Lucas didn't know what happened in episodes 4-6. Just that they're inconsistent.
    The barb needs a boost...seriously big boost. 50k hp and i die in 4-5hits in hell and above.

Kinda funny to think about me and my mate (barb and WD) clearing it all the way through hell difficulty and apparently using the worst classes in game.. makes me feel special haha
    As long as they don't have to go to a monthly payment, It could be a little WOW-like in some areas and a lot less WOW-like in others.
    Watch an overview of all the classes on my youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ndstad?feature=mhee
    A few tweaks+fixes and late PvP is all D3 will get, Diablo had just 1 guy doing last patches :), team supporting D3 won't be large either once servers work 'ok'.
    Quote from Zubacz

I'm sorry, but if your mouse pointer is anywhere near the action bar, you are doing something VERY wrong:)

Have you played a ranged character yet? :)
    I have to agree with the itemization being seriously flawed.

Oh, and I'll quote someone on that (thanks to : http://diablo3markets.incgamers.com/blog/comments/legendary-set-items-immenseley-undertuned-high-end-weapons-trivialized) :

To be quite blunt, I am not at all a fan of the homogenization of item stats in Diablo 3. I don’t like that every single affix equally benefits every class and spec. Why? Because it’s uninteresting, boring and simplified to the point of having little to no diversity. It’s trivial and basic, turning a complex and interesting item system into a simple and basic decision that you can’t possibly get wrong. It leads to items being so generic that their value is just a matter of taste, rather than being actually superior for X spec. In short, it’s boring .
    I think the issue is clear: Diablo 3 has no end-game. Therefore, it has no replay value. There are no goals, nothing you can work towards and feel accomplishment. You easily reach max level, easily get the best gear (blues), and everyone gets the same skills so you don't feel like there is any reason to replay classes

I've already pre-ordered TL2 and Guild Wars 2, I'm seriously disappointed in D3.
    Quote from Ryude

I think the issue is clear: Diablo 3 has no end-game. Therefore, it has no replay value. There are no goals, nothing you can work towards and feel accomplishment. You easily reach max level, easily get the best gear (blues), and everyone gets the same skills so you don't feel like there is any reason to replay classes

I've already pre-ordered TL2 and Guild Wars 2, I'm seriously disappointed in D3.

I love this mentality. I think a lot of people are feeling this way, and mainly those who aren't TRUE Diablo fans. Their was never an "end game" in a Diablo series, just acquiring the best items you could and having a ton of fun doing it. I can't wait for a few weeks from now when people with this mentality stop playing D3, and all the pseudo fans disappear.
    Not sure about classes yet. But please Fix the Blacksmith.
    Quote from Troeg

Quote from Ryude

I love this mentality. I think a lot of people are feeling this way, and mainly those who aren't TRUE Diablo fans. Their was never an "end game" in a Diablo series, just acquiring the best items you could and having a ton of fun doing it. I can't wait for a few weeks from now when people with this mentality stop playing D3, and all the pseudo fans disappear.

What is the point of acquiring the best items possible in D3? So you can kill Inferno Butcher in 10 seconds instead of 20?? In D2 you pretty much had to farm for some of the best items to be able to stand a chance in the later acts of Hell. There is no point of this in D3 because you can beat the game with decent gear that drops frequently. The only reason I would keep farming for better gear is to do better at pvp...
    Quote from SnowBro191

What is the point of acquiring the best items possible in D3? So you can kill Inferno Butcher in 10 seconds instead of 20?? In D2 you pretty much had to farm for some of the best items to be able to stand a chance in the later acts of Hell. There is no point of this in D3 because you can beat the game with decent gear that drops frequently. The only reason I would keep farming for better gear is to do better at pvp...

There are many. Trading/acquiring wealth is the most prominent reason for farming. PvP viability is another. Also, being able to MF with extreme impunity is key to fast, successful farms.
    BurningRope#1322
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes