Is anyone else tired of the complainers?

I have to point out the obvious.

People just don't know this game yet, but for whatever reason, they assume they do after only four days. I'm hearing talk that melee is impossible in Inferno. Some perspective; I remember many years ago taking my Zealot to hell, solo, and getting to the arcane sanctuary.

Well....at first, when I was ignorant of the game I didn't know how to mitigate mobs of physical-immunes set on a narrow, impassable pathway. It was "impossible". After time, I learned how to deal with it solo (adding elemental dmg to attacks etc). Such will occur over time with D3. People think its impossible...they learn it's not....
    ITT: complaining about complainers

why do you even give a f*** what other people think or say or expect from the game? just play with your friends, have fun and stop caring about the opinions of people you don't even know.
    Quote from Todesbote

why do you even give a f*** what other people think or say or expect from the game? just play with your friends, have fun and stop caring about the opinions of people you don't even know.

People come here to learn about the game, discuss the game and enjoy the excitement of a release many of us waited for over a half-decade to play. Yet we have to wade through the garbage of thread after thread of people that;

1) Aren't fans of the franchise/Aren't familiar with the Diablo template
    2) Are immature
    3) Are impatient
    4) Are trolls

I don't like Call Of Duty. I thought it sucked. Did I join a CoD fan forum and troll it to death with complaints? No. I wouldn't frequent a website with the word (GAME I HATE) combined with the word "fan". If they don't like it, go away, please. Criticism is one thing, we all have that and it can be constructive. But the immature ranting about Blizzard being a scrupulous greedy corporation and this game sucking.......go away.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Todesbote

People come here to learn about the game, discuss the game and enjoy the excitement of a release many of us waited for over a half-decade to play. Yet we have to wade through the garbage of thread after thread of people that;

2) Are immature
    3) Are impatient
    4) Are trolls

I don't like Call Of Duty. I thought it sucked. Did I join a CoD fan forum and troll it to death with complaints? No. I wouldn't frequent a website with the word (GAME I HATE) combined with the word "fan". If they don't like it, go away, please. Criticism is one thing, we all have that and it can be constructive. But the immature ranting about Blizzard being a scrupulous greedy corporation and this game sucking.......go away.

well said. :)

As for the game not being properly balanced, it's nothing unusual. Jay Wilson said himself in one of the interviews, that the launch of the game is just the beginning of work for them, finding bugs, balancing the game etc. Beta was only upto level 13, the rest of the content they could only test internally - most of it with pre-made characters. Obviously when millions start playing from scratch, they will find things that need tweaking, and I trust Blizzard they will make the game better over the months - just as any other of their titles.
    General forums are generally for complaining, that's how it is in almost all games especially if they're popular. If you want discussion about builds or mechanics visist the other subforums but they're pretty inactive since most people enjoying the game are playing it.
    Forums are full of complainers because the people that enjoy the game are busy playing.

Many complainers are WoW/other mmo players who are used to having everything handed to them on a silver platter, and have no idea what Diablo is really about.

The game is just fine. If you don't like it, go play something else.
    I agree with a lot that is being said. Does the game have some genuine problems? Yes. Am I a little disappointed taht Inferno has been beaten after only four days when Blizzard said it would take a couple of months? Yes. I knew it wouldn't be that long before someone beat Inferno, but 4 days? That just sucks. Is there an issue with difficulty? Maybe, I'm only in Act 3 Normal right now. Should Legendaries be more powerful? Probably. Should they end the teleporting to a boss fight and Ressurecting even when taking damage with no consequences? Yes. Despite all of these things, is the game still fucking aswome? YES! I have put in 17 hours with one character and I'm only on Act 3 Normal because I am taking my time and snooping around EVERY corner. So much for the assholes who say the game is too short. And as a result I have learned that this has a very deep story and is done in a form of storytelling I wish more developers woudl adopt.

It basically boils down to this, are this generation of gamers a bunch of spoiled little shits how don't know what a good game is? ABSOLUTELY!

All of these fucks that are complaining about the game's graphics, difficulty, not getting "level appropiate loot", Gems sucking, ect. don't know what the hell they are talking about. For those idiots that don't know about elective mode, READ THE DAMN OPTIONS MENU! One guy complained to Blizzard that he couldn't pk. Blizzard's response, "Try Harder." Despite the fact that's hillarious, it's true. Blizzard has done everything they can to inform the public on how the game is going to be. But does the public ever actually do research into a product BEFORE they buy it? NO! Why Becuase they are fucking morons whom I wish wouldn't bread anymore. Those that are complaining are the same noobs who think Modern Warfare series and WoW are good games. They can't wrap their atrophied minds around any thought more complex than, "ooh shiny," let alone a game that actually requires some thought and strategy.

I am sick and tired of the complaints. The development team worked their asses off for six and a half years to bring us this game, and you know what? It is a HUGE improvement over Diablo 2. Despite launch hiccups, they did a damn good job. I LOVE the fact that the skill trees are gone. It makes experimentation a lot more fun. Does it kill replayability? Yes. But so what? Level all five classes to 60, keep spare sets of gear in your stash for mulitple builds and have fun at any difficulty level you want. If you get bored with the Wizard, move to the Barb and smash shit. Bored with the Barb? Move to the Monk.

The combat system is very deep. I am playing a Wizard, and I haven't seen ANYONE come close to my build despite the millions of people playing. You know what? That is just phenomenal!

So, just shut the fuck up, enjoy the game for what it is and have fun.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Todesbote

2) Are immature
    3) Are impatient
    4) Are trolls

Playing devil's advocate here, but...what if you were a huge fan of all past CoD releases, and then along comes a new CoD that changes most of the things you liked about the previous games, almost to the point of it not quite feeling CoD to you? Would you be happy?

Quote from Senchean

Does it kill replayability? Yes. But so what? Level all five classes to 60, keep spare sets of gear in your stash for mulitple builds and have fun at any difficulty level you want.

Oh, the humanity....
    I just don't understand what people expect from games nowadays. Blizzard actually bought the game back a couple of notches and revamped aspects they didn't think worked. They put in a lot of effort and people just expect way too much. (People also need to realise we haven't even seen what could be in store for the future). xPac's etc..

Me? I just ignore the people complaining :>
    Quote from maka

Playing devil's advocate here, but...what if you were a huge fan of all past CoD releases, and then along comes a new CoD that changes most of the things you liked about the previous games, almost to the point of it not quite feeling CoD to you? Would you be happy?

No, I would not be happy. But I cannot see myself putting any effort into complaining about it to strangers via a fan forum.

What bugs me about much of the complaining is the rhetoric like "fanboy" and other insults being fired at people that love the game, as if these dissatisfied players wish to convince people that they really shouldn't like the game.

If you like it, you like it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't be here right now. Maybe it's just me, but I got better things to do than to frequent a fansite of a game I am displeased with.
    The thing is you either ignore all the complainer's and enjoy the game or go and try to listen to them ( it's hard but managable ^^ ).

Anyway i also don't get all the negativity, as everybody knew the state of which the game was gonna come out. The closed beta ran for what 9 months or more, there was no NDA on it and everybody got to see it. Yes it has it's flaws, one of them being the the server getting hammered by all the pople on launch day and some time after that.

For me it's good thing it happened now, because it gave them time to see how the servers handle and tune them up even after that Open Beta stress test. Give it 1-2 months and i doubt you will see so much server based problems.

Bottom line is if you enjoy the game play it, if you didn't tough luck there's always other games ^^
    ~ This is the life we chose, the life we lead And there is only one guarantee, none of us will see heaven ~
    Hmm... I found normal incredibly easy sorry to say, without using the AH. I died once on my solo run and that was in A3 and not on a boss. Though I haven't complained about it. I just don't see how people can struggle on normal?

Maybe I just know how to gear a character, or I got lucky with drops or something.

I was the Monk; if that makes any difference.

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
    Quote from Leeodin

Hmm... I found normal incredibly easy sorry to say, without using the AH. I died once on my solo run and that was in A3 and not on a boss.

Normal is like a tutorial. You can enter with a character you know nothing about, skills you know nothing about, and by the time you're on NM you should have a grasp of things and be ready for a challenge.

I just don't see how people can struggle on normal?

I would assume most people that struggle on norm are Diablo franchise rookies. Most of us that are familiar with the franchises template shouldn't have many issues through the first phase.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Leeodin

Hmm... I found normal incredibly easy sorry to say, without using the AH. I died once on my solo run and that was in A3 and not on a boss.

Normal is like a tutorial. You can enter with a character you know nothing about, skills you know nothing about, and by the time you're on NM you should have a grasp of things and be ready for a challenge.

I would assume most people that struggle on norm are Diablo franchise rookies. Most of us that are familiar with the franchises template shouldn't have many issues through the first phase.

Very true... i guess I just forget how many newbies there are in Diablo. It was fun don't get me wrong, and Just to restate... I am not complaining... Just kind of shocked I guess.

And to answer the OP; I suppose you have to take the good with the bad; sometimes people aren't complaining, merely giving an opinion.

MINOR SPOILER WARNING

For example; I wish gem names were a different colour; quite easy to miss them being white, as they blend in. This is a minor thing of course.

My biggest complaint though, is that Act 3 and 4 are a bit short. I prefer the Ice settings; I would have preferred a shorter A2 and longer A3. Heaven felt a bit rushed too. Not sure why, just all felt small; A nice long end dungeon would have been great... Is this complaining? Or just an honest opinion ;).

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
    Your major problem is not a problem at all. I'm level 56 and i haven't gotten even 1 legendary so far. (I have enough mf) I don't care about the haters honestly.. haters gonna hate either way. I love the game and that's all that matters.
    Quote from ruksak

If you like it, you like it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't be here right now. Maybe it's just me, but I got better things to do than to frequent a fansite of a game I am displeased with.

I'm glad you said this.
    I often wonder why people would frequent a forum to say how unhappy they areto people they don't know, and most likely dislike. It makes absolutely no sense to me, whatsoever. Wouldn't you rather occupy your preciously limited time with something that brings you enjoyment, or are you so broken in life that you need to go bring people down who find pleasure out of something as simple as a product of entertainment...
    The only thing I dislike in this game is ressing during boss encounters. Other than that, this game is amazing !
    Quote from Leeodin

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Leeodin

For example; I wish gem names were a different colour; quite easy to miss them being white, as they blend in. This is a minor thing of course.

Remember D2 and high runes? I often wonder....how many zod runes were left on the ground throughout the history of the game? I have actually walked up on loot that dropped from myself or others and found Lo, Ist and Mal runes just laying there among the garbage.

I always wondered why HR's weren't brightly colored, considering their worth.
    Right now things are quite terrible over at the official forums. I really make an effert to avoid going there. People moan about the strangest things, rather than finding enjoyment out of what they have right now.

Think of it this way. If your memory is still functional, think back to D2, how it was, how insanely bland it actually was. Now remember how good it became when LOD wasrelease, how insanely fun it actually became. I hope the rumors of two D3 expansions are true, because in that case, the game will just get better, and the framework is already so very solid.
    Quote from Deventh

I'm level 56 and i haven't gotten even 1 legendary so far. (I have enough mf)

I think people are making a mistake with MF so early on. Concentrate on survivabilty and take what falls. Some of my greatest finds in my D2 career....I didn't even have MF...ZERO!

People need to understand the math here. In D2, 300% MF only increased your elite drops by a VERY marginal amount. I can't remember the numbers exactly, but it was something like...between 300% MF and 1000% MF, your chance of an elite drop went up by only 1 in 500.

People....take the MF off until you can cruise Hell mode with impunity. Than start switching in some MF gear.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes