But I figured we have a more mature and better community here on diablofans to discuss this (copied from the thread):
The current resurrection mechanic is fine for normal, but in higher difficulties, dancing around and resurrecting constantly in battle is silly. You should fear death in Inferno, not because it costs you a small amount of money, but because it might make you completely wipe and lose the whole encounter.
The current system just allows people to cheese their way through bosses in inferno, and it also lets you run around in higher difficulties without fear of dying at all, besides the slight damage to your wallet!
- make the rez time longer for each difficulty (say x2 for nightmare, x3 for hell, etc)
- make the rez casting cancel when you get hit (currently only cancels when you're stunned)
- make the enemy who killed you gain power
- disable rezing more than once (or x times) in inferno in a span of time (no spam rezing on one boss) [Ixir suggests 1 rez in inferno, 2 in hell, 3 for nightmare, etc per character]
- make the rez timer increase the more times you die in a row (yes, like WoW)
- rez players with little health and potion on cooldown [Prunetracy suggestion]
What do you guys think? Anyone else annoyed by the ease of jumping back into things mid battle, even in higher difficulties? Your ally's should have to finish clearing the mobs before saving you at least!
I don't like the idea of a longer cooldown to rez, nothing bugs me more than being back at my corpse and standing idle for a minute in WoW, because i've been camped by some random dude way higer level than me, I don,t want this to happen in D3 as well, but i'm in for the rez restriction