Oh joy, character wiped

Quote from Synyster

Yeah, that's smart. Lets flood blizzard with tickets. How about you just play the first 4-8 hours again, and let them fix what they need to fix. Everyone is so goddamn self important these days.

people losing all there achievement is something they 'need' to fix, it will only get worse if they dont fix it..

also its nothing about being "self important", its about getting what you have lost back.
    and playing the 4-8 hours again. not knwoing if it could happen again? no thx.
    i'm in absolute no rush about getting them back. but i want them back obvioulsy cause i earned them..
    This should really not be happening...feels like Blizz has been greedy with their 'gold'.
    You didn't really earn them. You really should read your ToS agreement. Blizzard owns all characters, items, and properties based in the game world. Blizzard could delete your character because they felt like it, and there is nothing you could do.
    Quote from Synyster

You didn't really earn them. You really should read your ToS agreement. Blizzard owns all characters, items, and properties based in the game world. Blizzard could delete your character because they felt like it, and there is nothing you could do.

why are we even having a discussion about it? losing charecters. items, acheivements, shouldn't happen.... *sigh*
    Crap now I'm pretty scared to log back into b.net after this downtime is over... man, I'll freak if my chars got wiped...
    It's not so much about the "wasted time" of losing a character I built up, but it's more about the attachment you get with your very first character ever made. I really don't want to lose that...
    That really sucks...
    I on the other hand, can't get any achievements
    I love how there's a news blackout on the front page, as if the server outages never happened, aside from a couple of small errors.

Diablofans - FANBOIS4LIFE! Keep trying!
    It's okay to flood them with tickets, go for it! The grunts who handle those have nothing to do with development or the servers, so feel free to keep them busy. They don't even work out of CA. ;)
    Quote from Multiply

Quote from Synyster

why are we even having a discussion about it? losing charecters. items, acheivements, shouldn't happen.... *sigh*

This! And what was said about attachment to your very first chararacter and accomplishing things for the first time.
    Just buy smth from real money AH (RAHM, right?) and then if you loose your char I don't think they will be able to easily mitigate it :) But is RAHM available already? (As my game didn't come yet...:( )
    Quote from Synyster

I hate these "I'm such a smart ass / read the ToS" comments. We've heard this before and we all know it.

That's only in the ToS to cover their ass. In order for them to give proper customer service they HAVE to treat stuff like we DO own it. All my times dealing with Blizzard customer service have been AMAZING, so they are great at it when they can do something.

The achievements we will NOT be getting back, but they will come with time.

A lost character IS an issue. they can do something about though.

PS - Have you checked the other servers to see if there are any characters there just in case?

Quote from rozmata

But is RAHM available already? (As my game didn't come yet... :( )

No, not for 1 week still.
    Yep, I was looking at my achievements and all the ones relating to defeating the Skeleton King are missing, even though I defeated him. Who knows what other achievements I've gotten that are missing as well? So weak!
    Quote from necro2607

Yep, I was looking at my achievements and all the ones relating to defeating the Skeleton King are missing, even though I defeated him. Who knows what other achievements I've gotten that are missing as well? So weak!

Same here, the last achievement I got was for defeating SK, now I've beat normal and started nightmare, but still no achievements.
    My character seems to have disapeared too (EU server). This is very annoying, I hope I can get it back. It's not cool at all.
    Chances are that u played on US or EU server. Change server in game and didn't close D3 and carried on playing. Today u finally restarted D3 and the server options changed to the EU or US u selected and now its working on the correct server. So your char u were playing with are on the wrong server. You can check this by changing the EU or US again, close D3 and launch it again.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes