World fastest 60 and european first 60

Quote from BombayMD

LOL, First to 60 means he can be CEO of a company... riiiiight.

No, beeing able to lead and to motivate people to help him with his goals and gathering 600.000 subscribers on his youtube channel does. In combination with having the analytical skills to come up with the best builds and tactics for the game.

For instance his first 85 he had the support of 40 players in order to do it. How many geeks do you know that can rally a full guild to rush 1 person to 85?
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from BombayMD

No, beeing able to lead and to motivate people to help him with his goals and gathering 600.000 subscribers on his youtube channel does. In combination with having the analytical skills to come up with the best builds and tactics for the game.

For instance his first 85 he had the support of 40 players in order to do it. How many geeks do you know that can rally a full guild to rush 1 person to 85?

Hangers-on and yes-men are worthless for anything other than a temporary self-esteem boost.
    Quote from drclawixp

Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from BombayMD

Hangers-on and yes-men are worthless for anything other than a temporary self-esteem boost.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now, ignoring his points.
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from BombayMD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
    Quote from ErU

Get real, folks, the diablo you all knew is dead, a few years ago i said right here in this forum that D3 had a pretty good chance of being blizzard first bust (i was flamed to death ofc), and what you know, its not even beta and its already looking that way.
    And the D3 community is silent.
    Quote from drclawixp

You're funny, try start a youtube channel and get to a hundred subs. =) I bet it's gonna take you a month. And if you can get the ball rolling, maybe you'll reach 2000 in a year?
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from drclawixp

You're funny, try start a youtube channel and get to a hundred subs. =) I bet it's gonna take you a month. And if you can get the ball rolling, maybe you'll reach 2000 in a year?

Thankfully, I'm confident enough in myself that I don't need thousands of anonymous losers telling me how awesome I am.
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from Pastorius

You're simply blinded by your own ignorance. You're treating a rush through a game as an accomplishment like mastering an instrument, getting a degree at something, or even mastering a video game for that matter. It's a rush; not a lot of skill involved, just a mentality. Or maybe you're saying that Athene is officially world's best WoW (and now d3) player?

The fact you're this impressed only says something about how high exactly your standards are. Also, the fact you think you can compare (anyone with) someone you don't know, reveals your simple process of thought.

Btw I totally agree that it's awesome he's raising money for charities with stunts like these, in my opinion that's a far greater achievement than actually being world's first.

The fact that you think what he does is simply rushing through a game is enough to tell me you have no idea what you're talking about.

The guy combines beeing a world class gamer with world class organizational skills and social skills. He didn't just boast that he was going to do it first, he did it. He raised money, he gathered support, he planned out the builds and the classes, coordinated the team play and tactics.

You could put him through the same ability tests as recruitment agencies use when recruiting world class CEO's and he'd score off the charts.

Like I said, you're just easily impressed.
    Quote from drclawixp

Thankfully, I'm confident enough in myself that I don't need thousands of anonymous losers telling me how awesome I am.

Confident in what?

That you're a good guy? Don't care.

That you're skilled? Maybe.

That you can do what he does? You're delusional.
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from drclawixp

Confident in what?

It's called self-confidence. I don't need the reassurance of thousands of yes-men to make me feel good about myself.
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from drclawixp

Confident in what?

Step back into the real world...
    /vote for a lock. Useless thread going nowhere.
    Quote from drclawixp

It's called self-confidence. I don't need the reassurance of thousands of yes-men to make me feel good about myself.

If you had any self-confidence at all you wouldn't feel the need to piss on someone elses accomplishment in the first place.

Taking your hat off and congratulating the winner is what we call good sportsmanship. Has nothing to do with beeing a yes-man or a hanger-on. He won, fair and square and yet you refuse to accept it. Doesn't come off as very confident to me.
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from drclawixp

If you had any self-confidence at all you wouldn't feel the need to piss on someone elses accomplishment in the first place.

Taking your hat off and congratulating the winner is what we call good sportsmanship. Has nothing to do with beeing a yes-man or a hanger-on. He won, fair and square and yet you refuse to accept it. Doesn't come off as very confident to me.

This

Not a real big fan of Athene but you have to respect the guy's tenacity to set a goal and get it accomplished. Like he said though, people with real self esteem that "dont care" about other's accomplishments generally don't take the time to point out that fact and piss all over someone else.

Reeks of petty jealousy and immaturity.
    Quote from BlackMarch

Quote from drclawixp

"He won"
    What did he win? This is the precise problem with your so called sportsmanship. You're saying that what he did is acknowledgeable, which is an opinion that can be disagreed upon by others (in this case many) as other people's terms of 'an accomplishment' may be totally different (also considering rushing to 60 is not an official goal/event/competition).
    You're saying the whole d3 community was out there to get first lvl 60, and all failed trying; crying over it now. You're saying that as long as a minimum of 1 person cares about it, it's worthwile, no, mandatory congratulating anyone. You're basically saying we should congratulate Hitler with his accomplishments in the thirties and fourties because he all beat us at his game; he won!
    I really, really hope you're not anti-Semitic.

inb4 Godwin's law
    Quote from Deventh

Quote from Leeodin

Not impressed but kool I guess.

I just don't get why...

4 years knowing, 10 years total waiting. Why rush it? I am at 16 hours; level 20 on two chars and both in the middle of Act 2.(Once solo and once with a mate). Just relaxing; exploring the map and having fun.

Seriously gratz to the dude but I don't get why people do this? I must be missing something I am sure.

Fame of course. They get more fans that way and they actually achieved something that normal people can't do.

I mean , I feel sorry for anyone who considers people who can sit 24 hours +- in front of their PC without sleeping and getting to level cap ,special. I mean yeah that's not normal ,that's quite ill.But hey it's his choice ,it shouldn't be admired though ... first level 60 ? Well good for him ,I haven't even started yet lol. It's a sad sad time we're living in.
    Quote from matejkuchar264

Quote from Deventh

Quote from Leeodin

Not impressed but kool I guess.

I just don't get why...

4 years knowing, 10 years total waiting. Why rush it? I am at 16 hours; level 20 on two chars and both in the middle of Act 2.(Once solo and once with a mate). Just relaxing; exploring the map and having fun.

Seriously gratz to the dude but I don't get why people do this? I must be missing something I am sure.

Fame of course. They get more fans that way and they actually achieved something that normal people can't do.

I mean , I feel sorry for anyone who considers people who can sit 24 hours +- in front of their PC without sleeping and getting to level cap ,special. I mean yeah that's not normal ,that's quite ill.But hey it's his choice ,it shouldn't be admired though ... first level 60 ? Well good for him ,I haven't even started yet lol. It's a sad sad time we're living in.

^This, but while-trying-to-make-people-realize-this-themselves-without-being-so-direct.
    Though I pity you for having not yet started since it's such an amazing game ;-)
    ATHENE IS A F#$%ING TOOL! He didn't do it by himself. HE DID NOT GET WORLD FIRST 60! He got world first 60 playing with other people and having other gamers donate gold and gear to help with leveling.
    http://www.youtube.c...d2-Oy51BE#t=84s

He didn't do this by himself. He did it with three other people, and had other people donate gold and gear HE DIDN'T EARN! He cheated. At most that GROUP of people got lvl 60 NOT HIM!

ATHENE IS A BITCH!
    People get over it -.- world first was his choice, deal with it.

I really hope you will act the same Way when a team clears Inferno.
    By the way, it wasn't a fair playing field considering server downtimes due to issues with launch. I personally don't care about being the first to lvl 60 because in order to do so, you have to rush, which defeats the purpose of the game. But to claim an achievement he didn't earn and not on an even playing field is just bullshit. It's not honorable at all no matter how long he sat in a chair.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes