This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

The Big Install/Update Issues/Errors Thread

Anybody who is successfully installed can you tell me how big the d3 folder is? Mine is 7.8gb---I thought it was supposed to be 12 or 15gb or somethign?

I had an mpq error, deleted everything, re-downloaded the client from battle.net account, and ran that, and now my program folder is 7.8gb and runs to the login screen, played intro cinematic with leah and cain, etc.

Thanks!
    edit: Accidentally pressed on firefall folder right next to d3, ur amount is correct.
    Quote from Rorinn

I had an mpq error, deleted everything, re-downloaded the client from battle.net account, and ran that, and now my program folder is 7.8gb and runs to the login screen, played intro cinematic with leah and cain, etc.

Thanks!

Mine has 7.8GB too and i also have login screen and movies/itntro. I wonder if that 7.8GB is what it should be as installer was asking ~15GB space.
    yeah exactly, the installer asking for 15g is what is throwing me off.....hope I'm all set to play tonight....

Quote from xMantasx

Quote from Rorinn

Thanks!

Mine has 7.8GB too and i also have login screen and movies/itntro. I wonder if that 7.8GB is what it should be as installer was asking ~15GB space.
    Everything installs to 100%. Click Play and then it just sits there at LAUNCHING... below the update bar. I've force quit agent.exe as well as Blizzard Launcher.exe, rebooted, etc. and still can't get beyond this. Any assistance would be welcome.
    The Downloader and Installer really start to piss me off. For the 4th time the downloader failed to convert the Installer Tome 2.MPQE.part into the just mpqe, so i reran it, let him check it, just to find out that he deleted the Installer Tome 2.MPQE.part, leaving me to dl it again. over 4 gb.... really cool -.-
    Anyone knows how to fix it? 5 Hours to release and i think when i get there i got no nerves left :)

Had nearly everything up until now, downloader failing to complete at 99%(yeah its the new downloader from the blizz post) Downloader Failing to Check the game files at all. Installer talking about a non existent installdisc... just suxx.
    I started the install about 11:35a EDT without issue. It ran fine, updated and installed normally. Got to see the opening cinematic and now ready to play -- LET ME IN! :)
    Quote from Rorinn

yeah exactly, the installer asking for 15g is what is throwing me off.....hope I'm all set to play tonight....

Quote from xMantasx

Quote from Rorinn

Thanks!

The installer folder you download is 7.6 GB, once that is complete and you run the install, the actual game folder is 7.8 GB. So you will need ~15GB to fit them both.
    Quote from Gealic

Quote from Rorinn

Quote from xMantasx

Quote from Rorinn

Thanks!

The installer folder you download is 7.6 GB, once that is complete and you run the install, the actual game folder is 7.8 GB. So you will need ~15GB to fit them both.

Someone else suggested the same to me, and when i entered the actual game folder it looks like ...\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs are just smaller version of Tome 2.MPQE and Installer Tome 3.MPQE from instaler, so basically just unpacked version.
    Thanks a lot for reply.
    Quote from DesmondTiny

When I start install it tells me my disc is bad when I don't even have the d3 disc, is there a way to solve this? I'm not sure why it is telling me this.

got the same problem and dont know either how to fix it
    Quote from Naiko187

Quote from DesmondTiny

When I start install it tells me my disc is bad when I don't even have the d3 disc, is there a way to solve this? I'm not sure why it is telling me this.

got the same problem and dont know either how to fix it

Maybe try running downloader again, to see if you don't have old version. There was an update of downloader like one or two days ago. Than try installing again.
    Im getting error (in the log file) 0x13370001

the downloader crashes after checking

tried getting fresh downloader, turning off firewall etc (tho downloader still thinks there in one on)

on win 7 64

any one had this ?
    Quote from Rorinn

Anybody who is successfully installed can you tell me how big the d3 folder is?

For anyone running Mac OS X (I'm using 10.6.8), the D3 folder is 8.47GB. The installer folder itself was 8.16GB. Installer also noted it wanted at least 15GB (presume its done just for added space insurance). Able to launch the app, get to the login screen, and watch up to the "Cain Lives" cinematic (unlocked since I didn't delete the preferences file from the open beta).
    Solving the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians. while I am playing.
    I'm on a Mac with Lion 10.7.4. The game installed beautifully with no issues! I can confirm the size is 8,4gb so I guess we are ready to burn hell!!!
    Quote from Nightmare13

The installer was unable to read the file "Diablo III/Diablo III.app/Contents/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg".

On Mac OS X. Anyone know why this is happening?

Sounds like an installation permission issue. When you launched Diablo III Setup, did it prompt you for your administrative password? The entire Diablo III folder (and enclosed contents) are owned by "system". I didn't install mine into the default /Applications/Diablo III folder though. I pointed it to another disk where I keep my non-Apple applications.
    Solving the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians. while I am playing.
    After 3 Hours of Installing the first challenge diablo put in my way is done thanks to the registry deleting stuff ^^
    same here... tome 2 0KB, tome 2.part 4.115.295KB, i tried renaming, i tried redownload of installer, still same error, i have low speed to redownload 4gb :(
    Was the US Installer updated as well?

Am I fucked?

I had to restart the download, I guess that I originally closed the Blizzard Downloader too early. If I download this shit for six plus hours and the Installer doesn't work I am going to be right fucking pissed. It's weird because my friend just started to download the Installer and his download is apparently 8.1GB. Mine is only 7.6GB. Why would that be?
    Jurassic World – 2015
    Where do i begin to install it at? I bought the CE... will i be able to install it early? i can't find the installer on the D3 page.
    The only problem I have with the installer is that it's stuck at 69% ALL THE TIME. It NEVER EVER gets past 69%. It's like it wants to stay at 69% forever and ever and ever. And nobody else seems to have the same problem like me. I don't know what to do. It's one hour left and I know I'll be missing out thanks to a shitty bullshit installer that can't even install correctly. Fuck this.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes