See the Queen or play Diablo III....?

Quote from tuzvihar

"When a man makes a decision, he opens the door he wants and closes the doors he doesn’t want. He locks onto his target like a guided missile. There’s no guarantee he’ll reach his target, and he knows this, but he doesn’t need such guarantees. He simply enjoys the sense of inevitability that comes from pushing the launch button.
    A man doesn’t require the approval of others. He’s willing to follow his heart wherever it leads him. When a man is following his heart-centered path, it’s of little consequence if the entire world is against him.
    A man who claims his #1 commitment in life is his relationship partner (or his family) is either too dishonest or too weak to be trusted. His loyalties are misplaced. A man who values individuals above his own integrity is a wretch, not a free thinker."

hahaha

wait i'm a bit confused...

i think his target is to marry this girl (i bet he opened that door way before he learned that d3 is launching) and from the quote and his post he is following his heart...

but

putting this girl as a #1 commitment is actually saying that he is a wretch and is dishonest and too weak to be trusted?

i like the site and the quote... i'm just baffled at your choice of quotes
    why anyone would want to see the president, or the queen, or any other form of leader is beyond me. if obama was walking down my street, i'd be watching tv. seeing someone like doesnt change anything in your life other than to brag you were thousands of feet from them. woohoo....
    (this build was before D3 launched... looking back on it now - i had no idea what i was doing)
    Quote from Othniel

hahaha

wait i'm a bit confused...

i think his target is to marry this girl (i bet he opened that door way before he learned that d3 is launching) and from the quote and his post he is following his heart...

but

putting this girl as a #1 commitment is actually saying that he is a wretch and is dishonest and too weak to be trusted?

i like the site and the quote... i'm just baffled at your choice of quotes

Take everything with a grain of salt. :) I don't say you have to follow everything as advised, but still you can learn something.

I still consider a play from 00:00 to 03:00 and like 17:00 to forever and visiting the Queen inbetween a WIN-WIN situation.

I also value IRL >>> any game, especially if a loved one is in question.
    Tell her to go with friends and take pictures for you later. I personally wouldn't go see the queen even if D3 wasn't releasing and I had nothing better to do, just no interest in it at all. If the Queen wanted to come over to my place and have tea and crumpets that would be a different story.

I guess I don't see any good reasons to gather in a large group to catch a glimpse of some one who is only famous because they are rich and have a family history of being tyrants.
    Quote from SnowBro191

Tell her to go with friends and take pictures for you later. I personally wouldn't go see the queen even if D3 wasn't releasing and I had nothing better to do, just no interest in it at all. If the Queen wanted to come over to my place and have tea and crumpets that would be a different story.

I guess I don't see any good reasons to gather in a large group to catch a glimpse of some one who is only famous because they are rich and have a family history of being tyrants.

I agree. Personally, I don't care to see her at all. I do care about my partner caring though, so I'll do what makes her happy.

Gotta love Queenie, though. And Phillip, hoping to overhear him make some socially inappropriate remark/joke
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    Quote from ElKapitan

I was half joking when I made the post. I, of course, will do whatever makes her happy.

I'd do it as following: I, of course, will do whatever makes me and her happy.
    Good old Bromley.... Ashford man here
    Quote from ElKapitan

Quote from SnowBro191

I agree. Personally, I don't care to see her at all. I do care about my partner caring though, so I'll do what makes her happy.

Gotta love Queenie, though. And Phillip, hoping to overhear him make some socially inappropriate remark/joke

Well try to have fun I guess. I'm not sure how much enjoyment can really be had but I guess it is a once in a life time experience (especially considering how old the hag is lol). You seem to be wise in the way of girlfriends, I'm going to assume you've witnessed her mad enough times to realize not to make her mad again :P
    Who cares about the the queen XD
    Quote from tuzvihar

Quote from ElKapitan

I was half joking when I made the post. I, of course, will do whatever makes her happy.

I'd do it as following: I, of course, will do whatever makes me and her happy.

One leads to the other. The actual act of making her happy isn't what makes me happy; her actually being happy does.
    Semantics, though, is ghey, so I'll move on.

Seems I'm alone in having potential problems with my Day 1 gaming. I was so excited to have the day off...but alas
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    How is playing this game on launch day any different from playing it on any other day? Except maybe that there's lag and disconnections on launch day. "Have you skipped real life duties to play games?" is one of the questions in gaming addiction forms.
    Quote from abu11

How is playing this game on launch day any different from playing it on any other day? Except maybe that there's lag and disconnections on launch day. "Have you skipped real life duties to play games?" is one of the questions in gaming addiction forms.

As I posted earlier, the OP was half in jest. However, I won't lie and say the change to my plans didn't leave me disappointed
    i'm playing at the launch date though when i told that to my gf she really wanted to come and watch.... the thing is, i'll be playing with my friends and you know how gamers are when they're together playing something they really love (like diablo). i just don't want her to be out of place (we're all gonna be in the same room. that chat box won't be used cause we'll be shouting at each other anyway).

i am planning to make it up to her though
    What is with playing from 00:00 to 03:00 and then again from 17:00 and visiting the Queen inbetween? That would both make you and your fiancee happy.
    Lol, the Queen of England, the King visited my little town and I didn't even care, I had nothing to do.
    Quote from Avernum

Feel really sorry for countries who didn't get rid of monarchy properly like french did :)
    Actually the french people i work with are very jelous of our monarchy,and the Americans spend more money touring round London looking at all things Royal than they spend on any other type of vacation(outside the US).

Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.

My girlfriend is making me go with her in a time machine to see Queen the band, I really wish I didn't have to go.
    Quote from ElKapitan

So we all know what Tuesday 15th March 2012 shall bring to us and I'm sure many of us are looking forward with moist anticipation to the arrival of our beloved game. So was I. I found out my new computer was being delivered early, on Monday 14th instead of Thurs, and my work schedule changed so I was off on Tuesday.

Unfortunately the Queen (yes, the Queen of England) is visiting my home town linky] and my fiancee really wants to go. I, however, do not.
    It struck me, as I contemplated either missing the first day of Diablo III or seriously upsetting the woman I plan to marry, that the decision to either meet the Queen or slay demons and the undead is one that not many people would have had to make up til this point in history.

Anyone else having any issues with playing Day 1 or any tips on how to avoid this sticky situation?

I'm going to tell you a quick story sir, about a man who came into a game store called "Chips" my friend was the manager there.

A guy walk's in with 4 broken WoW Disks and put's them down on the counter, my friend asks "What the hell am I supposed to do with these?" the man replies "The wife said it's me or the game"

Now I leave it up to you to decide..
    LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL? - Never trust a man, whom when left in a room with a tea cosey, does not try it on.
    Quote from varox

My girlfriend is making me go with her in a time machine to see Queen the band, I really wish I didn't have to go.

dude, you have to freakin go. diablo 3 can wait.
    Quote from varox

I'd buy the time machine at any price
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes