(Spoiler) Diablo III - Achievements

Quote from Maerlimi

Butcher Inferno in 2 minutes
    The Butcher has 18M on Inferno.
    Dps required? 150k

Ya, but also:
    Stunning Reversal - Kill the Butcher while he is stunned by his own charge attack on Nightmare difficulty or higher.

so, I am guessing he will take like 300%+ dmg while stunned
    Quote from sequelator

Quote from Maerlimi

Butcher Inferno in 2 minutes
    The Butcher has 18M on Inferno.
    Dps required? 150k

Ya, but also:
    Stunning Reversal - Kill the Butcher while he is stunned by his own charge attack on Nightmare difficulty or higher.

so, I am guessing he will take like 300%+ dmg while stunned

I was thinking something like that.

I wonder if there is some kind of mechanic to help bring Azmodan and Diablo down aswell. They have way too much health. 30 minutes fight? I bit too much isn't it.

Btw, out of curiosity i counted the achievs listed. 249 acheivs. There are some that weren't listed (they weren't visible enough) and some achievs will award 20, 25, 50 points. I would expect over 3k achievement points total.
    Hunter or Hunted - Kill 100,000 demons.

Well I imagine that one may take a while.
    Quote from Crysto37

Does this achievements mean something else beside showoff ?

Nope the only thing that some achievements give you are banner decour. Its bragging rights only and doesn't benefit your ingame character in the slighest.
    Reach 60 with 10 Characters, reach 60 with 2 barbs etc.. Oh man, what for?
    You can reskill anytime, "rerune" anytime, reequip.. What for 2 same classes on 60?
    Mess with the best, die like the rest

hardcore and softcore 60s, googogo!
    Quote from deleo

hardcore and softcore 60s, googogo!

Ah ok, would make sense :)
    Mess with the best, die like the rest

Killing some monster with pinky stuff will be a praised achievement. Who will dare do that ? ;p
    Punch QCtDiaE7blo - PuncheDN7 Diablo606K.

Thanks Aranoch for the sig!
    Quote from Gazziwa

Disappointment... Achievements all combined together shows that the game can be completed in just 4 hours.

In D2 You could finish whole game on normal in 15 min while rushing, so 4 hours is pretty impressive anyway
    I cant wait to "PUNCH DIABLO"!!!! :doh: But hey if blizzard wants it i will comply!! :lol:
    I posted this in the other thread too, but Tyreal's conversation achievment seems awfully telling: "Its Just Us" - From just that it seems like we can infer with a decent amount of certainty that We rescue Tyreal from the Cathedral (or somehwere), Leah gets currpted (Not around any more) and Cain Dies (Not around any more), thus making it Just your Hero, and Tyreal. "Its Just Us"
    Quote from Gazziwa

Disappointment... Achievements all combined together shows that the game can be completed in just 4 hours.

So could the 4 acts of diablo II also, so nothing to be dissapointed about!
    Also, that is only if you rush through all of it, without any random dungeons and shit ;)
    under All challenges: punch diablo..

This made me lol so hard! bitchslapping him lmao...
    Hrm, I figured there would be token achievements such as, "Complete Act 1", "Complete the game on normal difficulty". Given blizzards achievement structure in other games.
    There is in the guide, idk why they aren't listed here. Stuff like kill X on Y mode with Z class.
    The addition of achievements really added a lot to the excitement about the game for me. Let's admit it, a lot of what makes Diablo fun is bragging rights... whether it be your level, gear, etc. So this is just one more thing to strive for and show your buddies. Fun, too!
    Quote from Molster

Diablo III - Achievements
    We have rounded up every single achievement we could. It should be noted that this list does NOT include progression achievements, but still contains a great deal of spoilers.

All -Ob0bF General
    • ScaLvenger - Pick up 10,000 gold.
    • Spare ChaiDnge - K!)PicrtUk up 50,000 gold.-
    • Mo63&%neybags - Pick up 1q2i)0D0,0#_JID0fz!0 gQ6fSo0Thvvld.L
    • De)eK_jp Pock^Ih_9etkcWys #- hyVUPick up 500,000 gold.
    • Sta@T4ying Gold - PickAU3mN up 1,000@i,000 gol(Euqd.
    • Alg&l That Glitters a*k- Pick up 5,000,000 gold.G
    • Supoils oE!66sf Wadr - Pick up 10%4B,0Gg10@0,000 goldOL#G3.
    • T82he One Percent - Pick up 100,000,gT0v00 gold.c8TU
    • CVhWAkvnrmed toKqKwc the 88OTeeth - EquiJp alZa9l inventoryQy slots with items that have a min021kSimum required level of 25 or lh0thiP@^ghGCer.
    • P9Krep45HCared fkor Battle - EUquip alP2eKl inB5dsbventory slots*M_ c3with itemsyeF that havte a m_inimum required@ le!vvel of 60p# or higher.
    • The Comfort ^wrE1of Strf4updangersrikW - Recruit the Templar, ScoundrelxBho, and EnchantresxRws.3QH
    • Breanb42mking Not So Bad - Use a mer2eo!chant tp_o re!g^W#paix!8r an item.

All - General - Conver(sations
    • The A(*ejrt of Conversation XY0MT- CompletXaw00e the main character, foltKnloZ#mwer, and a^rtisan conversation aWrNTOchievements listed bZIjelow.
    • N^now I've Hez#T2ard cAEverythi0XS2ng - Cml@Wompleteu_H^ the main chara7@cter conversation achievements li!zgU2stz-Ved below.
    • DirtyW90 Liv%DCttlsekP$bz Secraets - Compkleph#Kte the folzv3xlower conAversation achievoAbe@em63MXents listed below.
    • Talkzvr T_JZis Cheag#kMp, FriendsFL Are Pricele^uto6ss - Com&0c2Aplete-VD1 q2X2the artisan coLcjnversation achievements lisRkHCvted below.w!I
    • For the Order - Lis(hirten toFGO)A all of the Tem4AVplar's conversam6m-tiJons.
    • To Catch a ThiefSK- o- ListenYy!iN to all of thhe Sc2*oundrelhMQR's conversatioa#Rns.
    • Secret of thEzfe ZAgefyf(Xs - Listen to allqT%J ofdxk the Enchantress's conversations.
    • Hassling9%g Haedrig - Liste#vWn to all of the Blacksmith's convesPTd8rs2eHrations.
    • Everybody LoveO65s Shen - Listen toi53 all of the JRVx(eHweler's conversations.
    • Stay AwpOWhileY a2cWnd Listen - Liste*lKn to all of Dec1smC&kardoG_ Caewv2Cin's conversat^wions.
    • More than SP5it(Lories - L$udisten to aNQll of Leah's conver^Ssations.
    • It's Just Us - Listen to #all iof Tyfrael's co^jnvFIcaersationL$I4fs.
    • Bew5M4cVitchzFTed - Listen to all of Adrw)ZYia's convePrsations.wd
    • SalesJw aH_rNUnd Tales - LisV4ZteNJGYUn to all of the town merchants' conversat!ions.
    Etc, etc.

cD

Lol, I know that I won't sleep anymore. Damn Blizzard. :D
    Not all achievements are equal, and just because something's listed as an achievement doesn't make it easy.

Some are certainly very easy, like hitting level 10, while others are definitely not, like killing DIablo in Inferno difficulty on a hardcore character.

Where the speed runs fall on the easy/hard scale really depends on area size and luck (like picking the right tomb in act 1 for the Skeleton King's crown). Since there's no set difficulty tied to the speed run achievements, you could certainly do them in a decked out level 60 character on normal.

Also, it's worth pointing out that there's some legitimate solo speed run videos of Diablo 2 normal mode completed under one hour starting from level one. There's also a video of a full clear from normal to hell also starting at level one done in a bit over 4 hours. Does that mean that Diablo 2 is easy? Or that most players clear the game that quick solo?
    Quote from Mikee44

Hrm, I figured there would be token achievements such as, "Complete Act 1", "Complete the game on normal difficulty". Given blizzards achievement structure in other games.

Yeah I was expecting these to be in this list too, if anything just to give a better sense of how many achievements there are. Also this doesn't include feats of strength I don't think and it would be cool to figure out what some of those are (beating the unicorn level perchance?)

Along the same lines I was expecting some sort of meta achievements like we saw in the Beta (Betamaxed, Ironheart, Overachiever). Maybe like "Beat the game with this class/all the classes" "Get all the classes to lvl 60" "Get all the achievements in [particular section]" I'm sure those types of achievements will be in there I would just like to see them in the list because I'm OCD like that. But Ig uess we're less than 18 or so hours away so it doesn't really matter anyway :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes