• 23 8.1%
  • 22 8.8%
  • 21 7.4%
  • 19 - 20 8.1%
  • 17 - 18 4%
  • 15 - 16 0.4%
  • 11 - 14 0%
  • 0 - 10 0%

Poll: What other Diablo games have you played?

Diablo 3 - Detailed Player Age Spread

What other Diablo games have you played? - Multiple Choice

• Didn't play either 0.7% of Users - 3 votes
  • Diablo 2 58.4% of Users - 267 votes
  • Diablo 1 40.9% of Users - 187 votes
    How do you answer if you haven't played D1 or D2?
    29, and played d1/hellfire/d2/lod.
    Blizzard has obviously done extensive research on this topic and my guess is their target audience is most likely college students... Biggest reasoning for their summer release
    I'll be 39 in July, so basically if Diablo 3 lasts as long as Diablo 2 did, I'll still be playing it at the ripe old age of 50!

Although I should point out that my dad is 74 (also in July), and while he doesn't play the game itself, he likes the story. In fact, he's more excited for the release than I am!
    Peter Alexander Dzomlija Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as you die, so shall I be Reborn...
    Quote from Dzomlija

I'll be 39 in July, so basically if Diablo 3 lasts as long as Diablo 2 did, I'll still be playing it at the ripe old age of 50!

Although I should point out that my dad is 74 (also in July), and while he doesn't play the game itself, he likes the story. In fact, he's more excited for the release than I am!

That's pretty rad! does he read the books then?
    Quote from Zanmato

Quote from Dzomlija

That's pretty rad! does he read the books then?

Yes, he does, and he loves them! I got him "The Book Of Cain" as an early birthday present.

He was actually disappointed that the "Diablo Wrath" video was only 6 minutes. More like a trailer, really.
    Peter Alexander Dzomlija Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as you die, so shall I be Reborn...
    I have played Diablo 1 at playstation back then when i was just a little kid (9-10 years old....yeah...my parents never bothered what games i was playing back then :P).I didnt like it bback then cause it was too complicated for me(plus the psone version was WAAAAY inferion from the one of the PC).Then the year have passed and Diablo II came along.Since i ahve heard from sooo many friends of mine how awesome was it i told myself to give it a shot.And boy,i am RLY glad i listened to them :-).Btw,i am 22 years old
    I have played Diablo 1 at playstation back then when i was just a little kid (9-10 years old....yeah...my parents never bothered what games i was playing back then :P).I didnt like it bback then cause it was too complicated for me(plus the psone version was WAAAAY inferion from the one of the PC).Then the year have passed and Diablo II came along.Since i ahve heard from sooo many friends of mine how awesome was it i told myself to give it a shot.And boy,i am RLY glad i listened to them :-)
    Quote from Spleef

Blizzard has obviously done extensive research on this topic and my guess is their target audience is most likely college students... Biggest reasoning for their summer release

Though it is a good window to hit for a release, I wouldn't say it was a long-term strategy. It's more of a side-effect from not being able to release it last winter.

Overall, I'm not really too surprised by the median age of players, since D1 and D2 were successful. People don't mind trying sequels if the prior releases enticed them into having a good, memorable time. B.Net had a big part in this as well because of multiplayer, but also the demographic for gamers in general is changing. Playing videogames isn't something you necessarily grow out of anymore, and along with the social acceptance towards playing games, we will see the average age raise to high twenties/low thirties for big releases.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    25 here, sir. Ready to roll out..
    26, Diablo 1 was the first PC game I ever played at a friend's house. Started my PC gaming from there and never looked back.
    29 myself! but no 0-16 years old... surprising that there is not a single one ;)

Edit: 15-16 -> 0-16
    21, and I've played both D1 and D2 with various mods.
    ..That's what she said.
    You guys make me feel young. I'm 22 and I've only played Diablo 2 :)
    Guess i'm 1 of the youngest with the age of 18, and i already got people complaining "still gaming at ur age ? " wonder how u guys are doing it :o
    24, apparently same age as most of the people who has voted thus far :)

Played Diablo 1 and 2.

Quote from TjinTjin

Guess i'm 1 of the youngest with the age of 18, and i already got people complaining "still gaming at ur age ? " wonder how u guys are doing it :o

There's always been people complaining. But if you still like gaming you can keep doing it as long as you have the time for it. Got loads of friends that still play games. But the funniest part is, many of the non-gamer friends I have are making a comeback with Diablo 3 (since everyone loved Diablo 2)! :D
    Turning 17 next week but for now, the only 15-16 :) Played D2 way too much. D1 won't run on win7 for me.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes