Monster hp/dmg increase per player new info?

Ramp Up Per Additional Player:
    Description | Normal | NM | Hell | Inferno
    Monster HP Increase Per Additional Player | 75% | 85% | 95% | 110%
    Monster XP Increase Per Additional Player | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
    Monster DMG Increase Per Additional Player | 0 | 5% | 10% | 15%

Someone posted this on the official forum, i dunno if it's true, but if so, every extra player in inferno increases mob hp 110% and damage 15%. So in a 4 player game mobs have 440% hp and 60% more dmg?
    This is consistent with their initial reasons for going with a 4 player cap, something along the lines of:

"We didn't like that you got 1-shot in an 8 player game in D2".

Also, from the beta, the hp increase was definitely more noticeable than anything.
    "She's an absolute. Why just this last week I was. Ok look. I'm. Just take my advice." -Ungrien
    Wouldn't surprised me if this is true, i don't mind it being true either, the more challenging the better.
    I'd be inclined to take it with a pinch of salt, but it seems pretty reasonable to me.
    And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Emmo#2406
    In the reddit article the guy said that the strat guide listed

Diablo on Inferno as having 76,499,000 HP.

So you're saying he'd have 328,945,700 in a 4 player game? Dear Lord!

Quote from DiabloSin

Someone posted this on the official forum

Unless i see a blue post on it, I'm calling this shenanigans. Seriously, it's highly unlikely that they would make the game more than 100% more difficult with each new person that joined. And 110% hp, 15% damage for the fourth people joining? People would not want a fourth player with an increase in difficulty that steep... in fact, I think that a change such as this would make far more people consider playing only solo...

75% hp increase flat might be slightly too little, but it makes far more sense than this "new system."
    That's not from the forum. It's actually from the limited edition strategy guide..It's on the forum because they got it from the reddit article.
    Quote from Red_Panda

That's not from the forum. It's actually from the limited edition strategy guide..It's on the forum because they got it from the reddit article.
    Quote from DiabloSin

Someone posted this on the official forum, i dunno if it's true, but if so, every extra player in inferno increases mob hp 110% and damage 15%. So in a 4 player game mobs have 440% hp and 60% more dmg?

so this means people will have to carry MORE then just their weight in order for a co-op game in inferno to go faster than a single player. this just makes me now 100% sure im going to just play solo most of the time. sure the individual loot thing made it so being in co-op was completely pointless since the only person who got loot in a co-op game was the fastest clicker/going off on their own and stealing boss loot. and since loot % drop for better gear and more gear no longer increases per person def be better off MFing alone unless u have 3 veteran friends who are great who will also give you gear that drops.

and thinking of just a MOB (not boss) with 2m HP x440% and 170k dmg x60%.... no thanks brah
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Well if it's in the guide i guess it's confirmed then. It makes sense anyway, it makes 4 player games less of a roll over.
    Uhh I read that as, if there are four players, then HP is 110% more in the table, it as 1 2 3 4 so under row 4, monster have 110% more hp is what it looked like which also dosnt add up, but 440% is.. odd as well
    Quote from Scyldragon

Quote from DiabloSin

Someone posted this on the official forum

Unless i see a blue post on it, I'm calling this shenanigans. Seriously, it's highly unlikely that they would make the game more than 100% more difficult with each new person that joined. And 110% hp, 15% damage for the fourth people joining? People would not want a fourth player with an increase in difficulty that steep... in fact, I think that a change such as this would make far more people consider playing only solo...

75% hp increase flat might be slightly too little, but it makes far more sense than this "new system."

You're reading it wrong. Its not 110% hp and 15% for the 4th person. Its 110% hp 15% damage for EVERY person in INFERNO. Which is fine. People who will be grouping in inferno will be bringing group buffs/debuffs with them. Multiply that by 4, and you can start to understand why the need for the increase to 440% hp and the 60% added damage in a 4 person inferno game.
    Quote from Molster

Uhh I read that as, if there are four players, then HP is 110% more in the table, it as 1 2 3 4 so under row 4, monster have 110% more hp is what it looked like which also dosnt add up, but 440% is.. odd as well

It's 110% per additional player though. That means base 1.0 and 1.1 times three for a total of 4.3... or 430%..

I don't see why people are saying 4.4....If it's PER ADDITIONAL PLAYER and the base is 1.0, then you only get 3 1.1's, not four...O.o
    In Inferno that table says 1 player 100%. 2 players 210%. 3 players 320%. 4 players 430%.
    As opposed to normal: 1 player 100%. 2 players 175%. 3 players 250%. 4 players 325%.

Bit of a climb. Especially if they get 15% extra damage per extra player in Inferno.
    Emmo#2406
    Quote from Emmbrace

In Inferno that table says 1 player 100%. 2 players 210%. 3 players 320%. 4 players 430%.
    As opposed to normal: 1 player 100%. 2 players 175%. 3 players 250%. 4 players 325%.

Bit of a climb. Especially if they get 15% extra damage per extra player.

Thank you, thats what I was looking for

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Molster

It's 110% per additional player though. That means base 1.0 and 1.1 times three for a total of 4.3... or 430%..

I don't see why people are saying 4.4....If it's PER ADDITIONAL PLAYER and the base is 1.0, then you only get 3 1.1's, not four...O.o

But thats not how the table I saw was setup, which is why I was confused, the values in the table WERE the final results. but post above has more like what I saw
    Oh...the one on reddit that I saw just said per additional player and then listed the values by difficulty :x
    Quote from Red_Panda

Oh...the one on reddit that I saw just said per additional player and then listed the values by difficulty :x

Yeah I saw the reddit one too. I think the digital one is just setup a bit different. there are some screens of that around.

To where each row is the total amount after X players. instead of PER player
    this sounds great :D
    "If you don't have a TV, then what is all your furniture pointed at?"
    Well the result of the table this guy posted would be:

Normal
    # Players	 HP%	Damage%
    1		 100%   100%
    2		 175%   100%
    3		 250%   100%
    4		 325%   100%

Nightmare
    # Players	 HP%	Damage%
    1		 100%   100%
    2		 185%   105%
    3		 270%   110%
    4		 355%   115%

Hell
    # Players	 HP%	Damage%
    1		 100%   100%
    2		 195%   110%
    3		 290%   120%
    4		 385%   130%

Inferno
    # Players	 HP%	Damage%
    1		 100%   100%
    2		 210%   115%
    3		 320%   130%
    4		 430%   145%
    Emmo#2406
    Seems legit to me.

Gives me more hope about solo play being competitive to organized groups as well.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Epicurus
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes