World first 60 attempt!

Quote from Exeqtied3

Quote from Mostrup

Good luck to you guys! Cheering for you, since you're from Sweden, and I'm from Denmark. ;)

Personally, I'm going to be so slow at completing the game. Exploring every damn corner of every area and reading/listening to the whole NPC dialogue takes time.
    Thx a lot man! I love the story and will of coz do it all over again and just enjoy the story :)

Well the entire point of doing the "slow run" first, is that you will be able to enjoy the story more. When you guys gonna play the story all over again it will not be near as good, simply because you know whats next.
    And if I were to cheer for anyone it might as well be guys guys. :)
    But if I remember right isn't it something about Asia will get the game first? If that's the case you might wanna aim for EU first level 60.

(I like Athenes content, but I don't want him to win. I'm tired of this: "Athene the best gamer in the word" which he totally isn't)
    (I like Athenes content, but I don't want him to win. I'm tired of this: "Athene the best gamer in the word" which he totally isn't)

This.

I'm definately rooting for you guys, good luck! :)
    Quote from Beechsack

Fine. I'll directly answer your question.

Previous world firsts in games in the last 5 years were no streamed live. Just because a group is streaming their attempt live doesn't mean that another group is doing the same thing, but not streaming it.

Again, without a server side timestamp to PROVE who accomplished the task first, nobody can PROVE that they were in fact first. Therefore there will be endless arguments about it later that can never be resolved.

Ok, fair enough I guess. I suppose I just don't have any sympathy for someone who wants to argue that they were first but didn't want to do the work to provide proof of when it happened. The first person to stream live video of themselves hitting 60 is good enough for me. It's like someone claiming they ran a faster 100 meter dash than the world record holder. Maybe they did, but if they didn't care enough to get evidence of it, they aren't going to be considered the new record holder.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from tanis0
    Maybe they did, but if they didn't care enough to get evidence of it, they aren't going to be considered the new record holder.

Some records can be achieved in very very poor areas where you won't have the technologies to prove your achievement. I firmly believe that for every person that has a non-digital record, someone else in the world has done it better but isn't an attention whore.
    I wish I could make an attempt on the world first level 60, but I have things that sadly are more important than Diablo III (weird I know). Like a 8 hour a day job. :P
    Quote from Benegesserit

Quote from tanis0
    Maybe they did, but if they didn't care enough to get evidence of it, they aren't going to be considered the new record holder.

Some records can be achieved in very very poor areas where you won't have the technologies to prove your achievement. I firmly believe that for every person that has a non-digital record, someone else in the world has done it better but isn't an attention whore.

The kind of people who go for world firsts in video games ---ALWAYS BRAG ABOUT IT.

So comparisons cant be made =P
    World first 60 is pointless, especially considering not everyone gets to start at the same time. World first Inferno clear, that means a little more.
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    for he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    shall be my brother..."
    Race to 60? *yaaawwwnnnn*
    100% Bet you whoever gets to level 60 first uses a exploit/glitch.

Something like logging out at the right point then logging back in and resetting something and then bam exp...yadayadayada like in all early game releases hehe

ps: Totally support people going for it though

Pss: If i want a story ill read a book, I dont care for lore or opening every barrel, I prefer farming end game content so my upgrades actually matter so thats how ill be having my fun.
    Quote from Mac_an_tSaoir

World first 60 is pointless, especially considering not everyone gets to start at the same time. World first Inferno clear, that means a little more.

This.
    We should really talk about a US first and EU first. The 9 hours difference basicly mean eu will get 60 first, not guaranteed but i highly doubt a US player will get it first.

Inferno is another story.
    Quote from UberN00b

Good luck to all world-first attempts.

I really REALLY fail to see why Blizzard didn't put in world-first achievements for these things. I also fail to understand why there's no ladder. I, for one, enjoy the hell out of PvE competition. I don't see how it really changes the game for those that don't care about it. Meh, I guess the game can't be made to please everyone in every way, but I don't see any drawback to those things. *shrugs*...

Because the Diablo series is about the story in a single player game where co-op is encouraged. They simply want to make Diablo the best in this category. Concentrating too much on other things detracts from the main goal. Ladders were just an artificial way to encourage people to start fresh again due to a lack of higher level content. (level 99 players, mobs all of a much lower level, for example)
    Blizzard does not support this kind of gaming just cause of the fact that it aint healthy playing for 20+ hours straight. They have a game ideal for it and supporting that would be a lawsue waiting to happen.
    World first none fulltime streamers will be facing the accusation that many ppl have claimed Athene will be doing by playing multiple ppl on one account.
    So only "official" world first will be ppl who have streams and/or webcaster 1-60 that is why ppl like kripp have a shot at making Athene look bad by getting there before him. Its also the reason why these guys have a good shot at doing it.
    But sure some guy might find an abuse, glitch or some other bugto get 60 before.
    These guys will get there having fun pushing it to the limit but not over. I will commentating for them at some point, we will also have a chinese, french and swedish commentary.
    We will also have alot of laughs during the trip and we will get as much lore seen as possible and have some viewer challanges during the ride. Amongst other diablo prices there will be atleast one CE D3 sent to one of the viewers when we reach a certain viewer mark.
    Good Luck I guess! I do hope that you guys are playing on the Asian server otherwise there is like a 0% chance that you will get the world first. :3
    Swe ppl, Enemys ! =P haha gl :P
    Screw you guys, im going home, to enjoy the frickin game.
    Better achievements/feats should be designed then 1st to level cap, like we had in our old guild, such as "Healing Level: Cunning Linguist" where you have to heal while someone is practicing their "ahem" "Cunning Linguistincs" on you.
    Or "Tub raiding", where you had to do a whole raid in the bath (i had a table for my bath - was win, but kept having to stock up the hot water lol)

First to 60 seems very lame....
    OLSEN TWINS?! KILL!!
    There's another team also competing for this.

http://www.methodwow.com/board/content.php?193-Diablo-3-Inferno-World-First-Method-Activities

I think they are also European.

Wish you the best of luck. I'm stuck to a collector's edition that will be delivered later in the day :)
    Will be watching your stream, but honestly.. Do you think it's smart to stream it all? Athene will have watchdogs all over the place.

Free pro tip: bind hotkeys before you start. You can not change left and right mousebutton. A common and deadly mistake is to click a signature spell on a creep and miss it by an inch, you will start walking. A possibility is to use the force standstill (default shift) but my tip is to bind spells like that to other buttons and cooldown/support spells to shift mouseclick. This way you will avoid unnecesairy deaths and make sure your shift button remains intact untill the end ;)
    I'm racing to be the first lvl 60 monk that goes there while never wear a left ring.

wish me luck !

Oh, and I'm also racing to the first lvl 29 barb that uses only 2 buttons AND uses staves.

Crazy me.
    not to be rude or anything but dont think any1 will bother with watching ur stream ... either ppl will be playing the game / sleeping cos they have work or wouldnt want to get spoiled whole story by some1 like you (no offence) but waiting 10 years for a game & watching while some1 rushes through it just to get 60 is kinda pointless & stupid

so good luck on ur stream .. maby ull get 1 viewer if ur grandma has an int connection ;]
    >> I'm not a psychopath I'm a high-functioning sociopath
    First 60 and first Inferno clear is cool and all. But the real challenge is first HC 60 and first Inferno clear on HC.

Doing it first on normal is exactly what it sounds like. First on normal... You wanna beat it on hard mode.
    Quote from tanis0

Quote from Kildeer888

There could still be some random guy somewhere in the world sitting in his dark basement who got to 60 before a team streaming their progress.

There could also be a guy who biked the Tour de France course faster than last year's winner a week before the race. That doesn't mean it's likely to have happened. It'd take a monumental effort just to compete with people like Athene who have dedicated teams helping them, fans donating gear / gold, etc., let alone to beat them. If you were going to stay up for a week or more straight and put forth that kind of effort, you wouldn't livestream your victory to prove it? I find that hard to believe.

Well, Athene usually takes the "lame" way to get maxlevel imo.
    In Cata he got boosted by like 40 people while running around tagging mobs.
    Same thing in WotLK, but by "only" 4 other people, he was tagging the mobs, leaving the group and they killed them and so on.
    So he will probably win by using some lame/smart way to do it first.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes