World first 60 attempt!

I bet there will be a feat of strength for that.
    I doubt they'll add it just due to the nature of the RMAH.
    pretty sure it's region first only or who got through it the FASTEST (NOT first)...can't have a proper "first" contest with different server unlock times

Did people do this crap with Diablo 2?
    Quote from Youarefired

Quote from UberN00b

Good luck to all world-first attempts.

I really REALLY fail to see why Blizzard didn't put in world-first achievements for these things. I also fail to understand why there's no ladder. I, for one, enjoy the hell out of PvE competition. I don't see how it really changes the game for those that don't care about it. Meh, I guess the game can't be made to please everyone in every way, but I don't see any drawback to those things. *shrugs*...

They could just add it in the future, you never know. Even if they have said they didn't like it, they could still slap it on there if enough people want it. Just like dueling, I am 99% positive they'll add that someday, despite what their current thoughts on it are.

You clearly misunderstand the point of the ladder. It was always about the economy. It was never about PvE competition.
    Good luck to you guys! Cheering for you, since you're from Sweden, and I'm from Denmark. ;)

Personally, I'm going to be so slow at completing the game. Exploring every damn corner of every area and reading/listening to the whole NPC dialogue takes time.
    Good luck to you. What's with all the people saying you can't prove it? Why can't you? Whoever gets world first level 60 will be someone (and probably a team) dedicated to obtaining the world first -- it's not going to be some random guy who has no idea people are trying to get world firsts. If they are streaming their progress, it'll be obvious if they are first because nobody else will have yet done it on their own live feed.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from Mostrup

Good luck to you guys! Cheering for you, since you're from Sweden, and I'm from Denmark. ;)

Personally, I'm going to be so slow at completing the game. Exploring every damn corner of every area and reading/listening to the whole NPC dialogue takes time.
    Thx a lot man! I love the story and will of coz do it all over again and just enjoy the story :)
    Quote from tanis0

Good luck to you. What's with all the people saying you can't prove it? Why can't you? Whoever gets world first level 60 will be someone (and probably a team) dedicated to obtaining the world first -- it's not going to be some random guy who has no idea people are trying to get world firsts. If they are streaming their progress, it'll be obvious if they are first because nobody else will have yet done it on their own live feed.

Uh, ok.

One person could put up a YouTube video of themselves hitting 60, and a screenshot of their achievement page showing they got it the same day as someone else. No way to prove who got it first that day, ergo forum drama ensues!!

Meaningless.
    Quote from Beechsack

Quote from tanis0

Uh, ok.

One person could put up a YouTube video of themselves hitting 60, and a screenshot of their achievement page showing they got it the same day as someone else. No way to prove who got it first that day, ergo forum drama ensues!!

Meaningless.
    Timestamps?
    A nice concept, I wish you luck and I'll be sure to be there when you ding 60.
    Quote from Exeqtied3

Timestamps?

On what? The in game achievements in the beta didn't have timestamps. Just dates acquired. Exactly like all the WoW achievements.

Video timestamps are easy to fake.

The only place where it's possible to know who got to 60 first would be a timestamp in the D3 database on the Battle.net servers. Blizzard is not implementing any way to show that data, therefore it's impossible to know with certainty who achieved level 60 first, therefore it's impossible to prove a world first claim.
    Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Exeqtied3

Timestamps?

On what? The in game achievements in the beta didn't have timestamps. Just dates acquired. Exactly like all the WoW achievements.

Well, beta is beta... They also said there wont be any feat of strength then BOOM.
    Quote from Exeqtied3

Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Exeqtied3

Timestamps?

Well, beta is beta... They also said there wont be any feat of strength then BOOM.

If you think they're going to add achievement timestamps after explicitly saying they're not going to support world first type achievements, then keep on believing that I guess.

I wish you guys the best of luck in your runs.

Just be prepared to argue with other people who will claim FIRST!!
    Quote from Beechsack

Quote from tanis0

Uh, ok.

Meaningless.

Hmm. I thought I was clear, but apparently I wasn't. When I say "streaming," I'm talking about live video. Anyone making a serious attempt at a world first is probably going to stream it live as it happens. Even if they don't, timestamps exist and it's fairly trivial to see which video went up first. Especially since there'll be posts all over this site and others when it happens or when it's about to happen.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from tanis0

Quote from Beechsack

Quote from tanis0

Uh, ok.

Meaningless.

Hmm. I thought I was clear, but apparently I wasn't. When I say "streaming," I'm talking about live video. Anyone making a serious attempt at a world first is probably going to stream it live as it happens. Even if they don't, timestamps exist and it's fairly trivial to see which video went up first. Especially since there'll be posts all over this site and others when it happens or when it's about to happen.

Prove that the YouTube video someone posts wasn't recorded before you hit it on your livestream.

You can't.
    Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Exeqtied3

Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Exeqtied3

Timestamps?

If you think they're going to add achievement timestamps after explicitly saying they're not going to support world first type achievements, then keep on believing that I guess.

Diabloprogress will be one of the best sites to prove it, they will have timestamps..
    Quote from Exeqtied3

Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Exeqtied3

Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Exeqtied3

Timestamps?

Diabloprogress will be one of the best sites to prove it, they will have timestamps..

Diabloprogress has no way to do so.

No character based API yet exists. They have no data to query. They cannot prove anything.
    Quote from Beechsack

Prove that the YouTube video someone posts wasn't recorded before you hit it on your livestream.

You can't.

Ok, I'll concede the video point. However, do you seriously think that someone putting forth the amount of time and effort necessary to beat dedicated teams of professional gamers to a world first isn't going to stream that live?
    There are only so many "legit" groups going for first 60. Those "legit" groups will be streaming. A "random" group isn't going to get first 60. Therefore, the streamers will be able to prove it and it will be legit. Also, if someone is going to go through the work for first 60, then they are obviously going to want to be able to prove it, so they would be streaming (at least the end), etc. 'Nuff said.
    Quote from Youarefired

Good luck. I am not for world firsts at all in this game, but to those who are, have fun. I just hope you beat all the attention whore "youtube celebs".

My words. I don't care to wf's, but i do respect what you're doing. Real players, planned this for months, will play together on a healthy 16-20hours per day journey. I wish you the best and hope real diablo players like you beat the hell out of our known youtube-whores.

But be careful. You may do pretty well and still lose to this fucking shit called Athene. Why? As usual he recruited an army of followers to help he play nonstop. While he sleeps there will be nerds playing his character and moving forward. He's also prob playing on chinese servers to get world first no matter what, so you guys can expect him or an asian to get world first, but europe first is still there.

Know that i'll respect you more than him if you get good results (level really fast) and lose.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes