World first 60 attempt!

Hello everyone!

There has been a lot of talk on the forums lately about hitting 60 and clearing inferno mode, who's getting there first? Honestly, don't you want the real deal? All respect to Kripparrian and Athene, but it’s time to bring it to the next level. Have you ever heard of anyone taken every aspect into consideration and have it sorted down the bone? We have an gaming cafe covering us, a foodcompany supplying everything we need to not leave the game for a while and any other support we could use. Lets kick it BRAH!?

It all began about 8 months ago, we decided to make an honest attempt at world first 60, having all of us streaming from start to finish. We wanted to get the best chance possible but also have alot of fun along the journey. We wanted to make some kind of an event, something other people ...could enjoy aswell. We presented our idea to “Playz”, a gaming cafe in Stockholm. Which was our natural choice since we've always been playing there and the staff is nice.

We’re 4 friends around age 25, we've been playing with each other for over ten years. We've played at a high level in CS, DOTA, HON and WOW. Played Diablo II at a high level too. And were, according to the forums, world #2 to craft a perfect BOTD(RNG IS A BITCH)! Our setup will be a barbarian, monk, witch doctor and wizard. The plan is to play 16-20 hours per day. I personally believe that it will take around 40-50 hours to reach level 60 and if that's the case, it’s possible that we'll try to push it without any sleep depending on how fatigue vs. hell works. We've had daily meetings on our facebook group and weekly meetings at playz. We have been discussing all of the classes, specs, spells, runes, synergies, have made various test runs in the beta. We've written down all the mechanics, made our own spreadsheet and cried together in anticipation of the release :)

Help us with your support to beat the rest of the world, especially Europe and Athene! Visit and follow us on our streams, facebook and twitter! You are also invited to attend the release party at Playz. We will play on their stage and we also have commentators in Swedish, English, French and Chinese. Diablo III and Diablo III CE can be won through competitions and luck :)

Follow us - http://www.playzonline.se/streaming

// Exeqtie - Proud member of Playz Diablo3 team
    Great ! More competition :)

Wish you all the best of luck!
    No way to prove it even if you accomplish it.

Enjoy...whatever it is you'll be doing.
    Quote from Beechsack

We will be streaming from start and you have http://www.diabloprogress.com/
    Seriously all this talk about getting to 60 and beyond first, is there even a way to prove it? If not then it's just one word against another.
    I wish you the best of luck.

Do you guys happen to have a reserve player in case something happens to any of your members or in case one of you gets really bad drops? I think Kripp is doing that, and it appears to be an interesting idea.
    Quote from Beechsack

Well actually their 'level 60' achievement will have a date on it, so if it's within a couple days that'l prove it. The streams as well.

Screw it, I support these guys more than kripp and that tool athene.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Streaming means nothing. Someone not streaming could do it first.

There is no in-game achievement for the first character in the world or region to reach level 60. The only thing you'll have is the person achievement for doing so, and if more than one player has that on the same day, there's no way to prove who had it first.

Good luck. Enjoy whatever money you're making off this.

EDIT: I'm not hating on you for doing it. That's how you want to play, then cool. Just making it clear you can't prove it, so it's pretty meaningless.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Do you guys happen to have a reserve player in case something happens to any of your members or in case one of you gets really bad drops? I think Kripp is doing that, and it appears to be an interesting idea.

Yes, we do have a support player who will be sitting next to us during the event.
    Cool. Swedish group going for it.

However, isn't Athene raising funds for a charity while participating in the race?
    Black Swordsman
    Afaik Athene and Kripp are just doing this so they can release some kind of gold guide, think kripp did that with WoW as well... it's all for profits, not for glory.. So meh, Beating Inferno on a naked char on HC , and u got my vote.
    What a colossal waste of time..
    Quote from Gekkeloko

Quote from claven

die in a fire and take Athene and the other retard with you

Afaik Athene and Kripp are just doing this so they can release some kind of gold guide, think kripp did that with WoW as well... it's all for profits, not for glory.. So meh, Beating Inferno on a naked char on HC , and u got my vote.

Athene does it because he generates notoriety for it, and he can generate revenue off his YouTube videos. It's a wonderful racket he has going.
    Good luck. I am not for world firsts at all in this game, but to those who are, have fun. I just hope you beat all the attention whore "youtube celebs".
    Good luck to all world-first attempts.

I really REALLY fail to see why Blizzard didn't put in world-first achievements for these things. I also fail to understand why there's no ladder. I, for one, enjoy the hell out of PvE competition. I don't see how it really changes the game for those that don't care about it. Meh, I guess the game can't be made to please everyone in every way, but I don't see any drawback to those things. *shrugs*...

Signature by Aranoch
    Quote from Zero(pS)

We have around 10 other players supporting us with gold, gems, crafting mats and if they can keep up with us even the best loot possible. Already said to much :P
    Quote from UberN00b

I really REALLY fail to see why Blizzard didn't put in world-first achievements for these things. I also fail to understand why there's no ladder. I, for one, enjoy the hell out of PvE competition. I don't see how it really changes the game for those that don't care about it. Meh, I guess the game can't be made to please everyone in every way, but I don't see any drawback to those things. *shrugs*...

They added Ladder in an attempt to "fix" the Economy , as you could've read ( Ladder only items etc )
    No world firsts because it shouldn't be a race, it's all about the story... all of this has been answered before.
    Quote from UberN00b

They could just add it in the future, you never know. Even if they have said they didn't like it, they could still slap it on there if enough people want it. Just like dueling, I am 99% positive they'll add that someday, despite what their current thoughts on it are.
    My favorite part of the 'FIRST!!' crowd will be the incessant forum arguing over who actually did something first since the majority of them will be unprovable.
    Quote from Beechsack

My favorite part of the 'FIRST!!' crowd will be the incessant forum arguing over who actually did something first since the majority of them will be unprovable.

Haha exactly , glad i'm not gonna be bothered with it and actually Enjoy the story which they took years to build on.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes