Dying before release

Quote from Youarefired

Quote from CorDa616

Quote from Youarefired

Quote from CorDa616

Quote from Antirepublican

All Diablo Fans go to Hell.

Don't make me all happy inside with your lies! :pirate:

No lies there. We will literally all go there... We've been there before haven't we?

Heh, I was going for sarcasm that failed not-so-dramatically. :hehe:

Well, I knew that you knew he meant Diablo hell. But for those who didn't... wait... if they didn't know, then why are they even here?

The mystery continues...
    This is actually a rather simple answer.

If you are Bad in life or at life: If you die before May 15th, Diablo 3 will be constantly delayed and pushed back and your interest it it will never go away leaving you wanting it for all eternity.

If you behave on the forums and are good in life: You will get to play Diablo 3 a week early in heaven, and never get tired of it.
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

I hope I die while sleeping. Would be the bes tthing that could happen to me, but not gonna happen -_-
    idk why people think this is such a dumb thread. i have had similar feelings recently.

then again... i am a heroin addict. so.. like.. yeah. i could actually die any day.

p.s. drugs aren't cool. i would quit, but i'm terrified of withdrawal. it's the worst feeling ever. :/
    Quote from Nuggetz

I think Louis C.K. delivered this joke in a much better fashion.

Link? I may have already seen it but don't remember.

Edit: What if the OP just "Final Destination"-ed everyone in this thread. Get dead.
    I'm scared... hold my hand please until Diablo 3 is released.
    Quote from CorDa616

Quote from Youarefired

Quote from CorDa616

Quote from Youarefired

Quote from CorDa616

Quote from Antirepublican

All Diablo Fans go to Hell.

Don't make me all happy inside with your lies! :pirate:

No lies there. We will literally all go there... We've been there before haven't we?

Heh, I was going for sarcasm that failed not-so-dramatically. :hehe:

Well, I knew that you knew he meant Diablo hell. But for those who didn't... wait... if they didn't know, then why are they even here?

The mystery continues...

Its complicated

The thread talks about dying, A lot of people believe in afterlives.
    If you believe in an afterlife, then Diablo and hell exist in both. In game you are actually going to hell to fight Diablo.
    There is a line famous in the US, "all dogs go to heaven".
    There is also a popular insult used in the US that reads, "You go to hell"

Throw all that together, and you have "All Diablofans go to Hell!"
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Epicurus
    Quote from Revelations

I'm scared... hold my hand please until Diablo 3 is released.

:hammy:
    lol that's pretty good
    Haha, got one like that as well. Not D3 Related though, but reminded me of it.

I understand your point. But no need to be afraid of anything. Because in case you die. You are dead and therefor won't be missing anything.

Now, something you might want to fear more would be paralyzation. And finding yourself in front of the character selection screen. Crying.

Cheers!
    Quote from Junotekh

My doctor told me to masturbate more often. It helped.

Im doing it as i type this...Lets all just masturbate.
    Quote from Sillicur

Quote from Junotekh

My doctor told me to masturbate more often. It helped.

Im doing it as i type this...Lets all just masturbate.

pics or it didn't happen
    The thought has actually crossed my mind, lol. I guess solely because i'm so fucking hyped to play this game.
    He's the math:

Let's say there are a 2 000 000 fans out there. Out of these around 16 000 will die in the coming year. Since there are only 6 days until release, the number goes down to around 260. Out of those 260, at least 3 will commit suicide, and about 9 will die of an accident.

These numbers are all based on the assumption that the fan base is from 0 to 120 years old. So, the actual numbers may be different, but the suicide ratings are higher if we take the actual age span (16-40), but deaths in all are lower. So I think the numbers will more likely be:
    ~180 dead
    ~5 suicide
    ~8 accident
    :facepalm:

Signature by Aranoch
    Quote from Gallows

I understand your point. But no need to be afraid of anything. Because in case you die. You are dead and therefor won't be missing anything.

Now, something you might want to fear more would be paralyzation. And finding yourself in front of the character selection screen. Crying.

Cheers!

^This ^.
    Since the mind (perception, feelings, reasoning etc.) is a function of the brain, a valid conclusion to draw is that when the brain stops working (which is what happens if you die for those that might not know) then the mind is also gone, and therefore you won't perceive anything or have any understanding of any existence whatsoever.

Despite the above, many people believe in some sort of afterlife. Because the concept of an afterlife is not proven right or wrong, it is just one of infinitely many possibilities of events that can occur after someone's death (e.g. you could go to heaven but you won't have any memory, or you could float in an empty space with objects flying around and your only ability is to count these objecst and nothing else). Because the possibilities are endless, the chance that it will actually happen is also infinitely small.

If you don't believe in an afterlife however, it's "good" that nature put a desire to live in people. Otherwise -- with the believe that all your perception and thoughts will cease to exist at death -- it wouldn't matter if you die now since you wouldn't know that you ever existed and wouldn't be able to regret anything. "Good" is in quotes because if there were not such a desire to survive in humans, then the world would be a very bad place, but the people living in this world might not classify it as bad since they wouldn't care about living in it anyway.
    Not everyone is equal, but everyone deserves equal treatment.
    Quote from Designation15

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

People die, and can at any time. What made you so touchy to the truth?

Also to digress, I've loved reading the responses. Some of you are silly, and some of you are awesome.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes