Time Required to Beat Normal ?

How long do you think it will take to beat normal mode (estimated lvl 30) without rushing with a group for some sort of "hit level 60 fast" achievement.

I'm talking... "I love Diablo 3 lore, I want to play normal mode at a nice pace and take everything in" pace.

How long do you think it will take?

I'm just curious - I plan to play all day on the 15th. I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to beat normal mode on the 15th or if I will need to shut my phone off for a few days until I beat it so that my friends don't spoil any plot.

Obviously any guess is speculation, unless someone can find a post from a blue regarding the time to beat normal? I remember them saying it would be ~lvl 30 but I don't remember if there were posts talking about the hour investment.

Just in thinking u can probly hit level 10 in an hour, maybe less maybe longer if they did indeed up the difficulty a little. I'm sure in 24 hours you can hit level 30ish even grinding mobs back tracking a little here and there.
    Skill level and pace will play a part, but from what I have read about a week depending on how much you play each day. I think you could probably do it in a couple days or less if you went fast and had a skilled group. This is all just speculation. I think it will take me about two weeks or so because of my pacing and I am going solo.
    Quote from Savages

How long do you think it will take to beat normal mode (estimated lvl 30) without rushing with a group for some sort of "hit level 60 fast" achievement.

I'm talking... "I love Diablo 3 lore, I want to play normal mode at a nice pace and take everything in" pace.

I'm just curious - I plan to play all day on the 12th. I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to beat normal mode on the 12th or if I will need to shut my phone off for a few days until I beat it so that my friends don't spoil any plot.

Obviously any guess is speculation, unless someone can find a post from a blue regarding the time to beat normal? I remember them saying it would be ~lvl 30 but I don't remember if there were posts talking about the hour investment.

Where did you come up with the 12th?
    Quote from Savages
    I'm just curious - I plan to play all day on the 12th. I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to beat normal mode on the 12th or if I will need to shut my phone off for a few days until I beat it so that my friends don't spoil any plot.

You mean 15th?

Anyway, I'd say not horribly long. I'd average it at 10-12 hours of actually play time to beat Normal. In the beta, exploring most everything and killing all in my path, Skeleton King runs took me just over an hour. I'm going on a limb and gonna assume that the SK is less than half of Act I, so I'm going to say 3ish hours for Act I, about the same for Acts II and III. Act IV I think things will speed up and you can get it beat in slightly less time. 2 hours or so. Adding those up, 11 hours, so 10-12 averaged :)
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    Quote from Savages

Well in the beta if I spend time speaking to everybody (and losing some checking if someone has something new to say), explore every map 100% and optional dungeons etc. A real 100% exploration playthrough in some. It takes me around 2H while a normal playthrough is 45m to 1H (without all the extra stuff).

So I'd say if a normal playthrough of normal is in the 10-15Hours range (which is somewhat expected so far), if you want to really explore etc everything I'd bet on 20-25Hours.

So take your pick :) If you want to go normal but still skip optional stuff 10-15H, if you want 100% 20-25Hr. Speaking to everyone, regularly + exploring parts that are far from where you are takes a lot of time running around.
    There is more lore in D3 (books you can collect, Random NPC convos and such) I think 12-18 hours should be doable.
    Quote from Ayr

Quote from Savages

Well in the beta if I spend time speaking to everybody (and losing some checking if someone has something new to say), explore every map 100% and optional dungeons etc. A real 100% exploration playthrough in some. It takes me around 2H while a normal playthrough is 45m to 1H (without all the extra stuff).

So I'd say if a normal playthrough of normal is in the 10-15Hours range (which is somewhat expected so far), if you want to really explore etc everything I'd bet on 20-25Hours.

So take your pick :) If you want to go normal but still skip optional stuff 10-15H, if you want 100% 20-25Hr.

This. People who are saying they completed the beta in under an hour seem to have forgotten how long it took them the first time (unless they rushed the experience like a retard). Exploring everywhere & talking to everyone in the beta was at the very least 90 minutes, unless you got ridiculously lucky with dungeon exit spawns, more commonly 120-150 minutes. This is assuming first-time playthrough, solo, and without any outside help.
    Ah yea, I have a huge exam on the 12th. Brain is a bit fried, I meant the 15th.

I'm thinking 15-25 hours seems like a pretty accurate estimate; the former skipping some content and the latter really exploring everything.

Quote from Savages

Ah yea, I have a huge exam on the 12th. Brain is a bit fried, I meant the 15th.

I'm thinking 15-25 hours seems like a pretty accurate estimate; the former skipping some content and the latter really exploring everything.

That's roughly what I was thinking as well. Since I will be exploring every last corner of Sanctuary on my first run through, I suspect Nightmare will probably take less time than normal does :P
    I'm aiming for a day or two maximum
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    Last I heard was around 20-25 hours depending on random events etc
    at a normal pace i think it will take not more than 10-12hrs.
    but im not implying that u enter every possible cavern and stuff.
    My first playthrew solo took me around 2h.45m to reach and kill SK. Thats about the 1/4 of the act 1 as far i know.
    During that i fully explored everything and crafted the best gear possible.so i had to upgrade the smith and all.
    Taking that under consideration imo a FULL (explore all) run of the game should take around 35+ hours at the best.

Yes u can do it less but that means u wont invenst time on upgrading the ventors or crafting any gear (crafting multiple items till u get the one suitable for u).

But since the OP asked for a anbiased run thats my opinion.

p.s: keep in mind that one of the devs said that he needed to boost his char to lvl 32ish in order to start playing nightmare in a more confortable way... so i guess doing a full run of normal and geting the max out of it its a VERY good idea that i intend to do.. than reaching lvl 25 on a rush run and having problems l8r on. But thats depends on how u like to play a game i guess :) . (all of the above ofc change if u have a full grp , where things tend to be a bit easier and faster.)
    Taking my time, exploring everywhere, talking to everyone and reading everything I could everywhere, my first play through of the Beta took me about 2 and a half hours. I wouldn't expect the first play through of normal to be possible in less than 12 hours, even if you're rushing like mad. Maximum time for looking at everything, playing with crafting, maybe restarting some new games to get some extra gear, I'd probably put the time around 20-25 hours. So my estimate would be 12-25 hours.

I doubt I'll explore absolutely everything as I go on my first time through, but I won't be rushing either. Starting at 6am (my usual start work time) on the 15th, I'm hoping to clear most, if not all, of normal before I sleep. Part of me is also hoping it takes me longer though so that I can savour it :)
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from Savages

Pretty sure a blue said if you do and see 80% of the story, a run through normal is in the region of 15-20 hours, so this is probably right.
    They said the game was around the same length as Diablo 2, i will take my sweet time though, 18-20 hours sounds about right if you cover most of the map, 12-13 hours if you just go through the normal path.
    it all depends if u clear all the side stuff too that will greatly increaes the time to beat the acts. I really like to explore everything when i play so it took me an hour and 40min to beat the beta and they say as far as story quest its bout 1/3 of the first act. so i would guess act 1 is approx 4 hours with story content. Act 2 i remember reading a jay wilson post its longer then act 2 in diablo 2 so it will def be around 4+hours, and they said act 3 and 4 things will be getting progressively shorter cant really take a guess at act 3 length. As far as act 4 they also said it is longer then act 4 in d2 by quite a bit but the shortest in d3. Well thats my best guess at the length of the game for normal
    PPl I dont want to spoil you plans but havent you tought about the Milion MIlions of people trying to play on the 15th? I thik that day and few more after that it will LAAAAAAAAAAG
    basing it on the beta, I'd say 3 hours per act if you aren't pokey... it sounds like you want to explore everything a bit more than myself so I'd say 4 hours an act. So.... you might beat it the first day if you play for 16 hours.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes