Toughts on Diablo 3 Diatabase App

i have dl it and all i have to say is that it is amazing!Excellent work people!Keep it up and update it as mucha s u can!It is very detailed as i can tell and it helps a lot
    It's a nice app, but the talent calculator needs some fixes. As well as a few other things I'll point out.

Currently, users are able to put ANY skill in ANY slot. For example, Demon Hunter Discipline skills should not be able to go into the mouse button slots, or at least I wouldn't think so. Maybe when you activate the mode where skills aren't locked to certain areas, you can move them. I haven't got to try though.

Also, some quest text repeats itself. For example, in the Demon Hunter "The Fallen Star" quest journal, "Begin this quest", "Kill the Risen" and "Talk to Leah..." all have the same text. You can even see what I mean on the screenshot in the main post.
    I gave it a try this morning. I will probably have this sitting next to me at 00:01 on the 15th and enjoyed using it.
    The quest dialogue lists for each class put this above and beyond the other d3 database/armory apps on android right now. good stuff!
    The Fountain of Knowledge
    Each menu, button etc is a tad too big which greatly limits the amount of info displayable in one screen which in turn requires the user to scroll alot.
    An option to just display all skills on the skill calculator instead of dividing them into each category would help alot because plugging each skill in the calculator tends to become a nuisance.
    When looking at the info of a set item, a link to other items included in the set would be nice too.

Overall I liked it and am looking forward to the after-launch version :)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

thanks for more feedback!

Quote from Youarefired

Currently, users are able to put ANY skill in ANY slot. For example, Demon Hunter Discipline skills should not be able to go into the mouse button slots, or at least I wouldn't think so. Maybe when you activate the mode where skills aren't locked to certain areas, you can move them. I haven't got to try though.

You are right! There are a few skills which are not meant to go into the left mouse button slot according to blizzard's official skill calculator. But I think I tested this in the beta (in one of the early versions) and it was possible. Most other skills can be assigned freely. We'll test it again in the release and fix the issue.

Quote from Youarefired

Also, some quest text repeats itself. For example, in the Demon Hunter "The Fallen Star" quest journal, "Begin this quest", "Kill the Risen" and "Talk to Leah..." all have the same text. You can even see what I mean on the screenshot in the main post.

Currently the collected information goes unfiltered from the game data into the database. On release there will be a lot of new content to process and we will check what filters to apply to improve readability.
    Simply removing repetitive text could be one solution. At the moment you can enjoy an uncut view on the information stored in the game client. There are even some items/information which provide some spoiler alert. :hehe:

Quote from afkalmighty

Each menu, button etc is a tad too big which greatly limits the amount of info displayable in one screen which in turn requires the user to scroll alot.
    An option to just display all skills on the skill calculator instead of dividing them into each category would help alot because plugging each skill in the calculator tends to become a nuisance.
    When looking at the info of a set item, a link to other items included in the set would be nice too.

I'm not sure I understand your issues right... What device are you using and what is the resolution? Actually we do display all skills at once. I got the feeling you are speaking of another app... ;)

Setitems and Legendary items are still missing, because they were not present in the beta client. We hope to add them shortly after the release together with recipes.
    Quote from sNud

I'm not sure I understand your issues right... What device are you using and what is the resolution?

Galaxy S2, what I was talking about was that the buttons seem bigger than is necessary. I was just suggesting a little decrease in the height of each button.

Actually we do display all skills at once. I got the feeling you are speaking of another app... ;)

I was referring to how the skills are broken into each category [primary, secondary etc] on the skill calculator and how we need to enter another menu for each category to pick a skill, basically how the it is currently done in the game UI. But this process is cumbersome to do with a touchpad so I was suggesting an option to not divide the skills into each category but display all skills in a single window when choosing a skill on the skill calculator [like how the skills are shown when selecting (active skills)->(All)]
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

last night we published a first part of the update including the retail game data. Legendary+set items, quests and lore were integrated. Altough the items are still unsorted you can browse through a lot of new and interesting content of diablo 3.

And since a few minutes ago the newest version is available. Save/Load can now be found at the equipment planner and legendary+set affixes were implemented. The affixes to create magic/rare items are coming soon!

Stay tuned and enjoy the game! :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes