An analysis: Number of builds for each class.

Quote from ecutruin

Quote from Adon

Oh no, I can. However...why should I? They seem to enjoy holding everyone elses hand, why not mine too?

Seems like they aren't holding people hand in this case.. you want them to now?

They arn't? I don't know, no skill points and no farming for runes...seems like hand holding to me? Infinite respecs, no consequence....yep that is signs of good ol hand holding. Wouldn't want anyone making real decisions around these parts no siree.
    Quote from Adon

They arn't? I don't know, no skill points and no farming for runes...seems like hand holding to me? Infinite respecs, no consequence....yep that is signs of good ol hand holding. Wouldn't want anyone making real decisions around these parts no siree.

Hrm.. skill points that essentially required players to use out of game resources to make a character that could beat hell (or be damn lucky to stumble across it yourself). Yep...they definitely should have stayed in the game...oh wait..

Farming for runes that was found in testing to be unenjoyable. Yup.. definitely a great idea..

Oh man, encouraging people to actually try new things? Totally terrible.

Seems you actually don't grasp things as well as you claim Adon. I thought you actually played Diablo 2...
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

ecutruin +9000
    Quote from asfastasican

Diablo 2 Player: Sounds complicated and boring. Too long, didn't listen. Brb, pindleskin run.

Not picking at the poster, but the type of person that gives this response: it screams of illiteracy.
    This is silly, it's like the number of drink combos at Sonic Drive-in. Sure you can technically make 688,133 different drink combos at the drive-in, but in actuality 98% of them would be so disgusting that no one in their right mind would order them. It's the same for these "billions of builds", just as sonic sells probably 25 different drinks regularly, you will get an unsurprisingly small number of viable builds per class.
    -Nighthawke
    Battle Tag: Nighthawke#976
    Quote from Raptorbonz42

Quote from Ayr

yeah... I already did a small post on page 1 on how to calculate for non-elective mode.

Those skills can't be applied to the LMB even in elective mode...like Mantras or Sentry.

Yeah I know but that has nothing to do with my post.
    Quote from Nighthawke

This is silly, it's like the number of drink combos at Sonic Drive-in. Sure you can technically make 688,133 different drink combos at the drive-in, but in actuality 98% of them would be so disgusting that no one in their right mind would order them. It's the same for these "billions of builds", just as sonic sells probably 25 different drinks regularly, you will get an unsurprisingly small number of viable builds per class.

That's not the issue. No one thinks that 100 billion builds are going to be used. But if you do use 2*10^(-6)% of possible builds are viable that is still 2,000 builds. Relativly, that is a small porion, but it is still much larger possible pool to draw builds from compaired to d2 and many other games.

Edit @Ayr Ah, I think we are having comunication issues. No matter :kitty:.
    If that made sense to you, Bravo! I think I even confused myself...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes