Major/Small differences between beta and final release?

I was just looking at some of the released videos, and I'm wondering if there will be any significant difference in gameplay from the beta and final release?
    well, not really. the game in longer, more levels, mroe skills, more items and so on... it will be better :)

but then again, the jeweler will open on later levels
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    any idea about the graphics? as much as the videos are probably from the beta stages, (dont mind me) but i cant help but feel there should be a more.. finished detailing?
    I was wondering the same thing, I seem to recall someone saying that there were some things held back from beta so beta testers had something new come in the content they have already seen in the release.
    Quote from Corpsie
    I was wondering the same thing, I seem to recall someone saying that there were some things held back from beta so beta testers had something new come in the content they have already seen in the release.

that would make absolute sense.

one point i was particularly curious about, was that someone brought up the fact as much as the Monk class could dual wield swords and maces, but his main attacks are "fists" natured, so even whilst dual wielding.

When attacking, the weapons dissapear and the animation just shows the Monk whacking away with his fists instead of the weapons, i found it abit off myself haha. Wielding then sheathing them at point of attack.
    I could be wrong, but I doubt the graphics are something that's being held back.
    Quote from vanadium322

I could be wrong, but I doubt the graphics are something that's being held back.

I guess, but it being a beta I hope its like a raw crude effort to work out gameplay bugs and then jam in awesome graphics in the final release.
    Game systems are probably what are being most held back (item affixes, finished rune graphics, possible monster affixes, etc.), and some early-game lore (that should be available at that stage).

Graphics and engine-wise, I believe the beta is very close to the "retail" version of the game.

It's funny though how with each patch I seem to recognize new randomization options for dungeons, and I wonder if they're still working on that on retail as well (or just finished it and are slowly putting it into the beta for ooooour happyness! amusement).
    I was wondering this as well. It would be great to hop into the retail version as a beta tester and still feel like it's something new (Don't get me wrong, I'll still be uber excited when I first start playing!). Like maybe just little things, but big enough you notice them and think, "hey, that wasn't there before!" I think seeing new item affixes before we get to SK is a good possibility.

Little less than 26 days to find out! :D
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Graphics and engine-wise, I believe the beta is very close to the "retail" version of the game.

It's funny though how with each patch I seem to recognize new randomization options for dungeons

Hm, the graphics seem to be of WoW standard in some videos, was expecting more frankly, in such case i guess itll be max settings no problems for most.

what do you mean randomization options for dungeons?

any guesses about the battle animations? such as the monk wielding/sheathing?
    There was a blue post lately that stated, that the graphics in the beta is as the graphics you get in the final game. Right down the settings in the menu. Can't find the post, though...
    Quote from Arnull

There was a blue post lately that stated, that the graphics in the beta is as the graphics you get in the final game. Right down the settings in the menu. Can't find the post, though...

Ah, noted. Tried looking around but couldn't find anything on that.

Lets just hope animations won't have gaps that ruin the flow of the characters. *fingers crossed for a solid game*

on a side note: will cooperative play be avaliable on release?
    Quote from AKLT

This iss something that is actually quite cleverly addressed in the monk short story. Reading it set my mind at ease with one line in particular where he is talking about how different monks use weapons. It's not perfect, but enough to help me suspend Disbalief.

Edit: There will Certainly be coop on release day. 100% no doubt about it.
    If that made sense to you, Bravo! I think I even confused myself...
    Quote from Raptorbonz42

Quote from AKLT

This iss something that is actually quite cleverly addressed in the monk short story. Reading it set my mind at ease with one line in particular where he is talking about how different monks use weapons. It's not perfect, but enough to help me suspend Disbalief.

Do you mean the part in the story where they're saying that a monk's weapon is nothing more than an ornament?

This does nothing to make the monk's attack animations look any less flawed or unfinished, in my opinion.

This is the one thing I think is really lacking in the game at the moment, and I really hope they do something about it in a patch soon after release, but I doubt that they'll implement it for release. A blue post said something about how it will take a long time, and they would rather get the game out than delay it any more. Still, it should be fairly high on their priorities with all the complaints.

My biggest hope for the release is that they'll give monks an option to always have their weapons sheathed, because it's pretty clear they won't be putting in any new animations for release.
    If it's anything like past Blizzard games, expect major changes.
    ­
    Quote from AKLT

Quote from Corpsie

that would make absolute sense.

one point i was particularly curious about, was that someone brought up the fact as much as the Monk class could dual wield swords and maces, but his main attacks are "fists" natured, so even whilst dual wielding.

When attacking, the weapons dissapear and the animation just shows the Monk whacking away with his fists instead of the weapons, i found it abit off myself haha. Wielding then sheathing them at point of attack.

blizzard did a blue post about the monk, they said that the animations without weapons are correct and will be as such in the full game (as doing weapon animations and such for all his skills would have been to time consuming). i think AA will be available to smooth thing out not sure if its in the beta of not.
    Quote from AKLT

Hm, the graphics seem to be of WoW standard in some videos, was expecting more frankly, in such case i guess itll be max settings no problems for most.

The graphics are nothing of WoW quality, they are beyond and superior in comparison to WoW. Every kid with their crap computers are putting out beta videos, giving the illusion that the game is sub-standard. A good system with max quality settings make a world of difference.
    Quote from Doez

Quote from AKLT

The graphics are nothing of WoW quality, they are beyond and superior in comparison to WoW. Every kid with their crap computers are putting out beta videos, giving the illusion that the game is sub-standard. A good system with max quality settings make a world of difference.

indeed this is true

is also true that WoW has had some influence in the graphical design but its not Wow gfx and i for one am happy with them.
    Didn't they state that they left out the setting "ultra" for graphics?
    "Those born with the dawn, do not lose sight of it!"
    "Live for today, Learn from yesterday, Hope for tomorrow"
    Quote from Twistedpandora

i think AA will be available to smooth thing out not sure if its in the beta of not.

AA is in the beta, and it looks really good. On my fairly recent, average-price gaming system, the beta looks really nice. Way better than anything I've seen on Youtube or even the official class gameplay videos (they sometimes don't even use AA). I don't know why people have problems with the graphics, I think they've done a really good job. Especially considering how fast and responsive the game plays, it definitely looks and feels good.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes