Buying commodities (bigger amounts) in beta is broken

Hey guys, I got a chance to look into the beta and did heavy testing on the auction houses.

Unfortunately I'm not able to post in the official Beta feedback forums, so I decided to bring the topic to my favorite site, knowing that the feedback will be better here anyhow ;-)

Be warned, lot of text. Weird examples, etc :)

First of all, I was really disappointed with the first implementation of the auction house (shortly after beginning of the beta) and I'm not very happy with current implementation either. I really hope that we're not testing the final version in the beta! There are so many obvious needed features missing, but there are enough topics about these...

My topic today is the way how buying commodities "works" in the current version of the game.
    As a background information this thread may serve:
    http://us.battle.net...95343777?page=1

I did some heavy testing by selling and buying Fallen Tooths (because they are so worthless that nobody else on the server influences my testing).

In the end I encountered two main problems:
    1. The displayed "price per unit" seems to be an estimation and the "total amount" is calculated with this estimation.
    I found only this information on the topic:
    http://us.battle.net...opic/4079869235
    This would not be such a big problem, however I feel like this is the reason for problem 2.

2. Buying bigger amounts of commodities from multible sellers (different prices) does not work, you will only receive a part of your order and a Refund for the rest which was not delivered.

How to repeat:
    Condition: Cheapest Fallen Tooth(FT) is at 15g per Unit. (otherwise adapt the numbers)
    Sell 20 FT at 14g per Unit
    Sell 20 FT at 13g per Unit
    Search for 1 FT --> Price per Unit 13g
    Search for 20 FT --> Price per Unit 13g, total 260g
    Search for 21 FT --> Price per Unit 13g, total 273g (which is wrong, should be 274g and the price per Unit should be 274/21, based on our knowledge of the Pool (because we sell it)).
    If you buy 21 FT you will receive only 20 FT and a Refund of 13g.
    you will have to buy another FT seperately if you want to have 21 FT.
    Search for 33 FT --> Price per Unit 13g, total 429g (should be 442g)
    Serach for 34 FT --> Price per Unit 14g, total 476g (should be 456g)
    Notice the big jump between 33 and 34, generating the illusion that the 34th FT costs 47g.

This is just an example, the problems also occurs if you buy 35, 50 or 80 FT. You just get a part of what you wanted.

This should be even more annoying if you have thousands of sellers undercutting each other by small values, forcing you to make several bids/buyouts until you have the amount you want.

There is no "invoice" as announced by Lylirra. I really hope they will fix this for release, but it's just 1 month left...

I understand that the problem of people buying items and changing the market in between a Search and a buyout of another person might be a problem for the commodities market, and it is a big challenge for the development, but the current (beta) solution will not work for release!

Thanks for reading, I hope I overestimate the problem...

Just wanted to bring it on the table...

[edit] minor clarifications
    Quote from V1rtu0s0

Search for 1 FT --&--#62; Price per Unit 13g
    Search for 20 FT --&--#62; Price per Unit 13g, total 260g
    Search for 21 FT --&--#62; Price per Unit 13g, total 273g (which is wrong, should be 274g and the price per Unit should be 274/21, based on our knowledge of the Pool (because we sell it))

wait... how is 21x13 274 ? why it should be 274 ?

i tested the same thing.... i tried to buy 100 subtle essences 56g per unit which is 5600g for all of them i got only 64 subtle essences and a refund of 2016g.... so where is the problem ?
    There is no problem. You get as many as are available at the price per unit you are willing to pay. Once your average cost per unit goes above what you are willing to pay you get a refund since your demand has outpaced the current supply. You can not buy any number of item you want for any price. It is a market driven economy. The only other solution would be to charge you for your intended number of items bought no matter what the price. The Blizzard solution seems far less annoying.
    You don't lose your money, and can get what you want in 2 or 3 tries. This works.

It can be inconvenient but there is no other way just because other people are buying at the same time as you.

But I can already see Blizzard shading some tears having to explain all this to their average player.
    Quote from DerfOnTurf

There is no problem. You get as many as are available at the price per unit you are willing to pay. Once your average cost per unit goes above what you are willing to pay you get a refund since your demand has outpaced the current supply. You can not buy any number of item you want for any price. It is a market driven economy. The only other solution would be to charge you for your intended number of items bought no matter what the price. The Blizzard solution seems far less annoying.

This.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from slamaskin

Quote from V1rtu0s0

Search for 21 FT --&--#62; Price per Unit 13g, total 273g (which is wrong, should be 274g and the price per Unit should be 274/21, based on our knowledge of the Pool (because we sell it))

i tested the same thing.... i tried to buy 100 subtle essences 56g per unit which is 5600g for all of them i got only 64 subtle essences and a refund of 2016g.... so where is the problem ?

I'm also confused, 21 x 13 IS 273.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from BleuSnaks42

Quote from slamaskin

Quote from V1rtu0s0

I'm also confused, 21 x 13 IS 273.

He saying it should be 274 because that 21st FT is now selling at 14g per FT. You see he put up 20 FT's at 13g and another 20 up for 14g each. Now when he went to buy 21 Ft at 13g it said 273, the problem was though that there were only 20 FT at 13g, therefore it sold him the 20 then refunded the 13g for the 21st. What he wants to happen is it say 274 and then give him the 21st FT from the other batch that sells at 14g a piece. Understand?

He's saying it's a problem because it forces you to make multiple purchases from different vendors instead of just buying all 21 together discarding the fact that they sell for a different price per one item. I agree it's an inconvenience but It isn't as bad as accidentally putting in the wrong number then screwing yourself over because it bought 20 FT's for 13g and then the 21st was like 500g....
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes