So about release...

The release date for Diablo 3 is the 15th of May, I think everyone knows that by now, unless they've been living under a rock for the past couple of weeks.

With that being said I'm a bit worried about the release itself. I really want to be able to play when the clock hits 00:00, but at the same time I really want the physical collectors edition box :-(...

What do I do? If I both buy it digitally and physically it will be too expensive, but if I don't buy the collectors boxset I feel like I'm missing out on something... Furthermore, when I buy the collectors set the ingame goods wont work on the account I linked the digital copy to, so that's another problem, if I were to buy both the physical and digital version...

Any suggestions on how I figure this one out?
    i wrote about this befor, if you get the digital copy and then upgrade to the CE you can contact blizzard support and they will issue you another code for D3 wich you can sell to a mate or somthing
    Which timezone do you live in? They haven't confirmed when the servers will go live, but if you live in EU or eastern U.S. then you'll probably have a couple hours to grab your CE at midnight and install the game. If they plan to do the same thing as with WoW: Cataclysm, then servers will go live at 00:00 PST.
    My place really was here. I was too foolish and stubborn to notice. But, what I truly hoped for then was here. Why do I always realize it When I've already lost it.
    Quote from EmilB

The release date for Diablo 3 is the 15th of May, I think everyone knows that by now, unless they've been living under a rock for the past couple of weeks.

With that being said I'm a bit worried about the release itself. I really want to be able to play when the clock hits 00:00, but at the same time I really want the physical collectors edition box :-(...

What do I do? If I both buy it digitally and physically it will be too expensive, but if I don't buy the collectors boxset I feel like I'm missing out on something... Furthermore, when I buy the collectors set the ingame goods wont work on the account I linked the digital copy to, so that's another problem, if I were to buy both the physical and digital version...

Well first off if you bought both, the collectors edition would overwrite the standard edition digital copy. And secondly even if you buy it digitally it has to be decrypted at midnight which I doubt will be a quick process considering how many people will be trying to do it at once.

I personally would love to be playing right at midnight, but I would much rather go to the midnight release and get my collectors edition. Besides...you get the game either way and its not like its a race in D3...
    Pretty sure i've read that you can upgrade a standard account to CE edition after launch so if you was willing to pay for digital DL you would have both of best worlds.. just pretty expencive like you said
    Quote from EmilB

It will not be possible to play at 00:00 anyways, there is a patch that will prevent that :P

Also what do you mean? If you buy the collective edition, and upgrade your account which already has the digital copy you still get all your in game items from the CE
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

Ah okay didn't know I could upgrade, I thought it would count as two separate games lol :-P.

Which timezone do you live in? They haven't confirmed when the servers will go live, but if you live in EU or eastern U.S. then you'll probably have a couple hours to grab your CE at midnight and install the game. If they plan to do the same thing as with WoW: Cataclysm, then servers will go live at 00:00 PST.

I'm living in Denmark, which is +1GMT :-)... I don't know what that is in PST :-P?

It will not be possible to play at 00:00 anyways, there is a patch that will prevent that :P

Also what do you mean? If you buy the collective edition, and upgrade your account which already has the digital copy you still get all your in game items from the CE

Sauce on this? :-). And when will we be able then? :-D
    Quote from Aerisot

Quote from EmilB

we most likley can download the patch early.
    I wish Blizzard offered something like instant credit for the first 72 hours on the digital downloads. Instead they will exploit us and say why not buy 2 it makes us money and you get to support us and get collectors and also buy another edition of the game.
    Quote from Molster

we most likley can download the patch early.

How do you mean? Dont we have to wait till 00.01h before we can install the digital download? I mean since the installer is still saying 'fire is still falling from the sky'... You mean we can install the game before midnight AND patch it in advance? Would be nice to have confirmation about this.. I was/am already upset thinking i had to wait 5 more minutes for the install process to finish :P
    Quote from Kane_Hart

I wish Blizzard offered something like instant credit for the first 72 hours on the digital downloads. Instead they will exploit us and say why not buy 2 it makes us money and you get to support us and get collectors and also buy another edition of the game.

Well that's just Blizzard :-P... Anyway I really hope they'll announce some solution...

And I know D3 isn't a race, I would just like to be one of the first to log in and get a headstart! :-) I'm going to a LAN with some friends, I all think they're getting the digital copy, but yeah...
    Quote from EmilB

Well there is not many choices:
    1. Go to midnight release and play at 1am instead of 12am.
    2. Dont buy CE
    3. Don't care about missing a few hours and get a nice sleep before an all nighter (15th to 16th night).
    lol come on... Depending on how far you live from your video games store, you can go, buy the game at midnight, get back home, install it and play. The most you would loose would be an hour or two.
    Quote from Denius1704

lol come on... Depending on how far you live from your video games store, you can go, buy the game at midnight, get back home, install it and play. The most you would loose would be an hour or two.

Taking in consideration we only have a few stores in our town hosting a D3 midnight release, I would have to wait in line 6 hours before the event, in order to even get a decent position =)))

So if I decide to buy the CE it wont be only just an hour or two :-D
    Quote from EmilB

Quote from Kane_Hart

Well that's just Blizzard :-P... Anyway I really hope they'll announce some solution...

And I know D3 isn't a race, I would just like to be one of the first to log in and get a headstart! :-) I'm going to a LAN with some friends, I all think they're getting the digital copy, but yeah...

I doubt there will be. Like 99% sure because blizzard is blizzard heh.
    i got a regular version and a CE. i'm selling the reg to a friend. i dont plan to buy another video game in 10 years so i dont mind dropping $160, esp if im making 60 back. diablo iii all the way
    Quote from YoLoDrScientist

i got a regular version and a CE. i'm selling the reg to a friend. i dont plan to buy another video game in 10 years so i dont mind dropping $160, esp if im making 60 back. diablo iii all the way

yea me too...not even remotely interested in any other game except for starcraft 2
    ;p
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes