Why is blizzard making D3 like WoW?

I guess WoW was the first ever game to have arena combat in them. In that case, yes, Diablo III is gonna be exactly like WoW.
    Surprise, Diablo III is secretly Mists of Pandaria, the new WoW expansion. We're not fighting demons. Those are just placeholder models. They're gonna be pandas on May 15th.

Please stop making these threads. Open PvP in DII was dumb. All it did was encourage ganking and griefing, and that's only fun for the guy ruining other people's games, in a sick kind of way.

Oh, but forcing people out of their own games is fun, you say? Well go play Diablo II then, and stay away from my Diablo III.
    On the whole wow came from diablo... Check out the sound effects of blunt weapons hitting or missing.. same sound as from diablo 2... Also check out that the druid in wolf form in diablo 2.. when he howls .. it sounds just like the howl a shaman does in ghost wolf form in wow.... hmmmmm.
    Quote from Logic

Consensual dueling brought out a gamut of emotion in game and was the driving force of gamers to continue playing for so long.

Diablo 2 uniqueness was due in part to the hostile pvp system. "no area is safe" kinda feel.

Incorrect. For the overwhelming majority, the driving force was the item hunt.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    As I was reading this thread I suddenly realsied no one has mentioned the art direction of D3 and how much it sucks! It's so bright and cartoony, it's just like WoW now! Why has no one else noticed this?!?!1one!!1!eleven
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    Quote from ElKapitan

As I was reading this thread I suddenly realsied no one has mentioned the art direction of D3 and how much it sucks! It's so bright and cartoony, it's just like WoW now! Why has no one else noticed this?!?!1one!!1!eleven

Have you even played the beta yourself? There's nothing bright or cartoony about it. Unless your still basing things off 3 year old gameplay videos.
    Quote from Gealic

Quote from ElKapitan

Have you even played the beta yourself? There's nothing bright or cartoony about it. Unless your still basing things off 3 year old gameplay videos.

Notice the "?!?!1one!!1!eleven" at the end, hes just joking =)
    So.. because 1 aspect is like wow, the whole game is like wow? I have played Beta, and I can assure you, D3 is NOTHING like wow.

Have a nice day, this thread shall receive no more of my attention.
    Fail OP troll is fail.

Next, please.
    So, the problem with so many forums these days is the trolls, they show up, stir the shit pot, and if they see it start to slow down, they give it another good stir. People who like to participate in worthwhile and meaningful conversation get annoyed and occasionally stick their heads in and berate the troll, but many don't like to just do that, so they feel they have to justify their post by contributing an opinion about the troll post.

The problem then is that even the reasonable people thinking they are doing good are contributing to the troll population and obesity problem. The question is then, are we to be mad at the troll themselves? Or the rest of the community for its direct and/or indirect encouragement of such creatures?

Tie in to topic: WoW trolls on D3 boards <_
    I saw this thread earlier and expected it to get locked. I'm quite surprised it's received this much attention and survived to three pages! I've got a few minutes so I'll add to it as well I guess.

Quote from Logic

Isn't part of the crux of Diablo on consensual dueling in town? Why do they separate it into arena now like how WoW does it? Bring back the 1v1 dueling!

So the the thread is called "Why is blizzard making D3 like WoW?" and yet when open it up, the whole comparison of Diablo to WoW is solely based on PvP. So every other difference between the two games is being ignored or are you expecting that heinous crime to be shortly followed by a drastic art style change, population per game to be increased from four to the hundreds of thousands and a monthly fee to be included? [/sarcastic troll feeding]

Seriously though, I always felt that PvP in both Diablo 1&2 was more added as an afterthought with no real commitment to balance or design. Certain aspects about it were also badly implemented so that people who wanted to be a pain in the ass for other players could do so with ease by going hostile and attacking at will.

Your original statement is also slightly flawed as you seem to imply that WoW only has arena for PvP. While many players frown, scowl and look down at anything other than arena for pvp, there is world pvp or BGs to use. Better though, is non-PvP realms where players not interested in playing PvP can enjoy whatever aspects of the game they like without being hassled.

So in that respect, I actually hope that Blizzard make Diablo more like WoW PvP in that players will have a choice whether to engage in it or not, rather than having an antagonistic player start hassling others that aren't interested in it.

I know PvP features for Diablo won't be shipping at release, and I've only heard about the arena features that have been mentioned a few times I'll be honest and say that I switch off to most PvP related news stories as well. However, as the features haven't been included in the game yet, or even fully released and detailed, then there's nothing saying that Blizzard won't add in world PvP as an option for new game creation if players want it.

Now can someone make a "Why is Diablo so like SC2?" just so that Blizzard's other big franchise isn't feeling too left out from the bad comparisons :P
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    I think it will be great if they never implement pvp. Having no pvp means they wont "Balance" the skills for pvp and will focus on purely the item hunt and killing huge packs of demons!.
    I dread the time when it will be "Oh nerf barbarian stun times, i cant move" and so they do and the pve side suffers again.
    Quote from Swirlyball

I think it will be great if they never implement pvp. Having no pvp means they wont "Balance" the skills for pvp and will focus on purely the item hunt and killing huge packs of demons!.
    I dread the time when it will be "Oh nerf barbarian stun times, i cant move" and so they do and the pve side suffers again.

You my friend have no idea what's going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E452S_fJwA
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    for he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    shall be my brother..."
    Quote from Yos

Christ how I tire of threads like this. whining about world pvp and dueling. it has been thoroughly discussed. use the search function please. XD
    You know people say that but the search function on this site actually totally blows. And besides, no one cares about the duplicate threads around here if they're only saying something positive about Diablo or saying how they wish they had a a beta.
    Sigh... Can we stop with the comparison to WoW already? It's getting tired.
    Quote from Fjonken2

No, we can't stop it. It makes for good discussion. In some ways D3 really is like WoW.
    All the cool people hate wow. As they raid 3 nights a week they claim it sucks. But they still play. daily. Cause it sucks. SO BAD.
    Actually, alll the cool people have a Curse Premium account.
    Quote from Siaynoq

Actually, alll the cool people have a Curse Premium account.

Are you sure? Because I don't.
    You were never cool.
    Quote from Siaynoq

Quote from Fjonken2

No, we can't stop it. It makes for good discussion. In some ways D3 really is like WoW.

Explain please =) And not in the, omg skills have the same name kind of way. Gameplay wise and stuff that actually matters?
    "Those born with the dawn, do not lose sight of it!"
    "Live for today, Learn from yesterday, Hope for tomorrow"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes