Mac Os players?

Quote from Zera

Quote from phatosen

Dude, stop trolling.

It's not trolling when it's true. all pre built pcs basicly have a serial number and from there about 90% of the time there is no difference on other models and on the 10% it's basicly some minor thing like wireless card.

But... but... but! You DO realize there are as many pre-built PCs being sold RIGHT NOW as there are days in the year, right? Where if we look at Apples computers there are about 4 of each type (iMac, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro and so forth). Yes, there are customizations options available, and if you chose those, then YOU MENTION IT. Therefor, it is okay to say "I have the 2011 iMac 27" with upgraded graphics" because that can only mean I have a iMac with a 3.1 Ghz i5 CPU, 4 GB RAM, a Radeon HD 6790M and so forth. It doesn't mean I bought my iMac in 2011, it means it's the 2011-model. It doesn't mean I expect my computer to have a certain speed because it's a 27" screen, it's just a means to identify hardware without having to type every single component.
    Get it now? Just because you don't know what we're talking about, doesn't mean that we don't. ;) Now bugger out of this thread please, before you bring it any more off topic. Much obliged!

Quote from daveke939

Funny how every mac related post on a gaming forum explodes into a mac vs windows war xD

It's not a Mac vs. Windows war (yet), I would never go into those - but it certainly is a whole hell of a lot off topic.
    Quote from phatosen

Quote from Zera

Quote from phatosen

Dude, stop trolling.

It's not trolling when it's true. all pre built pcs basicly have a serial number and from there about 90% of the time there is no difference on other models and on the 10% it's basicly some minor thing like wireless card.

But... but... but! You DO realize there are as many pre-built PCs being sold RIGHT NOW as there are days in the year, right? Where if we look at Apples computers there are about 4 of each type (iMac, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro and so forth). Yes, there are customizations options available, and if you chose those, then YOU MENTION IT. Therefor, it is okay to say "I have the 2011 iMac 27" with upgraded graphics" because that can only mean I have a iMac with a 3.1 Ghz i5 CPU, 4 GB RAM, a Radeon HD 6790M and so forth. It doesn't mean I bought my iMac in 2011, it means it's the 2011-model. It doesn't mean I expect my computer to have a certain speed because it's a 27" screen, it's just a means to identify hardware without having to type every single component.
    Get it now? Just because you don't know what we're talking about, doesn't mean that we don't. ;) Now bugger out of this thread please, before you bring it any more off topic. Much obliged!

Quote from daveke939

Funny how every mac related post on a gaming forum explodes into a mac vs windows war xD

It's not a Mac vs. Windows war (yet), I would never go into those - but it certainly is a whole hell of a lot off topic.

True, true. There shall be no war!!! (pretty please with a cherry on top?)
    Yeah there will be no war cause lets be honnest there is no point arguing about which is better cause it's a matter of what you prefer not a matter of facts or atleast it will only be so for about 2 posts then there will be "facts like" mac runs faster or windows is better at games when in reality it's hardly ever the os thats the problem :P
    Anyways I will stop with the whole argument but I just felt the need to say something cause it was kinda silly that u thought macs were any different than for instance many of the other computer companies. The only real difference is mac have their own os and their own cult (sry had to say it please don't start the war) which is why the discusion even started considering many of the companies making laptops for windows (or linux or whatever u want to install on it) kinda have a pretty nice and easy to understand lineup and the only real difference is that desktop pc's aren't really what they are making money on.
    Just compared my OS X Diablo 3 Beta client with my Windows 7 client. Ran the game in 2560x1440 with AA, all settings on High. I stood still in New Tristram. On my OS X client I had about 18-20 FPS, and on my Windows 7 client I had about 50 FPS. Not gonna list my specs, because that doesn't matter - but as you can see, there is a very palpable difference between OS X and Windows 7 as of now. I really hope they fix this soon, as having to switch OS to get the best gaming experience my hardware can offer is a hassle.

(Wanted to add screens, but I have no idea where my screens went on my Win7 client. :D )
    Quote from phatosen

Just compared my OS X Diablo 3 Beta client with my Windows 7 client. Ran the game in 2560x1440 with AA, all settings on High. I stood still in New Tristram. On my OS X client I had about 18-20 FPS, and on my Windows 7 client I had about 50 FPS. Not gonna list my specs, because that doesn't matter - but as you can see, there is a very palpable difference between OS X and Windows 7 as of now. I really hope they fix this soon, as having to switch OS to get the best gaming experience my hardware can offer is a hassle.

(Wanted to add screens, but I have no idea where my screens went on my Win7 client. :D )

Dang, that IS a pretty big difference..
    Sooo, maybe I should go for bootcamp after all.

Quote from daveke939

Sooo, maybe I should go for bootcamp after all.

Memes

Hold off on spending your cash on Win7 for just a bit :)
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/1159-the-diablo-iii-beta-draws-to-a-close-patch-17/
    If we're lucky, patch 17 will improve performance, but we'll see when it hits.
    Quote from daveke939

Yeah, there's always one Windows dude who thinks we care.

I maintain 2500 Windows machines for my day job. I really don't want to deal with it at home, too. It's my money to spend, and Blizzard has supported Macs for nearly 2 decades now. Don't know why we can't discuss the Mac version w/o some PC troll sticking his head in whining about how much our boxes cost, or how we talk about them.

Having said all that, I did *not* see any performance downturn at patch 16. Still plowing along just fine.
    Quote from phatosen

Not gonna list my specs, because that doesn't matter - but as you can see, there is a very palpable difference between OS X and Windows 7 as of now.

Actually, it *does* matter. If you have nVidia graphics, you *are* better off going to Bootcamp, because nVidia's Mac drivers are horrible, and they won't fix them. I could look back in the thread to see your model, of course, and know the specs, but what model you had does make a difference. Blizzard basically can only work around some of the older crappy hardware so much.

My ATI on the other hand, works just as well on Mac as it does on my Win 7x64 side. So, yeah, specs can matter, especially on GPUs.

(Hmm, you have a 6970M. Not sure what your issue is. My card is 2009 vintage, an HD 4870 512 MB DDR5, and is doing better than yours. I'm thinking you have other issues, possibly.)
    Quote from mavfin

Actually, it *does* matter. If you have nVidia graphics, you *are* better off going to Bootcamp, because nVidia's Mac drivers are horrible, and they won't fix them. I could look back in the thread to see your model, of course, and know the specs, but what model you had does make a difference. Blizzard basically can only work around some of the older crappy hardware so much.

I did not know that. :) Edit: To save others the trouble, I am running an AMD GPU.

Quote from mavfin

(Hmm, you have a 6970M. Not sure what your issue is. My card is 2009 vintage, an HD 4870 512 MB DDR5, and is doing better than yours. I'm thinking you have other issues, possibly.)

Oh, I have tons of issues! ;) I doubt is "my" issues though, since the game is performing incredibly well (much better than I thought it would) in Win7. It seems to be an issue with the beta/Blizzard (at least I hope so). I have no problems in Starcraft 2 either (in OS X), game running fluid in my native resolution.
    Stay on topic and stop spamming with pointless memes. This is not the section for that.
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    24" iMac ~2008 (refurbished)

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Runs flawlessly with all settings on high! Except when I play with others, then I get quite a few FPS drops...pretty annoying. But before patch 16, I didn't have this problem. Like they said though, the beta isn't optimized and the full game will be, so I don't think we will have any issues come release day.
    I've got D3 pre-installed on my custom MacBook Air, all ready to go on release.
    Been playing Starcraft 2 on it without a problem of any kind, and I expect it to run D3 with ease.
    Quote from Umpa

Stay on topic and stop spamming with pointless memes. This is not the section for that.

Actually, I was on topic.. We are discussing the best way of running D3 on a mac computer.
    Phatosen told earlier that running it on windows through bootcamp is a better way than natively so I respond that I may do that but it'll cost me money... "Spend ALL the money"

So if you could PLEASE (with a cherry on top) read the entire topic before randomly deleting posts because you don't like meme's, that would be nice. Verry nice.

Quote from phatosen

Might just do that, don't know yet. Since I would like a legal version of Windows when running it through bootcamp..
    But it's probably gonna cost me lots of money again :/

Spend ALL the money!(Yes, Umpa, that one's for you.)
    Quote from bjwes

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2gb RAM

Runs flawlessly with all settings on high! Except when I play with others, then I get quite a few FPS drops...pretty annoying. But before patch 16, I didn't have this problem. Like they said though, the beta isn't optimized and the full game will be, so I don't think we will have any issues come release day.

I have an i7 quadcore, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd and a HD6750 1gb and the game runs at 20-40 fps on high. On your system it would run at maaaaybe 15 on high, hardly flawless.
    MacOs != Gaming , sorry just my opinion :P
    - Pure fury warrior -
    Inferno completed on barbarian
    Quote from spedanden

Quote from bjwes

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2gb RAM

I have an i7 quadcore, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd and a HD6750 1gb and the game runs at 20-40 fps on high. On your system it would run at maaaaybe 15 on high, hardly flawless.

Indeed. When I hear "flawless" I would accept no less than consistent 60 FPS (maybe 30 FPS would suffice, NEVER under though) in native resolution, which I'm guessing would be 1920x1200 - and that machine pulling that weight seems a bit off. If it's true - good for you man! :D
    There is a very clear stuttering when the game gets to 20 FPS, to the point where I'd say it strains the eyes, and makes mah brain tired. 30 FPS is fluid, but 60 FPS is certainly to be preferred to give a truly fluid gameplay experience. The jump from 30 to 60 FPS is VERY noticeable. (This is all my personal opinion of course).
    Quote from matrix179

You just couldn't stand the temptation, did you?
    Quote from spedanden
    Quote from bjwes
    24" iMac ~2008 (refurbished) 10.7.3 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb RAM ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB Runs flawlessly with all settings on high! Except when I play with others, then I get quite a few FPS drops...pretty annoying. But before patch 16, I didn't have this problem. Like they said though, the beta isn't optimized and the full game will be, so I don't think we will have any issues come release day.

Idk man, I'm getting 20-35 FPS. It's pretty smooth.
    Quote from daveke939

Quote from matrix179

You just couldn't stand the temptation, did you?

No I just couldn't stand it :)
    - Pure fury warrior -
    Inferno completed on barbarian
    Quote from xCookie

does anyone with a mac have a problem when exiting the game? i almost always get a black screen and need to reboot

yep, not all the time , but it is annoying, apart from that everything else runs like shit through a goose (fast)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes