Mac Os players?

So, in the science of Beta being mostly compatibility testing, is there anyone with a Mac who got into Beta through Opt-in?

Just wondering :) (Since I'm one of those weird people who play games on mac, Yes we can!)
    Im apple down to the very bones. There are many mac invites out .

End Of Line
    well i play in a mac and it runs smoooooth couldn't be better.. idk what opt-in means though haha
    I'm in the beta with my iMac 27" quad and it runs nice! Only not trough the opt-in :)
    I'm in beta, have been since September, with the exception of one very early patch, the game has ran wonderfully on my 27" iMac (2011)
    -Nighthawke
    Battle Tag: Nighthawke#976
    Got in on the first wave of opt-ins. Game runs like poop on my 2011 17" Macbook Pro. Four hours left on the eBay auction for it, and then Im buying a 27" iMac.
    Yeah, I've been in Beta for quite a while (patch 8 or 9) and I always assumed I was granted fairly early access because I was on a Mac. 27" iMac I bought late last summer, pretty much top of the line at the time.

Honestly though, I prefer to run D3 through Win7 via bootcamp on my iMac. I was typically getting around a 15 FPS drop in OSX using the exact same settings as Win7. But that was back when -showfps worked. Maybe things have improved. I would prefer to stay on the Mac side of my computer at release.
    So, anyone else in beta with Macbook Pro?
    I'd just like to know wether it runs nicely or not?
    (I've got a 15" Macbook Pro bought late 2011 running Os x Lion)
    Quote from daveke939

So, anyone else in beta with Macbook Pro?
    I'd just like to know wether it runs nicely or not?
    (I've got a 15" Macbook Pro bought late 2011 running Os x Lion)

Listing your specs always helps, but a late 2011 should have no issue. My 2007/2008 Macbook Pro will run it, as it has the minimum required GPU; 8600M GT. Along with all the other required specs.
    I have PC desktop and i7 macbook pro (mid 2010 model). I plan on playing on both. I hope it runs well on the macbook pro.
    @Alladaskill

Operating System:
    MacOS 10.7.3

CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™ i7-2635QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

CPU Speed:
    2.02 GHz

System Memory:
    4 GB

Video Card Model:
    AMD Radeon HD 6490M

Video Card Memory:
    256 MB
    does anyone with a mac have a problem when exiting the game? i almost always get a black screen and need to reboot
    I will be playing on my Macbook Pro 15" from early 2012, on the Bootcamp windows partition. Crossing my fingers that it will run acceptable.
    I feel bad not leaving room for a shout in my barbarian build
    Considering that Blizzard will be supporting OSX at launch and that their are likely not expecting people to have the absolute latest models I would think it's fair to say that as long as you have something from the last 2-ish years it should run decently well.

Hopefully nobody goes shopping for a gaming PC and comes home with a Mac. Regardless of how well they keep up with PCs in the gaming world you have far less choice concerning hardware, especially where it matters the most, video cards. You could always build a hackintosh set up to dual boot windows if you want the best of both worlds. I spent a day figuring out how to get OSX to run on my desktop and was really proud when I got it to work and then after 2 weeks of trying to figure out exactly what I was supposed to do with it when I already had Windows I deleted it.

I'm not looking to start a fanboy battle here, I just don't see a comparison between Mac (or Linux for that matter) and PC when it comes to gaming. I hope to see you all running smoothly in D3 on the 15th!
    EU mac Pro, no beta access.

OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS 10.6.8 CPU TYPE: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5462 @ 2.80GHz CPU SPEED: 2.82 GHz SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB VIDEO CARD MODEL: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 512 MB
    Consider your screen resolution as well. If you take 1440x900 of the 13 and 15 inch Macbook Pros to the 1920x1200 of the 17 inch and 2560x1440 like on the cinema display you're looking at a an increase from a 1.3 MP screen, to a 2.3 MP screen, and finally a 3.7 MP screen. It's not exactly a direct scale on system demand but it can be pretty close. Those 512MB and 1024MB cards might not play nice on the 17 inch using higher textures and on the cinema display you might not be happy at all.

I'd be looking for a fix if I had less than a 200 series with less than 1GB of VRAM.
    I'm on the beta,

Playing on a 13" macbook pro 2.3Ghz, 4gb ram, intel hd gfx 3000.
    solo play runs nicely on high settings, although I have the shadow quality on medium.
    in a full party its playable, but does struggle in hot areas.

Patch 16 made the Mac OS unplayable as everything is in slow motion.

With it been beta my fingers are crossed and hope the above laggy situations are purely due to latency.
    Quote from LeonWHAT

Did patch 16 make the game run slower? I just joined the beta some days ago (not through the opt-in, btw), so have no frame of reference here, but the game did not run to my satisfaction, despite being on the 2011 27" iMac with the HD 6970M graphics card (the upgrade option). With everything running on high expect shadows (on medium), and running 1920x1080 (native resolution being 2560x1440), I got 30 fps (in dungeons, outdoors I only got 20 fps and the game would stutter when enemies appeared). No AA.
    Now, if I run the game in Windows 7 on bootcamp, I get a VERY nice performance boost (as well as what appears to be better graphics overall, but I have to do some more digging to confirm this). I run in 2560x1440, everything on high as in OS X, except shadows which still eat my machine right up, so those are on medium), BUT I get to use AA as well as there is no stuttering like I'd get under OS X. So kinda bummed I have to reboot my machine to get the best performance, but read that Blizzard is aware of this problem, so hoping for updated performance in patch 17. :)
    http://eu.battle.net...opic/3660288329
    I just pray it runs nice on my brand new 21" iMac.

Its my first Mac and I love it. I play all my games on X360 these days and after 20 years I no longer have any interest in PC's in general and gaming rigs... with the exception of D3 so I'll be realy bummed if it doesnt run well. Its the ONLY game I'll ever play on a desktop and I hope I dont regret not getting a Windows PC.
    Quote from phatosen

Quote from LeonWHAT

Did patch 16 make the game run slower?

Yeah dude, its runs at 10-13 FPS for me currently. As you've seen they are aware of it and its a problem for the vast majority of mac os users :QQ:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes