How to avoid spoilers when the game is released?

Quote from KalikooJack

Quote from aldrek

Wow, if it really is 1850 USD, that's mind-blowing. I can't imagine any reason to make it that expensive, unless certain other government taxes are very cheap or even nonexistant. I know nothing about Danish government process, so I can't really speak for it.

sorry offtopic: :D

It´s about 1700 euros minimum in Finland. And after 2 year you have to go stage two, which means you have to prove you can drive and there are couple of lessons and few hundred extra bucks... so total cost minimum of 2000e. I have also motorbike licence which was pretty cheap about ~500e.

Holy crap. I had no idea it was that much.
    I won't be checking anything until after I've finished my first normal run. After that though nothing will be sacred.
    Quote from KalikooJack

Quote from aldrek

Wow, if it really is 1850 USD, that's mind-blowing. I can't imagine any reason to make it that expensive, unless certain other government taxes are very cheap or even nonexistant. I know nothing about Danish government process, so I can't really speak for it.

It´s about 1700 euros minimum in Finland. And after 2 year you have to go stage two, which means you have to prove you can drive and there are couple of lessons and few hundred extra bucks... so total cost minimum of 2000e. I have also motorbike licence which was pretty cheap about ~500e.
    That's even more than $1850! Wow. Why the heck is it so expensive?
    Quote from aldrek

Quote from KalikooJack

Quote from aldrek

I think they make a lot more money than us so in the end it's relatively the same. I saw another person in Denmark post their crazy taxes but at the same time the average household makes like 300-400K. The average income in the states is probably less than 70K.

EDIT: I could be totally wrong but price inflation is a huge factor when comparing difference currencies. It only costs like $80 here to take a driving test, if I wanted to take special lessons then yes it would be in the hundreds (which would be equivalent to a significant % of my bi-weekly paycheck).
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Quote from aldrek

Am I the only one wondering how much this guy's driver's license costs if it rivals the cost of getting a whole new PC?

Here in Czech Republic the driver's license costs approximately the same as a computer capable of running Diablo III.
    Quote from Slayerviper

Quote from aldrek

Quote from KalikooJack

Quote from aldrek

I think they make a lot more money than us so in the end it's relatively the same. I saw another person in Denmark post their crazy taxes but at the same time the average household makes like 300-400K. The average income in the states is probably less than 70K.

EDIT: I could be totally wrong but price inflation is a huge factor when comparing difference currencies. It only costs like $80 here to take a driving test, if I wanted to take special lessons then yes it would be in the hundreds (which would be equivalent to a significant % of my bi-weekly paycheck).

You mean USD 300-400K? In that case, I don't think it's very accurate. Average yearly gross salary is like USD 65 000. To get per household I guess you can multiply it by something between 1 and 2. ;)
    Quote from Slayerviper

I'm pretty sure this is very inacurate. 300-400K (in USD as it is common to speak in this currency) AVERAGE is 100% wrong.

I'm quite lazy to find a source for statistics but I'm pretty sure USA has the most disposable income in the world on average per household, or close to it and certainly not 1/4 of denmark.
    Quote from aldrek

That seems about right... :/ its very expensive and i really dont want a drivers license!
    but in order to get into the "Beredsskabstyrelsen" (I quess in english it best translated to firefighter academy) I need a drivers license... so i need to get a job ASAP

HEAD BANG OR DIE!!!
    Quote from aldrek

In Finland you must attend to quite many driving classes, theory classes and there is also special stuff like driving in the dark and the slippery track.
    Also if you happen to fail your first test, you must attend to like 5 more hours of driving lessons.
    So yeah, it can get really expensive.
    "In this world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane!"
    - Homer (S)
    Quote from aldrek

A danish drivers license can cost anything between 2100 USD and 3100 USD, and it's because you need to pay for every theory and driving lectures and need a minimum of 32 theory lectures + at least 12 - 15 driving lectures, on top of that you pay for katastrofe lessons, CPR training, a day at a wet-road course learning how to stop the car from rolling and going out of place etc. if you hit and icy or wet road and your car gets out of control (which is about 200 USD in it self which you need to pay), you need to pay for the theory exam, if you fail it, you will need to pay for another, you need to pay for your driving exam, and if you fail that you need to pay for another.. :) so all in all, it's pretty expensive..

Yet I don't know why you need a new PC, my 4 year old pc would've been able to run D3 fine before it burn the motherboard somehow..
    OP whats your specs? maybe you just need to upgrade a graffics card or something like that not buy an entire new pc .. :)
    Quote from niklasrd

That seems about right... :/ its very expensive and i really dont want a drivers license!
    but in order to get into the "Beredsskabstyrelsen" (I quess in english it best translated to firefighter academy) I need a drivers license... so i need to get a job ASAP

Bare så du ved det, så findes der ikke noget som hedder "beredskabstyrelsen" længere .. :) det blev nedlagt for i hvert fald 4 år siden.. :) Hvad ville du være indenfor det ? brandmand, redder/ambulancefører eller vognmand?

In english: Just so you know there's no such thing as "beredskabstyrelsen" anymore.. :) It was shut down at least 4 years ago.. :) So what would you like to be with it? Fireman, ambulancedriver or tow-truck driver ?
    Quote from Reisori

Quote from aldrek

In Finland you must attend to quite many driving classes, theory classes and there is also special stuff like driving in the dark and the slippery track.
    Also if you happen to fail your first test, you must attend to like 5 more hours of driving lessons.
    So yeah, it can get really expensive.

This.

But let´s not derail this anymore. :)
    To OP. It´s better if you get that license now. I know it depresses you that you cant play D3 for a while but life sucks. :( It will reward you at the end. :)
    In Holland you spend about 2.000 to 3.000 on your license, it's too damn expensive. Theory classes, special maneuvers, books, and actually getting the printed paper can cost up to 70 euros depending on your local town etc. It sucks big time. If you fail your exams you can add a couple of 100's to that number.

but once spend you don't think about it anymore. Im got mine now for about 2 years. And Im happy I never have to go trough that again :D.
    Don't think you will have to strain yourself to do it. Stay clear of forums though since people love to mess with other people. Don't read comments on those proffessional sites that cover some Diablo 3 info. Maybe don't check out D3 vids on youtube aswell (don't read comments here either).

Your biggest enemy in this case is people sitting behind their computer and feel its funny to mess with other people. Trolls is a good example. So stay away from Diablo 3 offical forums aswell :P
    Quote from Ayr

I'm pretty sure this is very inacurate. 300-400K (in USD as it is common to speak in this currency) AVERAGE is 100% wrong.

I'm quite lazy to find a source for statistics but I'm pretty sure USA has the most disposable income in the world on average per household, or close to it and certainly not 1/4 of denmark.

I'm not talking USD; I'm talking about whatever currency they use, in any case I didn't use the proper context of pricing inflation it has minimal correlation to currency. The point I was trying to get at was everything is more expensive there i.e. if you make 300,000 your taxes may be 100,000 or your rent could be 10,000 per month. I'll give another example with the oil sands in northern Alberta. The main town where all this production is occurring is highly inflated; you can get a job at Mic Dicks for like $20 an hour but sharing a two bedroom house with four guys will cost each person 2,000. Meanwhile back in a normal city in Alberta a Mic Dicks job is maybe $10-11per hour but rent is drastically less. Make sense now?
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    If you don't want to be spoiled, avoid web browsers. You'll be doing the communities you're a part of a favor too, because they won't have to see more topics of rage complaining about spoilers ^ ~
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    In Sweden it is kinda hard to get a drivers license. Most people require some driving lessons which cost >50€ for 40 minutes. Then you need to do stuff like drive on ice, theory test and finally the practical test. I think the absolute minimum for a license here is ~340€.

I think I spent at least €1000, and that was 12 years ago :´(
    Quote from Slayerviper

Quote from Ayr

I'm not talking USD; I'm talking about whatever currency they use, in any case I didn't use the proper context of pricing inflation it has minimal correlation to currency. The point I was trying to get at was everything is more expensive there i.e. if you make 300,000 your taxes may be 100,000 or your rent could be 10,000 per month. I'll give another example with the oil sands in northern Alberta. The main town where all this production is occurring is highly inflated; you can get a job at Mic Dicks for like $20 an hour but sharing a two bedroom house with four guys will cost each person 2,000. Meanwhile back in a normal city in Alberta a Mic Dicks job is maybe $10-11per hour but rent is drastically less. Make sense now?

If you compare two things in different currency it starts to make no sense then. You gotta use the same currency to compare income and disposable income.
    Quote from derpinger

Quote from niklasrd

I thought that i would be able to spend money on a new pc for diablo 3...
    but I just found out that I have to wait and spend most of my money on a FREAKING drivers license...

My original thought was as follows
    "If the price of your driver's license takes most of your money, then chances are that hip new PC you were going to build wouldn't have been able to play any games in the first place."

Then I looked up prices in other countries before hitting post (I see you're from Denmark) and came to the conclusion that it truly does suck to live anywhere other than America. Yes, I realize that's a terribly American-typical thing to say but it's dirt cheap to get a license here, guess that's why most of our driver's suck though.

Your post sir, gave me the itchy feeling of "I have to answer this guy".. cause you actually did some research before you posted some dumb snot-noosed comment, and I'm crediting you! I'm from Norway, and not so unlike Denmark or Sweden we are probably the country with the most expensive driver license. Converted to US dollars we are paying between 1500 US dollars and 3-4000 US dollars (cause our test is divided in so many areas; night driving, ice-driving and so on.. for more info, use your friend GOOGLE). I'm a grad student from America, and a lot of my friends took it while we were there for both the written 'exam' and the driving exam for less than 20 bucks (which is hilerious). But I have to add two things.. the average income for a Norwegian is twice the amount or more than the average american, and yes, we are (without bragging) a hell of a lot better drivers :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes