How to avoid spoilers when the game is released?

So ... Long story short
    I thought that i would be able to spend money on a new pc for diablo 3...
    but I just found out that I have to wait and spend most of my money on a FREAKING drivers license...
    so I dont believe that I will be able to play the game on may 15th.... do you guys have any good advises on how to avoid spoilers ? other than not visit any diablo 3 releated sites... xD

HEAD BANG OR DIE!!!
    Play console games, read a book, disconnect your internet, take up golfing, go hiking.

That should about do it.
    Dude.. there is at least 4 weeks before release, go do some chores around your house to ask your parents to pay you, or go find a part time job somewhere, deliver news papers!
    Are you referring to plot/story spoilers? Or just anything game related (like the new runes, enemies, areas that we visit, side-quests)?

I guess you could still read the forums, as we'll ask people to keep spoilers to a minimum (and very likely edit posts adding spoiler tags when we see them), and check overall news on how the game was received.

Specialized media articles (Gamespy, Gamespot's, IGN, Gamesradar) usually keeps spoilers to a minimum (and warn you beforehand), so you could read them.

I'm sure youtubers will consider this as well, and show content without major story spoilers.

For us moderators, I guess the only way is to play the game from beginning to end before checking the forums :( (if that's even possible) 15-20 hour marathon? Yay :D
    Quote from Dreimos2

Dude.. there is at least 4 weeks before release, go do some chores around your house to ask your parents to pay you, or go find a part time job somewhere, deliver news papers!

Between first finding the job, then any training, then actually starting and working for two weeks, it can be as much as a month before even getting a paycheck from a part time job.

Freelance labor. Go door to door and ask to mow lawns or do any grunt work people might need help with. Should be able to get a few hundred dollars before D3's release working a couple hours a day.
    Quote from niklasrd

but I just found out that I have to wait and spend most of my money on a FREAKING drivers license...

My original thought was as follows
    "If the price of your driver's license takes most of your money, then chances are that hip new PC you were going to build wouldn't have been able to play any games in the first place."

Then I looked up prices in other countries before hitting post (I see you're from Denmark) and came to the conclusion that it truly does suck to live anywhere other than America. Yes, I realize that's a terribly American-typical thing to say but it's dirt cheap to get a license here, guess that's why most of our driver's suck though.
    Dont come here starting monday, dont go to any d3 related forum, unsubscribe to r/diablo, dont go on facebook. Thats what Im gonna do cause I cant play till may 17th.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Are you referring to plot/story spoilers? Or just anything game related (like the new runes, enemies, areas that we visit, side-quests)?

I guess you could still read the forums, as we'll ask people to keep spoilers to a minimum (and very likely edit posts adding spoiler tags when we see them), and check overall news on how the game was received.

Specialized media articles (Gamespy, Gamespot's, IGN, Gamesradar) usually keeps spoilers to a minimum (and warn you beforehand), so you could read them.

I'm sure youtubers will consider this as well, and show content without major story spoilers.

For us moderators, I guess the only way is to play the game from beginning to end before checking the forums :( (if that's even possible) 15-20 hour marathon? Yay :D

I shall take this burden upon my shoulders.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Zero(pS)

That is what I am doing haha. Once I finish Normal it will be safe to check sites or use internet again. Anything I missed after a single run is fair game to know.
    Just avoid D3 related forums/blogs/comments.

Even with moderation, chances of information slipping through the net are high.

I'll probably avoid it myself until I finish normal mode, and I plan to do a full Exploration/talk-to-everybody first playthrough.
    Feel bad for people like this, From the time of release I've arranged a completely open schedule for 60 hours. Buying a bunch of redbull, vodka, beer, and dirty disgusting snackfood. My goal is to get my character to 60 without getting my weight above 180lbs
    Quote from Ayr

Just avoid D3 related forums/blogs/comments.

Even with moderation, chances of information slipping through the net are high.

I'll probably avoid it myself until I finish normal mode, and I plan to do a full Exploration/talk-to-everybody first playthrough.

That's the sad truth :(
    Am I the only one wondering how much this guy's driver's license costs if it rivals the cost of getting a whole new PC?
    Quote from derpinger

My original thought was as follows
    "If the price of your driver's license takes most of your money, then chances are that hip new PC you were going to build wouldn't have been able to play any games in the first place."

Then I looked up prices in other countries before hitting post (I see you're from Denmark) and came to the conclusion that it truly does suck to live anywhere other than America. Yes, I realize that's a terribly American-typical thing to say but it's dirt cheap to get a license here, guess that's why most of our driver's suck though.

Quote from aldrek

Am I the only one wondering how much this guy's driver's license costs if it rivals the cost of getting a whole new PC?

Yeah I am too. Looks like a Danish Driver's License cost about 46 US, in comparison to 30 US when I had mine renewed in Illinois, so he may be exaggerating. Or I could be wrong.
    Quote from HabeasPorpoise

Yeah I am too. Looks like a Danish Driver's License cost about 46 US, in comparison to 30 US when I had mine renewed in Illinois, so he may be exaggerating. Or I could be wrong.

No he's not exaggerating. I've closed the tab since, but a denmark license was like 1400 pounds or something? Like $1850 american

edit - but i think that's total training costs and all...which still seems quite a bit more than it is in the US
    Edit: ^ beat me to it :(

Maybe the driver's license required classes are really expensive. Here in Brazil we spend around 300 dollars to get everything done (fees, taxes, classes). A tad more if you want to be able to drive motorcycles as well.

I've heard that in England it is not only very expensive but very time consuming - anyone could confirm that?
    Wow, if it really is 1850 USD, that's mind-blowing. I can't imagine any reason to make it that expensive, unless certain other government taxes are very cheap or even nonexistant. I know nothing about Danish government process, so I can't really speak for it.
    Quote from niklasrd

So ... Long story short
    so I dont believe that I will be able to play the game on may 15th.... do you guys have any good advises on how to avoid spoilers ? other than not visit any diablo 3 releated sites... xD

The only thing you can do is avoid related sites and searching gameplay vids on youtube. I know it works because I have no interest in Tera online, I've never visited a fansite and never searched for it on youtube, therefore I know nothing about it O;

It's really your only option.
    Quote from aldrek

Wow, if it really is 1850 USD, that's mind-blowing. I can't imagine any reason to make it that expensive, unless certain other government taxes are very cheap or even nonexistant. I know nothing about Danish government process, so I can't really speak for it.

sorry offtopic: :D

It´s about 1700 euros minimum in Finland. And after 2 year you have to go stage two, which means you have to prove you can drive and there are couple of lessons and few hundred extra bucks... so total cost minimum of 2000e. I have also motorbike licence which was pretty cheap about ~500e.
    The best way to avoid spoilers, play the game...and only the game..don't go out side, don't search the internet...just stay in the game..at all times!
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes